Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tired of Waiting... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 20, 2013, 02:33:07 PM

On the one hand you preach that Dom's plan is

i dont think anyone knows what Dom's plan is.  did Doms plan change with schiano?  does Doms plan have to be concrete? 

i believe that the team would like to pay its own, but i also believe the team isnt going to overpay for average talent.  doesnt mean the team wont make mistakes ie eric wright, or even possibly roy miller or michael bennett.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 20, 2013, 02:56:53 PM

Coach S's favorite term "it's fluid"

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

traew01

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 20, 2013, 03:39:07 PM

Coach S's favorite term "it's fluid"

Yeah...there is a lot of fluid right now at One Buc place....and Immodium is the only cure.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 20, 2013, 03:41:15 PM

On the one hand you preach that Dom's plan is

i dont think anyone knows what Dom's plan is.  did Doms plan change with schiano?  does Doms plan have to be concrete? 

i believe that the team would like to pay its own, but i also believe the team isnt going to overpay for average talent.  doesnt mean the team wont make mistakes ie eric wright, or even possibly roy miller or michael bennett.

So what does building through the draft exactly mean?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 20, 2013, 04:08:45 PM

lol

Traew does this every year, and doesn't get anywhere. :D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 20, 2013, 04:11:01 PM

lol

traew01

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 20, 2013, 04:49:30 PM

lol

No kidding. Dominik never gets fired, you guys contine to worship him, I keep buying season tickets, I fly from LA to Tampa for games, I walk out of Raymond James pissed and depressed, I fly back to LA. The season ends. off season begins, and we do it all over again.

It's a blast.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 20, 2013, 05:48:19 PM

ive got no idea.  maybe they are just trying to find stars in the draft and first wave of FA.  then scrubs to fill in the holes?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 20, 2013, 06:00:28 PM

ive got no idea.  maybe they are just trying to find stars in the draft and first wave of FA.  then scrubs to fill in the holes?

You defend this regime quite often or appear to do so.  I will always understand "upgrading" positions.  The defense was awful last year.  Few bright spots.  We heard about this youth movement for years now.  At what point does it stop and we keep people?  Or just Dom just plain suck at making picks outside of the first round?

Madman

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 20, 2013, 06:14:40 PM

The free agent market has been fairly soft, so no one is really overpaying for average talent. This team needs to find some legit CBs fast.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 20, 2013, 06:26:19 PM

You defend this regime quite often or appear to do so.  I will always understand "upgrading" positions.  The defense was awful last year.  Few bright spots.  We heard about this youth movement for years now.  At what point does it stop and we keep people?  Or just Dom just plain suck at making picks outside of the first round?

yeah, i defend my team.  also try to defend the players on my team.  its much more enjoyable than complaining about everything they do.  they make mistakes, sure.  but they spend 24/7 researching, watching film, meeting with agents and coaches, all to make the Bucs a better team.   they are much more invested, and much more knowledgeable than I am, and most on this board.  and yet they still make mistakes.  they also have to be reasonable and rational, which fans on a message board have the liberty of ignoring.

maybe schiano has brought a different direction to the team?  i think thats quite possible.  maybe he wants something different than what dominik and morris thought was important?  maybe there is more than just the cover of the book, more than us fans are able to see?

one aspect of the defense was awful last year, and that did lead to an awful overall defense.  maybe the answer is easier than we think to fix?  or maybe we do need new owners and coaches and GMs.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 20, 2013, 08:09:05 PM

yeah, i defend my team.  also try to defend the players on my team.  its much more enjoyable than complaining about everything they do.  they make mistakes, sure.  but they spend 24/7 researching, watching film, meeting with agents and coaches, all to make the Bucs a better team.   they are much more invested, and much more knowledgeable than I am, and most on this board.  and yet they still make mistakes.  they also have to be reasonable and rational, which fans on a message board have the liberty of ignoring.

maybe schiano has brought a different direction to the team?  i think thats quite possible.  maybe he wants something different than what dominik and morris thought was important?  maybe there is more than just the cover of the book, more than us fans are able to see?

one aspect of the defense was awful last year, and that did lead to an awful overall defense.  maybe the answer is easier than we think to fix?  or maybe we do need new owners and coaches and GMs.

So Schiano needs all new players?  WTF?  And we'll have to start again if we replace Josh?  You'd think they would tailor their schemes to their players instead of going out and replacing everyone.  I find it hard to believe there wasn't a place for Miller or Bennett on the number one rush defense.  Regardless fo your claims they did not sign for very much and were affordable for us. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 20, 2013, 09:15:15 PM

You can't fix miserable.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 20, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

I cant think of a hypothetical plan  we could have been following that would make sense right now...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#44 : March 20, 2013, 09:32:58 PM

So Schiano needs all new players?  WTF?  And we'll have to start again if we replace Josh?  You'd think they would tailor their schemes to their players instead of going out and replacing everyone.  I find it hard to believe there wasn't a place for Miller or Bennett on the number one rush defense.  Regardless fo your claims they did not sign for very much and were affordable for us.

Youre pretty good at pointing out problems. What, pray tell, would be your solution if you ran this sad excuse for a franchise?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tired of Waiting... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools