Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tired of Waiting... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 20, 2013, 10:12:59 PM

The problem was the Glazers fired Gruden without having a plan to replace he and Allen.  They made a rash decision and we are all paying for it five years later.  They promoted two people that weren't qualified.  Find and pay someone to come in here and make football decisions.  A real GM.  I would have never hired a coach from Rutgers that never won the crap conference either.  Bad hires at the top have lead directly to a crappy on field product.

What more do you want to know?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : March 20, 2013, 10:29:03 PM

So Schiano needs all new players?  WTF?  And we'll have to start again if we replace Josh?  You'd think they would tailor their schemes to their players instead of going out and replacing everyone.  I find it hard to believe there wasn't a place for Miller or Bennett on the number one rush defense.  Regardless fo your claims they did not sign for very much and were affordable for us.

who said all new players?

what made the #1 rush defense?  id say it was more schiano (and mccoy) than miller/bennett/biggers.  those 3 have been punching bags for Bucs fans for years.  now we have fans upset they arent here?  laughable.  just reaching for something to complain about.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 20, 2013, 10:29:53 PM

A real GM. 

who are the real GM's in the NFL?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 20, 2013, 10:43:49 PM

The problem was the Glazers fired Gruden without having a plan to replace he and Allen.  They made a rash decision and we are all paying for it five years later.  They promoted two people that weren't qualified.  Find and pay someone to come in here and make football decisions.  A real GM.  I would have never hired a coach from Rutgers that never won the crap conference either.  Bad hires at the top have lead directly to a crappy on field product.

Hindsight. Who would you have hired instead? Who are these "real GMs"?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 20, 2013, 10:48:59 PM

Nothing.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 20, 2013, 11:27:46 PM

This is hilarious.  Hindsight?  Raheem and Dom is hindsight?  They both had zero experience.  Who hires like that?  Whatever.

geetech84

Starter

#51 : March 20, 2013, 11:28:09 PM

I believe reason why the Buc's not really signing alot of FA players , is because, One..they have to work on restructuring Mike and Gerald contracts.. and Two, there are more teams, not done releasing or trading players "might happen, on or after the draft"

"No way 49ers,Giants,Steelers,Cowboys and few more... can sign their draft picks, "

Here a list of all the teams, salary cap room...

http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

So please be patient, I'm sure the Buc's are not done.
: March 20, 2013, 11:34:48 PM geetech84

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 20, 2013, 11:36:27 PM

This is hilarious.  Hindsight?  Raheem and Dom is hindsight?  They both had zero experience.  Who hires like that?  Whatever.

Yes, hindsight. That is your perspective. It's easy to armchair QB a decision years after it has been made. What about in the moment? Dom was hired because he had been a FO guy for years. Just like tons of other GM hires. Raheem was very questionable. However, the Glazers were taking a page out of the Steelers play book when they hired Tomlin. Young, energetic players coach. Obviously that didn't work.

You're obviously not interested in anything more than **CENSORED**ing.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 21, 2013, 01:01:02 AM

Yes, hindsight. That is your perspective. It's easy to armchair QB a decision years after it has been made. What about in the moment? Dom was hired because he had been a FO guy for years. Just like tons of other GM hires. Raheem was very questionable. However, the Glazers were taking a page out of the Steelers play book when they hired Tomlin. Young, energetic players coach. Obviously that didn't work.

You're obviously not interested in anything more than **CENSORED**ing.

And what do you think you are doing?  Let me let you in on a little secret.  I don't have to be a pro quarterback to know when Drew Brees throws a bad pick.  I don't have to be Beethoven to know when someone screws up the Fifth on a piano.  I don't have to be a newscaster to know when someone reads the teleprompter wrong.  These are all just common sense things.  You either have "it" or you don't.  Call it whatever you want I don't care.  IMHO, the Glazers made some bad hires and we the fans have paid for it with a bad product. 

We've seen instant turnarounds recently in the parity stricken NFL.  We are going on year FIVE.  You don't think that might be a little too long?  Does the name Matt Millen mean anything to you?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 21, 2013, 02:32:17 AM

Schiano is fine. The verdict is out on the gm and the QB, however.

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#55 : March 21, 2013, 02:45:22 AM

Fact: Based on Schiano's tenure alone, you'd be hardpressed to find a better GM in the NFL than dom right now.

No one expected us to get VJ And nicks. Or even be in the hunt for Revis this hard at all. When you look at his year here under Schiano, he's turned himself around A LOT.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#56 : March 21, 2013, 03:22:26 AM

Fact: our draft position was a result of how poor a job he did in the past.

In Verner We Trust

deuce

Rookie

#57 : March 21, 2013, 06:14:08 AM

Does anybody really think that Revis is worth 12-13 million a year?  And also not having our first round pick?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : March 21, 2013, 06:27:10 AM

Who are the real GMs? How many NFL teams have real GMs?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#59 : March 21, 2013, 06:30:19 AM

Does anybody really think that Revis is worth 12-13 million a year?  And also not having our first round pick?

its seems the majority believes both - in fact, Revis at $12 mil is a bargain. He's asking $16 mil/season. ----all this sounds like a big disaster waiting to happen - with lots of firings, lots of last place finishes, and another 5-10 yrs of failure
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tired of Waiting... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools