Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EJ Biggars signed with the Washington Redskins per rotoworld « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 20, 2013, 07:39:58 PM

Sounds more like rats leaving the defense....sinking or righting the ship?   Honestly doesn't sound good....but I'm open to a positive reasonable slant.....is there one?
Ladyfan, I've been hosting a chatroom (Though it's less active than past days today) And i've said via mic chat all week, from the radio and tweets i have, and the roundtable discussion, that dom passed up these CB's because they...aren't really that good at all. If we cry about BIGGERS leaving, what have we become?

In my opinion, i aint panicking until i see how we look come gameday.

WHEN DO WE STOP THIS NEVERENDING TURNSTILE?  If Dom doesn't want to resign his own picks...what does that tell you about the pick to begin with?

WHEN DO WE QUESTION MARK ON WHAT"S GOING ON????  THIS IS OLD.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 20, 2013, 07:53:42 PM

Honestly, there is now very little they can do to make this passing defense better quickly.

how overdramatic can you be?  jeez. revis is still very much in play.   even if not there are plenty of CB's available in the draft that should have a positive impact.  there are many DL/pass rushers we could select in the 1st that should give us more punch.

no, we werent very active in FA. but for the most part it was a bunch of scrubs...scrubs that most of our fans think we should sign just because they were 1 year deals for only 5 mil. could they have helped us?  probably.  were they the only way to improve the team?  most definitely not.

we all know the depths that schiano goes to concerning temperatures and such...but im supposed to believe that he is going through FA with his fingers crossed with the hopes of revis and nothing else?  c'mon.

This lame, "there were no good CBs out there" BS has to stop. Just because there were no elite CBs on the market, that does not mean they were scrubs. I'm ok with the, "maybe they just want to upgrade the position through the draft" statements...but to pretend like there was no real talent out there in order to make a lame excuse for the Bucs inactivity so far is so inaccurate.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 20, 2013, 08:11:18 PM

Good for Biggers. I'm not too upset that he is gone since he probably was pretty close to his ceiling, but he did have a better year in 2012 than people would like to give him credit for.
  Just about sums up my thoughts on EJ too. Admired him for his comeback from a serious injury, but getting thrust into a starters role just came too early, especially in a D that had so little pass rush.That left him exposed way more frequently...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 20, 2013, 09:19:34 PM

^^^^  that.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 20, 2013, 09:29:15 PM

WHEN DO WE STOP THIS NEVERENDING TURNSTILE?  If Dom doesn't want to resign his own picks...what does that tell you about the pick to begin with?

By any definition, even if someone isn't a fan of Biggers, that was an excellent pick. Most seventh rounders don't make a team, never mind get a second contract.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 20, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Should have put EJ Boogers of you want to spell his name wrong... Lol...

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#66 : March 20, 2013, 10:11:08 PM

By any definition, even if someone isn't a fan of Biggers, that was an excellent pick. Most seventh rounders don't make a team, never mind get a second contract.

Agree with both of you. Dom has a terrible track record with picks but Biggers was a serviceable 7th round pick.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#67 : March 20, 2013, 10:21:10 PM

This lame, "there were no good CBs out there" BS has to stop. Just because there were no elite CBs on the market, that does not mean they were scrubs. I'm ok with the, "maybe they just want to upgrade the position through the draft" statements...but to pretend like there was no real talent out there in order to make a lame excuse for the Bucs inactivity so far is so inaccurate.

the real talent is revis.  they are making a play for revis.  it could backfire.  it could pan out.  im happy the Bucs arent settling for average guys.  is average okay to say?  and i did like a lot of those guys.  but c'mon, all those CB's were pretty average.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#68 : March 20, 2013, 10:32:17 PM

Good bye!

Adios!

Sayonara!

Deuces!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#69 : March 20, 2013, 10:56:00 PM

the real talent is revis.  they are making a play for revis.  it could backfire.  it could pan out.  im happy the Bucs arent settling for average guys.  is average okay to say?  and i did like a lot of those guys.  but c'mon, all those CB's were pretty average.

Smith, DRC, Grimes, Scrabble, etc. If your opinion of them is average, fair enough. They aren't close to Revis, but they are light years better than anyone we fielded last season. There is no reason why we could still target Revis as well as attempting to sign one of the FA CBs to be the pre-draft plan B, or to be a legit vet #2. I think that is what most would have preferred. Even though those CBs weren't top 10 CBs, doesn't mean that they wouldn't be solid players. Look at Ogletree, Crabtree, and Casillas. Those guys were no where near the top FAs at their positions....yet they play at positions that needed players/depth. There is no other position that needs immediate starters and depth more than the CB position. The same type of pick up could have happened with the CB position...and hopefully it still will. It's definitely not too late.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#70 : March 20, 2013, 11:11:57 PM

Smith, DRC, Grimes, Scrabble, etc. If your opinion of them is average, fair enough. They aren't close to Revis, but they are light years better than anyone we fielded last season. There is no reason why we could still target Revis as well as attempting to sign one of the FA CBs to be the pre-draft plan B, or to be a legit vet #2. I think that is what most would have preferred. Even though those CBs weren't top 10 CBs, doesn't mean that they wouldn't be solid players. Look at Ogletree, Crabtree, and Casillas. Those guys were no where near the top FAs at their positions....yet they play at positions that needed players/depth. There is no other position that needs immediate starters and depth more than the CB position. The same type of pick up could have happened with the CB position...and hopefully it still will. It's definitely not too late.

heck, im on record saying i would have signed one of those guys...i just am not gonna hang dominik for not.  i dont think the ogletree, crabtree, casillas comparisons are valid.  im not sure about crabtree, but the other 2 guys signed for less than 2 mil.  thats peanuts.  any of those corners would have been around 6 mil.  big difference. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#71 : March 20, 2013, 11:14:12 PM

What's the payroll of all the CBs signed right now?

Hahahahaha!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#72 : March 20, 2013, 11:15:06 PM

$34.75

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#73 : March 20, 2013, 11:19:14 PM

$34.75
The Plan

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#74 : March 20, 2013, 11:26:57 PM

heck, im on record saying i would have signed one of those guys...i just am not gonna hang dominik for not.  i dont think the ogletree, crabtree, casillas comparisons are valid.  im not sure about crabtree, but the other 2 guys signed for less than 2 mil.  thats peanuts.  any of those corners would have been around 6 mil.  big difference.

Any of those CBs would most likely see the field between 30-50% more than Ogletree, Crabtree, Casillas. Realistically...it's not much of difference at all.

Personally, I'm not hanging Dominik. My opinion is just that we could have upgraded the most important spot of our team by now.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EJ Biggars signed with the Washington Redskins per rotoworld « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools