Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EJ Biggars signed with the Washington Redskins per rotoworld « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 20, 2013, 04:48:44 PM

Good for Biggers. I'm not too upset that he is gone since he probably was pretty close to his ceiling, but he did have a better year in 2012 than people would like to give him credit for.
He absolutely did.... the touchdowns were given up by everyone's boys Barron and David.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 20, 2013, 04:53:16 PM

Good for Biggers. I'm not too upset that he is gone since he probably was pretty close to his ceiling, but he did have a better year in 2012 than people would like to give him credit for.
He absolutely did.... the touchdowns were given up by everyone's boys Barron and David.

We need better talent than Biggers at the #1 and #2 CB positions, no question...and it may not be worth much, but Biggers by far was the best CB in 2012. The pass defense was collectively bad in 2012. CBs, Safeties, LBs, pass rush. All areas were equally to blame for the awful year they had. You could even argue that the scheme itself needs some tweaking to help those positions be more successful. Point is, people like to shift all to the blame on the CBs, but it was bigger than just their inefficiencies. All positons struggle against the pass.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 20, 2013, 06:07:44 PM

OH NO, WE LOST BIGGERS................

YAY, WE LOST BIGGERS! :D

Seriously, Biggers? Y'all are panicking far too much. we are months away and from what I hear we are interviewing CB's as we speak. Calm down.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucsWin31

Starter

#48 : March 20, 2013, 06:10:23 PM

Seriously, Biggers? Y'all are panicking far too much. we are months away and from what I hear we are interviewing CB's as we speak. Calm down.
Couldn't have said it any better

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 20, 2013, 06:12:15 PM

Biggers was a good hustle guy, seemed to basically get coverage but somehow, never turned around to look at the ball and got beat most of the time. I never understood why he never turned around and looked at the ball.

If he turned to look at the ball he'd be a much better CB. He's wasn't a good CB so he didn't do that. It is sort of like people who say that Brandon Lloyd would be a good WR if he was more consistent - well no kidding but he's not and that is why he's Brandon Lloyd and not Reggie Wayne.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 20, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Who here is panicking about Biggers?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#51 : March 20, 2013, 06:22:45 PM

Can you just have an auto-reply set up that responds to every thread with "<insert Name of Buccaneer Official> made the right decision." and then go away? It would honestly save you a bunch of free time in the day and not lower your contribution quotient one teeny tiny bit.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 20, 2013, 06:27:53 PM

LOL, Dal, seriously, I can sit here till im blue in the face and contribute. i can talk to everyone in here, point out their flaws, and still people would call me a homer. The only way I'd be "Contributing" is by continuing the complaints. Do we need more of them? No. If it weren't for me no one would be looking possibly at anything. Even when I complain you guys wouldn't be satisfied.

Edit: Furthermore, generalizing my opinion like im a robot shows you you know nothing about me. Am I concerned about our CB's?...not really! We're sitting pretty ro grab a bunch in the draft that (Even as rookies) Will be immediate upgrades.I don't think we even wait till then though...but if they do, i'll wait till then to be mad, if iit doesn't work.
: March 20, 2013, 06:33:08 PM Beatles123

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 20, 2013, 06:55:58 PM

Sounds more like rats leaving the defense....sinking or righting the ship?   Honestly doesn't sound good....but I'm open to a positive reasonable slant.....is there one?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 20, 2013, 06:59:24 PM

Agreed... and i'll go on record saying right now that i'm not happy with his departure. HATE it, actually.... especially when lookin at the current depth at the position.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#55 : March 20, 2013, 07:06:40 PM

Sounds more like rats leaving the defense....sinking or righting the ship?   Honestly doesn't sound good....but I'm open to a positive reasonable slant.....is there one?
Ladyfan, I've been hosting a chatroom (Though it's less active than past days today) And i've said via mic chat all week, from the radio and tweets i have, and the roundtable discussion, that dom passed up these CB's because they...aren't really that good at all. If we cry about BIGGERS leaving, what have we become?

In my opinion, i aint panicking until i see how we look come gameday.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 20, 2013, 07:11:47 PM

Rats are leaving the sinking ship.

It's not that it's bad biggers is gone, it's bad because they have even worse players behind him, and the revis deal is really looking like a failure. Not to mention, they're letting guys go, without anyone reasonable to replace them.

Now who do we sign? Bad leg grimes, who has little interest around the league? Captain? Hope like hell one of the two CB's we'll surely have to draft plays lights out against one of the better passing divisions in the game? Honestly, there is now very little they can do to make this passing defense better quickly.

But hey...we did sign a safety and a TE that has tatts.. ::)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 20, 2013, 07:20:17 PM

Bad move, at the very least he had experience in the system. Every egg Dom has is in one basket, he better hopes it works out.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#58 : March 20, 2013, 07:20:41 PM

Honestly, there is now very little they can do to make this passing defense better quickly.

how overdramatic can you be?  jeez. revis is still very much in play.   even if not there are plenty of CB's available in the draft that should have a positive impact.  there are many DL/pass rushers we could select in the 1st that should give us more punch.

no, we werent very active in FA.  but for the most part it was a bunch of scrubs...scrubs that most of our fans think we should sign just because they were 1 year deals for only 5 mil.  could they have helped us?  probably.  were they the only way to improve the team?  most definitely not.

we all know the depths that schiano goes to concerning temperatures and such...but im supposed to believe that he is going through FA with his fingers crossed with the hopes of revis and nothing else?  c'mon.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#59 : March 20, 2013, 07:31:53 PM

Edit: Furthermore, generalizing my opinion like im a robot shows you you know nothing about me. Am I concerned about our CB's?...not really! We're sitting pretty ro grab a bunch in the draft that (Even as rookies) Will be immediate upgrades.I don't think we even wait till then though...but if they do, i'll wait till then to be mad, if iit doesn't work.
we aren't sitting pretty. Far from it

We're sitting ugly.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EJ Biggars signed with the Washington Redskins per rotoworld « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools