Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO NEEDS TO WIN NOW « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#45 : March 19, 2013, 05:02:15 PM

While I totally agreed with the article at the time of reading one thing to do with the possible Revis trade has made me reverse my thinking.
We keep hearing how Dom is willing to trade next seasons 1st rounder, do you really think the Glazers would allow Dom to be using a future first rounder if he & Schiano are on the hot seat?
If we were to have the type of season next year that get's Dom fired how are they going to convince any potential GM that's worth a damn to take the job if they have to replace the coach (as GMs do when taking over) on a team that's searching for a new starting QB (because Freeman would then have likely been shown the door) and having no first round pick to work with.
I think the very fact that Dom is working with future draft picks is a good sign that he's on still on solid ground with the Glazers, if he's still got a job I can't see Schiano getting the boot when Morris got 3 years and coach hasn't had "his guy" at QB yet, instead being given Freeman who was a gift from Dom to Morris.
I'm thinking it takes a 3-13 year or worse and I mean a BAD 3-13, where we are blown out in most games to, cause the firing of Coach and/or Dom.

Since only one game last year could be considered a blowout, that's not likely to happen. I seriously doubt Schiano has any plans to replace Freeman and start all over with a rookie QB. He wants to win now, not two or three years down the road.
And what happens if we don't win with Josh in 2013, instead going 7-9 for yet another losing season, how is that winning now?
You seem to have missed the overall point of that post by focusing on that line which was infact saying how bad things would have to be to get coach fired, not how likely we are to be that bad.

...because you admit that there is a possibility that Freeman might not succeed in 2013, you are now a "troll". He missed the overall point because if he sees a post that doesn't show Freeman or the Bucs organization in a brilliant light, he sees red and starts foaming at the mouth. Sparky tries to pull this crap time and time again.

I have stated on many occasions that Freeman needs to be more consistent. You NEVER admit that he could even be just good or acknowledge that he has been at times. To me franchise records indicate there is that possibility. You always give credit to those around him or blame the opponent as not being worthy. I like that we finally have a competent HC and a team that has youth and talent on BOTH sides of the ball. I enjoy having high expectations for this team. I don't consider every move the Bucs have made to be brilliant, but I do consider the general direction to be one hell of an upgrade over what we had before. Just for the record, I didn't become critical of Gruden until I realized he wasn't building anything or teaching anybody anything. Even then I didn't attack the organization like some frigging troll. I still rooted for the team to win. I still hoped for the best. I'm sure some of the players read the threads on this board. It is possible to be critical and respectful at the same time. You and others like you lack that ability. You weren't raised that way. Somebody didn't think you were worth the effort. I agree.

The PR poll indicates four to one are excited about the future of this team. You're in the minority with your negative BS.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 19, 2013, 05:35:16 PM

While I totally agreed with the article at the time of reading one thing to do with the possible Revis trade has made me reverse my thinking.
We keep hearing how Dom is willing to trade next seasons 1st rounder, do you really think the Glazers would allow Dom to be using a future first rounder if he & Schiano are on the hot seat?
If we were to have the type of season next year that get's Dom fired how are they going to convince any potential GM that's worth a damn to take the job if they have to replace the coach (as GMs do when taking over) on a team that's searching for a new starting QB (because Freeman would then have likely been shown the door) and having no first round pick to work with.
I think the very fact that Dom is working with future draft picks is a good sign that he's on still on solid ground with the Glazers, if he's still got a job I can't see Schiano getting the boot when Morris got 3 years and coach hasn't had "his guy" at QB yet, instead being given Freeman who was a gift from Dom to Morris.
I'm thinking it takes a 3-13 year or worse and I mean a BAD 3-13, where we are blown out in most games to, cause the firing of Coach and/or Dom.

Since only one game last year could be considered a blowout, that's not likely to happen. I seriously doubt Schiano has any plans to replace Freeman and start all over with a rookie QB. He wants to win now, not two or three years down the road.
And what happens if we don't win with Josh in 2013, instead going 7-9 for yet another losing season, how is that winning now?
You seem to have missed the overall point of that post by focusing on that line which was infact saying how bad things would have to be to get coach fired, not how likely we are to be that bad.

...because you admit that there is a possibility that Freeman might not succeed in 2013, you are now a "troll". He missed the overall point because if he sees a post that doesn't show Freeman or the Bucs organization in a brilliant light, he sees red and starts foaming at the mouth. Sparky tries to pull this crap time and time again.

I have stated on many occasions that Freeman needs to be more consistent. You NEVER admit that he could even be just good or acknowledge that he has been at times. To me franchise records indicate there is that possibility. You always give credit to those around him or blame the opponent as not being worthy. I like that we finally have a competent HC and a team that has youth and talent on BOTH sides of the ball. I enjoy having high expectations for this team. I don't consider every move the Bucs have made to be brilliant, but I do consider the general direction to be one hell of an upgrade over what we had before. Just for the record, I didn't become critical of Gruden until I realized he wasn't building anything or teaching anybody anything. Even then I didn't attack the organization like some frigging troll. I still rooted for the team to win. I still hoped for the best. I'm sure some of the players read the threads on this board. It is possible to be critical and respectful at the same time. You and others like you lack that ability. You weren't raised that way. Somebody didn't think you were worth the effort. I agree.

The PR poll indicates four to one are excited about the future of this team. You're in the minority with your negative BS.

Way to continue to foam at the mouth. I have acknowledged that he has been good at times....so you are incorrect there. Way to put the ass in assume....something you do quite well. I "always give credit..blah blah blah". Once again, you assume incorrectly. I actually like GS as the HC and there were some things that were encouraging last season, but I'm not gonna go out on a limb and spout BS by saying that he will never have again have a losing season or that he will be our Tom Landry...not my thing. You talk about being respectful, yet you say complete BS like "someone didn't think you were worth the effort" to be raised a certain way. What a bitter old man you must be. GTFOH with your holier than thou, "I'm such a better fan than you" attitude. It may seem like I (or others) bash players or the organization in your eyes, but in reality people are just extinguishing BS homeristic arguments that are more targeted at lame retorts by users here than they are at Freeman or any other player that may come under criticism on these boards.  I wouldn't expect you to see the difference though, because you seem detached from reality. Carry on with your bullsh*t elsewhere.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 19, 2013, 06:06:14 PM

Bravo Chase.

BRAVO.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 19, 2013, 06:33:21 PM

I agree with SR and here is why. If Freeman stinks it up this year and the bucs get a top 5 pick then Dominick would most likely get fired. Once the Bucs hire a new GM they would draft a QB with the 1st round pick and then Schiano would be headed into year 3 with a rookie QB. If the Bucs have a bad year with the rookie QB at the helm Schiano's record would most likely be horrible and it would be hard for the GM to keep him. Another thing people forget is often when a new GM is hired they want to bring in their own coach.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 20, 2013, 10:09:46 AM

I agree with SR and here is why. If Freeman stinks it up this year and the bucs get a top 5 pick then Dominick would most likely get fired. Once the Bucs hire a new GM they would draft a QB with the 1st round pick and then Schiano would be headed into year 3 with a rookie QB. If the Bucs have a bad year with the rookie QB at the helm Schiano's record would most likely be horrible and it would be hard for the GM to keep him. Another thing people forget is often when a new GM is hired they want to bring in their own coach.

If Freeman does stink up the joint culminating in Dominik and Freeman's departure, I might want Schiano gone as well... pending on the new GM.  The last thing we need is a HC who isn't in love with a rookie QB that the new GM is.  If Schiano and the new GM are on the same page, then fine... otherwise, I'd rather him be fired too.  Start fresh across the board.  At that point, I'd consider trading Vincent Jackson too.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 20, 2013, 11:03:02 AM

Schiano is married to Freeman just like Morris was whether  he likes it or not. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 20, 2013, 11:12:14 AM

whys this?  i think if schiano shows he is a legit NFL coach and has the rest of the team moving forward with strides, the glazers will let him pick his guy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 20, 2013, 11:15:10 AM

whys this?  i think if schiano shows he is a legit NFL coach and has the rest of the team moving forward with strides, the glazers will let him pick his guy.
Agreed. I even think Dominik can escape from Freeman provided the rest of the team looks good enough.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 20, 2013, 11:19:20 AM

Why?  Because it all comes down to wins and losses in this league and if Freeman struggles this year then so will the Bucs and we will be starting either a scrub vet or a rookie in 2014 and chances are we will have a losing record once again.  Losing records in your first 3 years get coaches fired.  That rookie would have to look real promising. 

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 20, 2013, 11:25:08 AM

Lets say Freeman bombed next year and the Bucs went 3-13. Dominick would get fired because his record as GM would be 27-53. The new GM might want to hire his own coach but even if he does not fire Schiano would be going into his 3rd year with a rookie QB. If the Bucs do not succeed with the rookie QB, Schiano would most likely be fired for posting 3 losing seasons in a row.

I am not saying that Schiano is married to Freeman but if Freeman does not succeed Schiano would have to hope, that the rookie QB drafted leads the team to a winning record.
: March 20, 2013, 11:28:35 AM Bucs_Rule

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#55 : March 20, 2013, 12:49:40 PM

Anything short of a playoff berth and Dom is gone.  Schiano on notice.  Enough is enough.  Building upon building upon building without any damn results.

HUGE HUGE year for this franchise.  YEAR FIVE OF THE REBUILD.  Other teams turn it around in a year but we can't.  Tired of some of these eternal sunshine posters with little or no bars for success.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 20, 2013, 12:57:55 PM

Anything short of a playoff berth and Dom is gone.  Schiano on notice.  Enough is enough.  Building upon building upon building without any damn results.

HUGE HUGE year for this franchise.  YEAR FIVE OF THE REBUILD.  Other teams turn it around in a year but we can't.  Tired of some of these eternal sunshine posters with little or no bars for success.

Good press conferences+favorable stat lines=success

You are a troll if you aren't overly joyous with the state that the franchise is in...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 20, 2013, 01:00:23 PM

Why?  Because it all comes down to wins and losses in this league and if Freeman struggles this year then so will the Bucs and we will be starting either a scrub vet or a rookie in 2014 and chances are we will have a losing record once again.  Losing records in your first 3 years get coaches fired.  That rookie would have to look real promising.
I just think there's a decent chance if the rest of the team plays respectable and Freeman is the problem, Dominik can put enough blame for Freeman on Morris and he may be given another chance.

Lets say Freeman bombed next year and the Bucs went 3-13. Dominick would get fired because his record as GM would be 27-53. The new GM might want to hire his own coach but even if he does not fire Schiano would be going into his 3rd year with a rookie QB. If the Bucs do not succeed with the rookie QB, Schiano would most likely be fired for posting 3 losing seasons in a row.

I am not saying that Schiano is married to Freeman but if Freeman does not succeed Schiano would have to hope, that the rookie QB drafted leads the team to a winning record.
If the team goes 3-13, Freeman is not going to be the only problem. For all his faults as a player, the team has generally been .500 since 2010 when everyone is playing hard. If the team gets that much worse, it will mean the players have quit again and Schiano has to go.

I think if Freeman continues his up and down play and the team goes 7-9 or so and the pass defense improves into the lower 20's, Schiano will have shown the players still respect him and are playing hard. Coaches don't solely get fired for losing. Sometimes you just don't have enough pieces to win. Coaches primarily get fired because the players quit.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#58 : March 20, 2013, 01:09:11 PM

Dominik hard at work...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#59 : March 20, 2013, 01:30:31 PM

Freeman doesn't suck.  This team will not win 3 games or less.  Freeman isn't great.  This team won't win 10 games or more.  The schedules aren't out nor has the draft been completed, so this is early, but I see 6 to 8 wins next season.  They'll beat Buffalo, Arizona, Philly (I think), and Carolina at home and St. Louis (I think) and the Jets on the road.  They might beat Carolina twice.  They might beat New Orleans or Atlanta if one of them has nothing to play for in Week 16 or 17... so 8 games is a possibility.  If the trend of beating only the bad teams and losing to the good teams, it's time to pull the plug on Freeman.  That trend can't continue for 4 seasons and warrant a contract extension.  If it's 50/50, I'd franchise him and risk a few million extra for 1 more season.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO NEEDS TO WIN NOW « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools