Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucs449

Hall of Famer

: March 20, 2013, 12:35:17 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/170650

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WVU WR Tavon Austin
The Bucs are still involved in the Darrelle Revis trade discussions. If they can get that deal done without giving up this pick, it would free them up to take the electric Austin. He would fit perfectly in the slot next to Vincent Jackson.

It's early to take a slot receiver, but I could really see this happening. Schiano saw Austin in person twice tear Rutgers a new one and he has a history of taking WVU guys. IMO, Austin is going to be a game changer at the next level. Also, the Bucs don't appear to value the TE position very much in their scheme.

ufcguy32

Starter

#1 : March 20, 2013, 12:39:21 PM

god no! we need defense

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#2 : March 20, 2013, 12:41:32 PM

His explanation of why is actually good and shows he knows more about the Bucs than most members of the national media, but that pick is not happening.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#3 : March 20, 2013, 12:42:17 PM

Tavon Austin is like Harvin or Cobb in that you can line-up as a RB, WR, KR, PR. We need to upgrade our special teams in the worst way. Also, slot WR is open after the Benn trade. I'd be happy with him at #13 but my gut feeling tells me we're taking a pass rusher after letting Miller and Bennett go.
: March 20, 2013, 12:52:18 PM bucfan26

ufcguy32

Starter

#4 : March 20, 2013, 12:44:36 PM

they signed ogeltree to play the slot. he will start.  we desperately need pass rush and cb. we also need a linebacker to replace quincy black. the first two are the most important. i think we go cb personally probably rhodes or trufant.

yungbull

Starter
#5 : March 20, 2013, 12:45:33 PM

I actually like this pick, even though passing over Sheldon Richardson would be hard to do.  One thing to note, is the fact that Greg Schiano attempted to recruit Tavon to Rutgers out of high school, and how the team as been looking for a Scatback for a while now.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 20, 2013, 12:51:47 PM

He has speed and versatility. I like it.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 20, 2013, 12:54:28 PM

If he's the BPA  then I'd be ok with the pick.

Super talented and has his head on right.   Well worth the 13 pick IMO.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 20, 2013, 12:55:11 PM

Not what we need but will most likely be the best offensive player in the draft when its all said and done. No complaints.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 20, 2013, 12:59:15 PM

Every team and their mothers will know the Bucs will be targeting a CB. Teams will likely trade in front of the Bucs to get a CB that they covet.

Nothing would shock me anymore.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 20, 2013, 01:04:29 PM

As it stands, and with no Revis trade the following seem like more realistic options. trade down, or depending on who is on the board in no particular order or preference: Lane Johnson, Dee Milliner, Ezekial Ansah, Dion Jordan, or Shariff Floyd would be better options. Having typed that, adding a multidimensional player that could play on special teams, the slot and be used creatively to add more offensive explosiveness is not a bad choice either. 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 20, 2013, 01:07:44 PM

As it stands, and with no Revis trade the following seem like more realistic options. trade down, or depending on who is on the board in no particular order or preference: Lane Johnson, Dee Milliner, Ezekial Ansah, Dion Jordan, or Shariff Floyd would be better options. Having typed that, adding a multidimensional player that could play on special teams, the slot and be used creatively to add more offensive explosiveness is not a bad choice either.

Of that group I think the only player to be available at #13 would be Ziggy Ansah. He is far to raw of a talent with limited production to be a viable option at #13 IMO.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 20, 2013, 01:08:35 PM

Its a sexy pick. Unfortunately its way off base.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 20, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

I could definitely see a team wanting to trade up for Tavon...

Could be worth both Minn's picks?   ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 20, 2013, 01:17:44 PM

I could definitely see a team wanting to trade up for Tavon...

Could be worth both Minn's picks?   ;)

I would be happy with the Vikings 23rd and 52nd pick for the 13th. Then trade Blount for a fifth and the Bucs would have the following. That should allow the Bucs to fill numerous holes. CB, CB, WR, TE, OT, DE, DT.

1. 23.
2. 43.
2. 52.
3. 77.
4. 112.
4. 126.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools