Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #loweringtheboomfund « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 25, 2013, 07:39:10 PM

@ProFootballTalk
Frustrated by rule changes, Arian Foster would sign waiver of his legal rights.

This is what the NFL should do.  Make all players sign a waiver.  If they don't sign, they don't play.  Simple as that.

True that. Where else are they going to go, Canada A?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#31 : March 25, 2013, 08:04:58 PM

Benchwarmer, its spelt eh, its just pronounced 'A' eh....

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 25, 2013, 09:57:47 PM

Woot woot ....Canadian spelling police in the house!  8)

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 26, 2013, 03:31:13 AM

The rule is preventing tramatic spinal cord injury. Youre supposed to run over, or tackle somone with your head up. The contact is spread throughout thw the body greatly reducing the risk of spinal injury. Running head down into anything, the spine absorbs most of the blow and can lead to serios problems like permanent nerve damage, disc and vertebra damage, and even paralysis and in extremely rare cases death.

If it takes a rule to make these players use the fundamentals theyve been tought their entire life to prevent these injuries than so be it. You think guys like kevin everettdont wish that their hit wouldve been with their head up? What about our own legrand? Im guessing hes all for the rule and all the added attention its gotten in lower levels of football. I coach youth football and thats the biggest thing any coach at that level stresses. All of us cringe in horror for that breif second if we see a player even come close to having their head down. Ive seen plenty of coaches hound on a kid if he does it out of fear for their safety.

In can still happen in freak accidents, but some of these athletes think they can do it without a tragedy happening to them so they continue to do it regardless. Maiing it a rule just takes that restlessness out of the equation for the most and all were are left with are freak accidents.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 26, 2013, 04:00:16 AM

Changing the game itself will get players hurt from one year to the next. Knowing the guidelines is key to success and health in almost any sport.

But I have come to terms that the committee is just one huge vagina that would wrap itself up in an assball to save themselves the second trouble shows it's ugly head.

It's pretty much what would've happened in the 80's if the owners wives went to the meetings instead of them. I guess they've never heard of waiver papers if they're still using FAX machines in the nfl?

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#35 : March 26, 2013, 11:23:08 AM

Woot woot ....Canadian spelling police in the house!  8)

Gotta be. Someones gotta educate you guys down there about us, otherwise yall might actually think we all live in igloos and have pet beavers. =-P

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: #loweringtheboomfund « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools