Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Who's Your First Round Pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#90 : March 29, 2013, 08:19:55 AM

Quote from: GrimmReaper
Rhodes would be a 1st round version of Myron Lewis.

Dirtypillow

Rookie
#91 : March 29, 2013, 10:35:06 AM

Game is won in the trenches.  STAR!!!  To see him, McCoy, Bowers and Clayborn...WOW!!! 

Just say NO to Bridgewater at 7...very small hands \\\\\\\"smell like cabbage.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#92 : March 29, 2013, 12:23:57 PM

haha right. hes all of a sudden going to not know how to play football and get hurt constantly? please. your trolling is awful

He means an All Pro in his fourth season!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#93 : March 29, 2013, 12:35:42 PM

haha right. hes all of a sudden going to not know how to play football and get hurt constantly? please. your trolling is awful

He means an All Pro in his fourth season!

This is so disrespectful of our tallest DB... unless he's sitting on the bench...

Hoist the Battleflag

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#94 : March 29, 2013, 02:21:49 PM

I'm tired of all this "reach" BS. If you KNOW a guy is going to be a star, you GET him. You don't wait 8 picks because it looks better to your peers. Someone else could grab the guy.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#95 : March 29, 2013, 05:08:37 PM

After what MC said a scout told him about Rhodes, I hope the Bucs avoid him altogether. The heart condition with Star is definitely not worth the risk of a first round pick. Tavon Austin or Lane Johnson would be my first two choices.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#96 : March 29, 2013, 05:13:57 PM

After what MC said a scout told him about Rhodes, I hope the Bucs avoid him altogether.

What was that? I must have missed it.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#97 : March 29, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

After what MC said a scout told him about Rhodes, I hope the Bucs avoid him altogether.

What was that? I must have missed it.

It was in the remarks under the article. Bottom line, he wasn't impressed with Rhodes.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#98 : March 29, 2013, 05:25:50 PM

It was in the remarks under the article. Bottom line, he wasn't impressed with Rhodes.

Which article?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#99 : March 29, 2013, 05:43:04 PM

Bjorn Werner
Jarvis Jones
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant

I would take any of these 4.

Drafting a NT in the first would be foolish, IMO
I cant believe people think that Rhodes and Trufant are not 1st round talent. Crazy. Both guys would have went in the same area as Gilmore and Kirkpatrick last season, maybe higher than both. Hell, Milliner may have even went before Claiborne. This is a good CB class and we need to take advantage of it.
: March 29, 2013, 06:58:45 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#100 : March 29, 2013, 06:05:06 PM

My first pick is Austin. I know I'm ignoring primary needs, but guys like this are rare.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#101 : March 29, 2013, 06:07:20 PM

I'm tired of all this "reach" BS. If you KNOW a guy is going to be a star, you GET him. You don't wait 8 picks because it looks better to your peers. Someone else could grab the guy.

If you think a guy will fall 8 more picks, you do what you can to trade back and grab extra picks along the way. It's not like Tampa will just stubbornly pass on the guy because it would be a rea...... Oh wait. This is the Tampa Scouting Dept and FO. Never mind.

\"He doesn\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#102 : March 29, 2013, 06:21:24 PM

If you think a guy will fall 8 more picks, you do what you can to trade back and grab extra picks along the way. It's not like Tampa will just stubbornly pass on the guy because it would be a rea...... Oh wait. This is the Tampa Scouting Dept and FO. Never mind.

Yeah, I can barely remember the last time they focused on a guy they wanted and traded back because he'd be available later. It must have happened so long ago, like last year's draft.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#103 : March 29, 2013, 06:36:36 PM

As far as Rhodes goes, I've seen several different scouts/evaluators that have questioned his instincts/football IQ.  That is the last thing I would want to question when it comes to picking a 1st round CB.  With that being said, I wouldn't be too upset with it if he were the pick just because it is such a huge need.  I'm going to break down my picks in tiers:

Players I'd be excited to see as Bucs:
Jarvis Jones- I think he would add a new dimension to our pass rush and not take snaps away from Bowers and Clayborn.  He's got proven production and on field leadership that this team could use.
Tavon Austin - Although I question how well Freeman could get him the ball, I think he's going to be the best offensive playmaker in the draft and love to see him in Red and Pewter
Any of the top 3 LT's - We'd likely need to trade up, but Penn isn't going to be around forever and adding talent along the line is always a good idea.
Dion Jordan - He's not your prototypical SAM, but he's got the athletic ability and experience in all phases of the defense to be an impact player.
Jamar Taylor - My favorite CB in this draft.  He's not the physical specimen that Rhodes is, but makes up for it with instincts.  I know many have him projected as a 2nd round pick, but I think he'll end up being a 1st and could be a target if we trade down.

Picks I could live with (Don't excite me, but I can understand the rationale and would support them):
Milliner, Rhodes, or Trufant - CB is such a huge need that any one of these guys could come in and contribute.  I love Trufant's swagger, but guys who shoot up draft boards based on Senior bowl, combine, and private workouts scare me. I know Milliner is the consensus #1 CB, but he just doesn't excite me and I don't know why.  I've already talked about Rhodes' questionable instincts.
Tyler Eifert - Another player who would fill a need, but there are other TE's in lower rounds that I like as much or more.
Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, or Sheldon Richardson - Adding a DT used to excite me, but the arguments being made that NT just isn't a position of great value in our scheme have swayed me.
Werner or Ansah - I love both as players, but would rather see this pick go to someone who would start immediately.  It's clear Dom's plan is to start Bowers and Clayborn so these guys would just be very good depth.

Picks I would hate:
Barkevious Mingo - Little production, very high bust potential.
Any 1st round QB or WR not named Tavon Austin - I just don't see any players at the skill positions that are worthy of being 1st round picks.
Alex Ogletree - Exceptional athlete, but lacks the big hit capability that I want from my LB's.  In addition, his off the field judgement making leaves a lot to be desired.
Manti Te'o - His Alabama game alone was enough to scare me off.
Chance Warmack or Jonathon Cooper - Although they'll both be good players, we just don't need a G unless we trade Davin.

So now that I've listed all of these players, the pick will probably be someone else entirely.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#104 : March 29, 2013, 07:32:52 PM

How exactly is my opinion considered trolling here? It's a good thing that pro scouts don't post here because the consensus on this kid is that he is not a first rounder.

Unless you are running a press cover scheme you aren't picking this kid in the first round.

He is a one trick pony.  Additionally,  while Milliner is the consensus top CB on everyone's mock drafts, Trufant will likely be the best CB in this draft. And you can get better corners later in the draft.

Rhodes would be a reach for the Buccaneers at no.13. And a terrible idea.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Who's Your First Round Pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools