Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Situational stats « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#45 : March 25, 2013, 01:55:28 PM

Unfortunately in the other eleven games he was 14:16, which is just horrific.  Obviously you can't take stats away but those five games really skewed his stat line for the positive.

And those 3 games where he threw a total of 10 picks really skewed his stat line for the negative. Take those out and hes looking a hell of a lot better. It works both ways. Just sayin

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 25, 2013, 03:03:43 PM

Unfortunately in the other eleven games he was 14:16, which is just horrific.  Obviously you can't take stats away but those five games really skewed his stat line for the positive.

And those 3 games where he threw a total of 10 picks really skewed his stat line for the negative. Take those out and hes looking a hell of a lot better. It works both ways. Just sayin

If you make the playoffs, what teams do you think you'll see?  The good ones or the bad ones?  The objective isn't to have a competitive team... it's to have a championship team.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 25, 2013, 03:20:30 PM

If you make the playoffs, what teams do you think you'll see?  The good ones or the bad ones?  The objective isn't to have a competitive team... it's to have a championship team.
Worth noting Freeman's two 4-INT games came against non-playoff teams, one of which had a horrible defense, so it's more likely he just had a bad day and not crumbled under the pressure of facing an elite team. Against playoff teams, Freeman went 7/3.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#48 : March 25, 2013, 03:22:35 PM

I understand that, and Im in no way making excuses for Free, he needs to step his game up alot, but if someones gonna try and make the point that he played wicked in 5 games and those skew his stat line to make him look better than advertised, then the same should be done/said about his terrible games that skew is stat line in the other direction. Fact of the matter is Frees consistency is maddening to say the least and he needs to get that under control or he wont be a Buc past this season imo.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#49 : March 25, 2013, 03:37:29 PM

No clue what you did in january, but i did not see NO or STL in the POs. Isnt the general consensus that all those elite QB do not need nor do they even have a good defense? Apparently Freeman does not need to fear those 'POs teams', although their defenses are all higher ranked than ours...coincidence?

gone

Hall of Famer
#50 : March 25, 2013, 05:55:47 PM

I understand that, and Im in no way making excuses for Free, he needs to step his game up alot, but if someones gonna try and make the point that he played wicked in 5 games and those skew his stat line to make him look better than advertised, then the same should be done/said about his terrible games that skew is stat line in the other direction. Fact of the matter is Frees consistency is maddening to say the least and he needs to get that under control or he wont be a Buc past this season imo.

The reason those five games were selected was because of the ranking of the defenses he put those numbers up against.  He only put up impressive stat lines against the worst pass defenses in the league.  Only one of those teams was even in the top 20.  The point in mentioning they skewed his stats was because they correspond to another trait of Josh's -- his poor play against better teams being balanced, at least statistically, by better stat lines against crappy teams.  Those two 4 INT games are just typical Josh -- sometimes he just plays like crap, no matter who the competition.  But his "good" games rarely come against good teams, they come against weak ones.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 25, 2013, 06:01:39 PM

But his "good" games rarely come against good teams, they come against weak ones.

Against playoff teams, Freeman went 7/3.

?

which is it?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 26, 2013, 08:48:35 AM

No clue what you did in january, but i did not see NO or STL in the POs. Isnt the general consensus that all those elite QB do not need nor do they even have a good defense? Apparently Freeman does not need to fear those 'POs teams', although their defenses are all higher ranked than ours...coincidence?

Bradford is an elite QB?  Yeah, you're right about New Orleans.  The whole no coach thing is all Brees' fault.  My bad.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#53 : March 26, 2013, 10:16:31 AM

Bradford is an elite QB?  Yeah, you're right about New Orleans.  The whole no coach thing is all Brees' fault.  My bad.

You were talking about teams in the POs. Again, Braford and Brees were not in the POs last year.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#54 : March 26, 2013, 10:38:05 AM

You were talking about teams in the POs. Again, Braford and Brees were not in the POs last year.

And again... Bradford isn't elite, so I don't know what St. Louis or Bradford not making the playoffs has anything to do with.  Also, with the crap surrounding the Saints last year, I'm impressed they were even 7-9.  How many teams do you think would make the playoffs if their head coach was suspended?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#55 : March 26, 2013, 10:41:46 AM

And again... Bradford isn't elite, so I don't know what St. Louis or Bradford not making the playoffs has anything to do with.  Also, with the crap surrounding the Saints last year, I'm impressed they were even 7-9.  How many teams do you think would make the playoffs if their head coach was suspended?
The original post that got this chain going was the statement that Freeman's 10 INT's in 3 games were indicative of what happens when he plays good teams when in fact those games were not against legitimately good teams. You said it yourself, "If you make the playoffs, what teams do you think you'll see?  The good ones or the bad ones?" As I posted earlier, against playoff teams in 2012 Freeman threw 7 TD's to 3 INT's.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 26, 2013, 11:00:59 AM

The original post that got this chain going was the statement that Freeman's 10 INT's in 3 games were indicative of what happens when he plays good teams when in fact those games were not against legitimately good teams. You said it yourself, "If you make the playoffs, what teams do you think you'll see?  The good ones or the bad ones?" As I posted earlier, against playoff teams in 2012 Freeman threw 7 TD's to 3 INT's.

Which isn't all that great of a ration when you see that he only completed 55% of his passes.  That's boom or bust numbers.  That doesn't play well in the post-season.  You'd need a lot of help.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 26, 2013, 11:09:52 AM

Which isn't all that great of a ration when you see that he only completed 55% of his passes.  That's boom or bust numbers.  That doesn't play well in the post-season.  You'd need a lot of help.
That's fine if you still want Freeman to play better, but the point was using his three game stretch of stinkbombs against non-playoff teams as evidence he can't get it done against playoff teams is completely illogical and disingenuous. At the very least, Freeman played respectable against playoff teams in 2012. His truly bad games in 2012 were not due to playing opponents that were too good for him.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#58 : March 26, 2013, 11:19:04 AM

What was Flaccos compl% during his 11-1 run in last years POs? Does getting help tarnish the ravens SB win? Did Flacco apologize for the help by the broncos DB yet?
Again, to answer your question, if Freeman would have made it to last years POs, he would not have faced Brees or Bradford. Considering those two games as fluke games does not make less sense than taking away his 5 best games.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#59 : March 26, 2013, 11:34:38 AM

That's fine if you still want Freeman to play better, but the point was using his three game stretch of stinkbombs against non-playoff teams as evidence he can't get it done against playoff teams is completely illogical and disingenuous. At the very least, Freeman played respectable against playoff teams in 2012. His truly bad games in 2012 were not due to playing opponents that were too good for him.

Who's "...using his three game stretch of stinkbombs against non-playoff teams as evidence he can't get it done against playoff teams"?  I never brought that up.  All I said was that in the playoffs you're only going to play against good teams.  Having serviceable games against playoff teams which is exactly what he did by completing 55% of his passes with a 7/3 TD/Int ratio, isn't anything to boast about.  I may have quoted a post that may have confused my point, but really, that's all I was saying.

Freeman is a mediocre to below average QB.  He's good enough to win some games in this league, he's also bad enough where he's easily replaceable.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Situational stats « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools