Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 guys you think will be stars and five you think will be busts - 2013 edition « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 20, 2013, 11:33:27 PM

(not so obvious)Stars:

Cornellius Carradine
Stedman Bailey
Alec Ogletree
Arthur Brown
Johnthan Banks

Busts:

Kenny Vaccaro
Johnathan Hankins
Margus Hunt
Cordarrelle Patterson
Sam Montgomery

The Cowgirls seem to be in love with Vaccaro.  I don't see the big deal with him.  Thankfully, the Bucs are not in the market for a safety now.

Yup. ESPN commentators here in Austin are constantly going over scenarios in which Vaccaro could fall to them. I hope he does. Just another wasted 1st rounder by them. A guy with Vaccaro's talent could be had in the 2nd or 3rd in Tony Jefferson/etc. I said before...an unsung good thing about the signing of Goldson is that we won't be wasting another pick on a safety in the 1st round. It's truly hilarious that Dallas only has cap space in the 5 digits. They tagged a 3-4 backer to be their DE in Anthony Spencer and will pay him double what they could have paid for a natural Tampa 2 DE in Dwight Freeney. JJ is so shortsighted as he continues to run that franchise into the ground.

And....If I remember correctly, don't they need to resign Romo?

They are in the same conundrum we are in....they don't really know if they want to...or not.

I think Jerry is trying to create cap room by re-doing Romo's deal.

I've heard both. He may just pay him the $17mil for sort of a "prove it" year....or he may just extend him and save a few mil..even though he may not be sold on him as the long term answer.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 20, 2013, 11:59:36 PM

Stars

Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Jarvis Jones
Star
Damontre Moore

Busts

Dee Milliner
Dion Jordan
Mingo
Sheldon Richardson
Jonathan Banks

cwintermans

Second String

#17 : March 21, 2013, 12:32:37 AM

Stars:

C. Warmack
D. Truffant
T.Eifert
R. Sw0pe
M. Ball

Busts:

M. Lattimore
M. Te'o
C. Patterson
A. Ogletree
E. Ansah

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 21, 2013, 12:46:03 AM

I hate to make lists like these. I remember thinking that Jason Pierre-Paul would be a bust, same with Aldon Smith. I thought that Trent Richardon would be a great player. I thought that Cam Newton would for sure be a huge bust.

Psych

Starter

#19 : March 21, 2013, 03:22:10 AM

Stars - Trufant, Escobar, Reid, Bostic, Bailey
Busts - Banks, Ertz, Ansah, Teo, Hunter

spurzo

Second String

#20 : March 21, 2013, 05:45:43 AM

Stars - Alec Ogletree, DJ Swearinger, Jarvis Jones, Justin Hunter, Matt Elam... extra Quanterus Smith
Busts - Barkevious Mingo, DJ Fluker, Matt Barkley, Bennie Logan, David Amerson, Jordan Reed

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 21, 2013, 08:46:28 AM

Stars:

Cornelius Carridine
Gavin Escobar
Stedman Bailey
DeAndre Hopkins
Dennis Johnson

Busts:

Geno Smith
DJ Fluker
Damontre Moore
Ryan Nassib
John Jenkins
Star Lotulelei
Matt Barkley

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 21, 2013, 08:48:15 AM

ive got more than 5 on my lists but whatever

Stars
DJ Swearinger
Matt Elam
Bjoern Werner
Deandre Hopkins
Giovanni Bernard
Eric Fisher

Busts
Barkevious Mingo - overdrafted on potential
Ezekial Ansah - will be a massive overdraft and wont live up to potential
Jarvis Jones - medical bust
DJ Fluker - will be a bust at OT with his slow feet. would be a star if moved inside to guard. positional bust
Damontre Moore - will not live up to hype
Kenny Vaccaro - dont see him living up to the hype. should be a 2nd rounder
Eddie Lacy - i see him being overdrafted and not nearly as good of a player in the NFL as he was in college

El Diablo

Starter

#23 : March 21, 2013, 08:54:13 AM

stars:

Werner
Ertz
Tavron Austin
Trufant
Dion Jordan

Busts

Geno Smith
Ryan Nassib
Manti T'eo (is that really a bust?)
Star
Ansah

I agree with everyone here except for star just replace him with mingo

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 21, 2013, 08:55:55 AM

Stars
LB Aurthur Brown
DE Mike Catapano
QB Tyler Bray
CB Will Davis
TE Jake Stoneburner

Bust
TE Tyler Eifert
DE Damontre Moore
LB Manti Te'o
QB Geno Smith
S Kenny Varraco

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 21, 2013, 09:15:33 AM

Stars
LB Aurthur Brown
DE Mike Catapano
QB Tyler Bray
CB Will Davis
TE Jake Stoneburner

Bust
TE Tyler Eifert
DE Damontre Moore
LB Manti Te'o
QB Geno Smith
S Kenny Varraco

wow i never thought id see bray on the star list. hes going to have to grow up if he wants to have a chance. you are certainly going out on a limb with that one

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 21, 2013, 11:13:40 AM

Stars
LB Aurthur Brown
DE Mike Catapano
QB Tyler Bray
CB Will Davis
TE Jake Stoneburner

Bust
TE Tyler Eifert
DE Damontre Moore
LB Manti Te'o
QB Geno Smith
S Kenny Varraco

Mike Catapano! Nice.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 21, 2013, 11:35:26 AM

Thanks Jdub. You might want to check the insider forum for more on Catapano.....

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 21, 2013, 11:53:23 AM

Very interesting thread. Yucs, gutsy move on Bray (and Eifert in the bust category).

Stars:

1. Ansah - I'm usually very skeptical of low-production guys, but he's different. Might not hit the ground running, but in a year or two, watch out.
2. Shariff Floyd
3. Gavin Escobar - think he'll end up being the best of a very good group of TEs.
4. Tavon Austin
5. Jarvis Jones

Honorable mention - don't think these guys are "stars" necessarily, but are going to do much better than most people currently think: Dion Sims (I think a lot of his athleticism was hidden by the MSU "offense"); Damontre Moore (over-hyped early, now I think he's being underrated - give him the right team, let him grow up physically, and I think he'll be very good); Jonthan Banks. I apparently like Mingo better than most people on this board, too.

Busts

1. Eddie Lacy - I just don't see special. Nice back for 1975.
2. Eric Reid
3. Corradelle Patterson - great runner with the ball in his hands, but I think he's going to struggle with the route running in the pros.
4. Sam Montgomery
5. Just about every QB going in rounds 1-4.

Honorable mention: These aren't busts exactly, but guys I don't see as being nearly as good as they are being touted (Bjoern Werner - I think he's a good player, but I don't get some of these top 10 things I see); Dee Milliner - I like him a lot actually, but don't see why there is such a large gap between him and the rest of the CB group.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 21, 2013, 12:06:04 PM

Based on what I've seen on TV, read and the way I view it. Would rather be different and wrong then the same and right. Its about conviction. And, I personally believe in my five stars and my five bust. Also most are just throwing out first rounders or players who've been discussed as potential first at one point or another as stars.

Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 guys you think will be stars and five you think will be busts - 2013 edition « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools