Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GLAZER TELLS MEDIA, LET'S PLAY BETTER DEFENSE AND TAKE PRESURE OFF FREEMAN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 20, 2013, 07:39:05 PM

I don't really see how anyone can question the offense, on the team who has the worst passing defense in NFL history.

And then, to NOT upgrade that same defense? Someone has seriously been eating the brownies.

Truth is though, they only need an average defense to be playoff possible. But screw that. Get ballers while you can I say.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#16 : March 20, 2013, 07:41:34 PM

Translation, Josh isn't a franchise QB who can carry a team.
his inability to carry his team to wins singlehandedly is well documented

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 20, 2013, 08:05:14 PM

Bring in better Defensive players and that will happen. Under the current roster the Bucs are looking at another 8-8 season at best.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 20, 2013, 08:11:31 PM

Bring in better Defensive players and that will happen. Under the current roster the Bucs are looking at another 8-8 season at best.

Josh must play better over the course of a whole season not just lightning hot for five games.  That's just as big a problem as the defense.  This is his year or he's gone.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 20, 2013, 08:31:57 PM

This is his year or he's gone.

Wouldn't be the first time the franchise mistakenly discarded a QB... or the second... or the third...or the fourth...

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 20, 2013, 08:33:29 PM

So, does this mean Drew Brees  isn't a franchise QB?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 20, 2013, 08:36:21 PM

When your QB throws 17 TDs and 3 INTs in an 8 game stretch and you only go 4-4....

there's a problem and it aint the QB.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 20, 2013, 08:37:21 PM

Josh must play better over the course of a whole season not just lightning hot for five games.  That's just as big a problem as the defense.  This is his year or he's gone.

Josh didn't cost us the Giants, Eagles, Redskins and Falcons game. Josh does need to be more consistent but the Defense was horrible last year.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 20, 2013, 08:38:19 PM

When your QB throws 17 TDs and 3 INTs in an 8 game stretch and you only go 4-4....

Very good point.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 20, 2013, 08:47:24 PM

Quote from: XFactor link=scrtopic=1304163.msg1891745#msg1891745 date=1363819025
Yea if we can just find a QB that can put up 40 points a game no need to worry about defense.

Though that clearly isnt the ideal situation to have to be in, those points were there to be had in many games if Josh didnt screw it up.

We've had 32nd and 29th rated defense the last two years. Just thought I would point that out.

And I'll point out that Freeman has thrown 39 interceptions and fumbled 13 times the last two years. We obviously haven't had the greatest talent in our secondary but when your QB is turning the ball over at that rate it's going to put a lot of pressure on any D, regardless of skill level. On top of the unacceptable number of turnovers by Freeman, his inaccuracy alone has ended countless drives. This too puts pressure on the D when they're exhausted and have to trot back out there because of yet another three and out.

It's really too bad our defense can't get a three and out.....or a six and out.... or even a nine and out ........ or stop anybody anytime. Most points in franchise history.....and still not enough.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 20, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

This is his year or he's gone.

Wouldn't be the first time the franchise mistakenly discarded a QB... or the second... or the third...or the fourth...

Huh?  You should be in the front office making decisions.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 20, 2013, 08:52:14 PM

Please break down the rest of the season too please.  Thanks.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 20, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

If you asked me who I'd rather have on my team, the whole DB core, or just freeman, ....I'd take freeman every single time.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 20, 2013, 09:02:22 PM

Please break down the rest of the season too please.  Thanks.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 20, 2013, 09:05:46 PM

I'm not saying the defense didn't suck nor am I saying to get rid of freeman. BUT five years is enough for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GLAZER TELLS MEDIA, LET'S PLAY BETTER DEFENSE AND TAKE PRESURE OFF FREEMAN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools