Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons looking at Osi Umenyiora « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 21, 2013, 12:04:34 AM

Falcons looking at Osi Umenyiora

March, 20, 2013

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

The Atlanta Falcons may replace one aging pass-rusher with another.

Former New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora, 31, reportedly visited with the team on Wednesday. Umenyiora, who has an offseason home in Atlanta, hadnt been drawing big interest on the free-agent market.

But he would be a logical fit in Atlanta. The Falcons recently released John Abraham and are in the market for another pass-rusher. They could be able to add Umenyiora at a bargain price. But its not clear if any offer was made and coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff were not part of the visit because they were at the NFL owners meeting in Arizona.

Umenyiora was limited to six sacks last season, but he had 20.5 combined sacks in 2011 and 2012.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 21, 2013, 08:53:51 AM

Tampa would have to be 50 mil under the cap before they even look at him.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#2 : March 21, 2013, 09:01:48 AM

I didn't think ATL has $$$ for him?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 21, 2013, 09:11:16 AM

Atlanta's defense is going to be baaaaaaad.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 21, 2013, 09:13:22 AM

And still the Bucs sit on their hands. I don't get the plan. You need pass rushers but you don't bring in any.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 21, 2013, 09:31:18 AM

And still the Bucs sit on their hands. I don't get the plan. You need pass rushers but you don't bring in any.

Screw the bucs, and the glazers who are enjoying their revenue sharing.

There is no plan. IF there is one, the "plan" is to get as many of us poor saps to the game and keep the team for the revenue, with very little expendatures as possible.

I'm a 100% sure that IF the glazers wanted to improve, they would've gotten osi, freeney, dumervil, Abraham, etc. Schiano and dom would love any of these players, yet they sit idle? No, that's the glazers shutting them up. ...Here, have a safety!

They did sign vj and nicks, but let's be honest... How would they have explained away 50mil under the cap and not grabbed at least one or two FA's? They have to reach a certain amount, and they couldn't explain it away... so they finally choose to spend, reluctantly. Now we're back in that old boat again (which I did question after the two major signings last season).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 21, 2013, 11:20:45 AM

Screw the bucs, and the glazers who are enjoying their revenue sharing.

There is no plan. IF there is one, the "plan" is to get as many of us poor saps to the game and keep the team for the revenue, with very little expendatures as possible.

I'm a 100% sure that IF the glazers wanted to improve, they would've gotten osi, freeney, dumervil, Abraham, etc. Schiano and dom would love any of these players, yet they sit idle? No, that's the glazers shutting them up. ...Here, have a safety!

They did sign vj and nicks, but let's be honest... How would they have explained away 50mil under the cap and not grabbed at least one or two FA's? They have to reach a certain amount, and they couldn't explain it away... so they finally choose to spend, reluctantly. Now we're back in that old boat again (which I did question after the two major signings last season).

As hard as I try, I can't argue against that.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 22, 2013, 01:35:55 AM

Oh jesus...really? Right, lets see that there is no plan MONTHS BEFORE GAME DAY.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 22, 2013, 01:38:15 AM

We aren't looking at osi because he and Sheridan hate each other's guts btw.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#9 : March 22, 2013, 02:40:15 AM

Oh jesus...really? Right, lets see that there is no plan MONTHS BEFORE GAME DAY.

Beatles. In all seriousness. Spell out for me exactly what it would take, at a minimum, for you to call for Dominik's firing.

Don't dodge the question. Lay it out for me.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 22, 2013, 03:17:44 AM

What it would take, is actually SEEING another losing season a la 2011. Not just crapping your pants in fear because you  don't know what he's doing.

Fair enough?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 22, 2013, 12:09:15 PM

I wanted Osi. But that's because I'm not under the illusion that we have a plan at corner AND that Bowers and Clayborn will be able to carry the load at end.

If this team wants to contend they need to address these 2 positions. I think it's a reach saying you can get 2 impact players as rookies.

This guy...

shawn731

Starter

#12 : March 22, 2013, 12:19:27 PM

I say also bring in Osi, but i think Osi wants a nice contract.  He is looking to get starting salary and at this point the Bucs want to see what Bowers can do.  I say sign him to a decent salary with performance laden bonuses. Have competition at LE and the best man wins.  I dislike it when a player has the job won and walks into the starting role (remember that LE from USC that had the job couple years back Moore? and couldn't do squat).

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 22, 2013, 12:24:52 PM

Give it to him shlt. It's not like we don't have cap room out the ass and thats even before wwe get Eric Wrights 7 mil off the books.

This guy...

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 22, 2013, 12:31:05 PM

I'm not sold on Bowers AND Clayborn staying healthy the entire season. I think they are foolish for not resigning Bennett. With that said, this team has FOUR positions on defense without a starter that they need to address before signing a DE.
Who is our SAM?
Who is our DT?
Who is our #1 and #2 corner?
How do we have this many holes on the roster still??
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons looking at Osi Umenyiora « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools