Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons looking at Osi Umenyiora « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cover-too

Starter

#15 : March 22, 2013, 12:39:38 PM

I'm not sold on Bowers AND Clayborn staying healthy the entire season. I think they are foolish for not resigning Bennett. With that said, this team has FOUR positions on defense without a starter that they need to address before signing a DE.
Who is our SAM?
Who is our DT?
Who is our #1 and #2 corner?
How do we have this many holes on the roster still??

Don't question the plan!! LOL

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 22, 2013, 12:41:14 PM

I'm not sold on Bowers AND Clayborn staying healthy the entire season. I think they are foolish for not resigning Bennett. With that said, this team has FOUR positions on defense without a starter that they need to address before signing a DE.
Who is our SAM?
Who is our DT?
Who is our #1 and #2 corner?
How do we have this many holes on the roster still??

Don't question the plan!! LOL

Ahhh, the plan.
If we fill these 4 holes through the draft then our defense this season is going to make last season's desense look like the 85 Bears

traew01

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 22, 2013, 02:14:11 PM

What it would take, is actually SEEING another losing season a la 2011. Not just crapping your pants in fear because you  don't know what he's doing.

Fair enough?

Yes, fair enough. I just wanted to know where you set the bar. And it is pretty darn low.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 22, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

What it would take, is actually SEEING another losing season a la 2011. Not just crapping your pants in fear because you  don't know what he's doing.

Fair enough?

Yes, fair enough. I just wanted to know where you set the bar. And it is pretty darn low.

We don't know what schiano and dom are up to, and we don't obviously know what they are thinking.

However, passing up on needed positions, that just so happen to bring star power as well, is yet another common theme for the bucs that needs to be rectified.

There were/are guys like Abraham, dumervil, freeney, scrabble, welker, ginn, Cro, grimes, Reggie bush, Osi, and Bennett himself out there and they did nothing of worth besides signing goldson (although, he is a great pickup IMO).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 22, 2013, 10:02:03 PM

As far as Osi goes, I would be cautious. Pass rushers, more than any other position, seem to fall off the cliff right about 30.   The lose it quickly.  I saw a stat the other day, of Pass Rushers over the age of 30, who got double digit sacks in a season.  It wasn't a very long list.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 22, 2013, 10:13:41 PM

Fair enough?

so you baited me into a response so you could poke fun at it? I'd say your character is the only low thing.
: March 22, 2013, 10:15:59 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 23, 2013, 03:49:42 AM

Fair enough?

so you baited me into a response so you could poke fun at it? I'd say your character is the only low thing.

I didn't bait you into a response. I asked a serious question and you attacked me with your initial answer - accusing me and others who justifiably criticize the GM of this team of "crapping our pants" - so don't accuse me of low character.

You and many others here have supported Dominik year after year - jumping down the throat of anyone who criticizes him. So at some point - after an endless display of mediocrity in management - one has to wonder where your breaking point is. At what point you will say enough is enough.

And so you say another season like 2011. Which was arguably one of the worst seasons in franchise history. A very low bar indeed.

So where is the "poking fun"? I asked a question and you gave me your answer. You have incredibly low standards. Fair enough.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 23, 2013, 05:19:34 AM

And what of your standard? You're probably in the crowd that thinks playoffs or GTFO, right? Do you realize how broad of a statement that is? Do you have any idea how the season will unfold? The storylines that develope? For all we know we could be kicked out of the playoffs due to a real accident, or we could enter them purely by luck and suck the first game. How about, you wait the season out, see exactly what happens, and HOW it happens, factor in what we do in response to that, and THEN decide? Don't you think that would be a lot more sensible than saying "I EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN THIS WAY, BECAUSE I SAY THAT'S WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN AND I AM RIGHT!" Your bar, sir, is fickle. You want an effort to improve, yet when dom goes out and goes after the best FA class we've had in years, then puts together the best draft we've had in years, and THEN not only brings us the best safety in FA arguably, but THEN--THEN looks at getting us the best CB in years to address our weakest area of need, you STILL aren't satisfied. You seem to think the dude can do nothing right, when since Schiano's been here he's worked his ass off to get better, and has. Do you know there's a way to be the exact polar opposite of a homer? Someone who can't enjoy ANYTHING we do? There are a lot here, and I realize this is because we've been shat on many, many times, but god damn, i'd be surprised if you can even tell what enjoying the team IS anymore. YOU'RE the one letting yourself suffer. Why don't you, instead of telling me my bar is low, learn what it's like to relax and enjoy the good with the bad? Pull the tampon out of yourself and realize something: You are not making your time on these forums anymore enjoyable for yourself posting the way you do. Unless you somehow thing that you complaining means you are more enlightened than the rest of us. If wins and losses define you as you as a fan, that's cool. I'll still be proud to watch my team regardless of when we struggle, because what I see is a franchise that, contrary to what people think, gives a damn right now and no season is perfect,

Sorry for the wall-o-text, and I know I took a few jabs at you, but in all seriousness, you do this EVERY YEAR. Does it make you feel good to **CENSORED** on peoples; enthusiasm? Don't you think we NEED to look at things in a positive light first?

traew01

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 23, 2013, 10:59:59 AM

And what of your standard? You're probably in the crowd that thinks playoffs or GTFO, right? Do you realize how broad of a statement that is? Do you have any idea how the season will unfold? The storylines that develope? For all we know we could be kicked out of the playoffs due to a real accident, or we could enter them purely by luck and suck the first game. How about, you wait the season out, see exactly what happens, and HOW it happens, factor in what we do in response to that, and THEN decide? Don't you think that would be a lot more sensible than saying "I EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN THIS WAY, BECAUSE I SAY THAT'S WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN AND I AM RIGHT!" Your bar, sir, is fickle. You want an effort to improve, yet when dom goes out and goes after the best FA class we've had in years, then puts together the best draft we've had in years, and THEN not only brings us the best safety in FA arguably, but THEN--THEN looks at getting us the best CB in years to address our weakest area of need, you STILL aren't satisfied. You seem to think the dude can do nothing right, when since Schiano's been here he's worked his ass off to get better, and has. Do you know there's a way to be the exact polar opposite of a homer? Someone who can't enjoy ANYTHING we do? There are a lot here, and I realize this is because we've been shat on many, many times, but god damn, i'd be surprised if you can even tell what enjoying the team IS anymore. YOU'RE the one letting yourself suffer. Why don't you, instead of telling me my bar is low, learn what it's like to relax and enjoy the good with the bad? Pull the tampon out of yourself and realize something: You are not making your time on these forums anymore enjoyable for yourself posting the way you do. Unless you somehow thing that you complaining means you are more enlightened than the rest of us. If wins and losses define you as you as a fan, that's cool. I'll still be proud to watch my team regardless of when we struggle, because what I see is a franchise that, contrary to what people think, gives a damn right now and no season is perfect,

Sorry for the wall-o-text, and I know I took a few jabs at you, but in all seriousness, you do this EVERY YEAR. Does it make you feel good to **CENSORED** on peoples; enthusiasm? Don't you think we NEED to look at things in a positive light first?

Well put. But I'll tell you what, when you and others allow me to express my dissatisfaction with the current management of this team - on a Bucs message board - without resorting to calling me names and "**CENSORED**ting" on my opinion - I will show you the same respect.  This isn't the Buccaneers fan club site. It's a news web site, and this is a board where fans go to express opinions. You dont like my opinions - and as a result you certainly don't show me the same respect that you are asking in return. You might enjoy the splash signings and 10 percent draft success - but I only care about winning. That's the difference.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 23, 2013, 11:09:35 AM

Beetles is a ridiculous homer who defends without much concern for reality. He is like a poodle. Just yapping away if you get to close to his master.

I pay him no mind. I can only stomach so much nonsense and fem-talk. Young man is completely in love with everything the FO does.

I love the Chip Kelly melt down and the explanation was over the top. That is Beetles in a nutshell. Pure groin lust for the Dom. Sheep.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 23, 2013, 12:29:08 PM

I think Bowers is going to make a lot of you look like fools this season. The guy has the power, explosiveness and speed to be a huge impact player for us. Im sure that if the Bucs were not confident that he will overcome his current legal issues, they would have another guy ready. Just because we are not in the business of signing aging pass rushers in favor of playing our highly drafted, higher ceiling DEs is logic, not reason for concern.

Sorry I don't have the torch and pitchfork at the ready. If it blows up in the team's face this year, then that will be a different story. Until then, Im going to remember that the team can't play fantasy football each offseason and we've got our own players to sign over the next season or two as well.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

traew01

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 23, 2013, 04:07:20 PM

Until then, Im going to remember that the team can't play fantasy football each offseason and we've got our own players to sign over the next season or two as well.

Yeah, like Bennett, and Miller, and Biggers, and Benn, and.......oh wait a minute.....that argument only works when they actually resign guys 

I have searched and searched to try to uncover what Mark Dominik and the Bucs' strategy is...and the only plausible explanation beyond sheer incompetence is that they are going to sign one or two big names each season to very large contracts so that they can deflect any criticism towards not making an effort to build this team. They are going to do just enough to allow them to keep as many fans hoodwinked as possible - while keeping millions of cap money in their pockets.

Then when they start losing again, and have blackouts, they can point to the big money they spent on one or two guys...along with the mandatory cash they spend on drafted players...and blame the fans for not supporting the team.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 23, 2013, 04:19:48 PM

Beetles is a ridiculous homer who defends without much concern for reality. He is like a poodle. Just yapping away if you get to close to his master.

I pay him no mind. I can only stomach so much nonsense and fem-talk. Young man is completely in love with everything the FO does.

I love the Chip Kelly melt down and the explanation was over the top. That is Beetles in a nutshell. Pure groin lust for the Dom. Sheep.
SMH. Damn, this is what i'm talking  about. you all that say that about me, have no clue about me at all. Boid, you're no better than I am on the opposite end of the coin.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 23, 2013, 04:25:44 PM

Well put. But I'll tell you what, when you and others allow me to express my dissatisfaction with the current management of this team - on a Bucs message board - without resorting to calling me names and "**CENSORED**ting" on my opinion - I will show you the same respect.  This isn't the Buccaneers fan club site. It's a news web site, and this is a board where fans go to express opinions. You dont like my opinions - and as a result you certainly don't show me the same respect that you are asking in return. You might enjoy the splash signings and 10 percent draft success - but I only care about winning. That's the difference.
You can have your opinion Traew, but you're the one coming on here, calling us sheep year after year claiming to be more enlightened than us all. Then you flip flop on ud for two weeks and go right back to raging. At least when I take a positive stance i roll with it. I don't think I've ever heard you have anything good to say about us at all.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons looking at Osi Umenyiora « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools