Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano wants to be closer to his team « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 21, 2013, 06:16:07 PM

very Dungy-like

Agree

I could not disagree more. Dungy also instilled discipline, but the difference is
that Dungy treated his players with respect. Schiano is a first class ass hole and
I fail to draw any similar comparison between the two. In fact it is surely insulting
to Dungy to do so.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 21, 2013, 07:56:56 PM

Dungy was more walk softy/carry big stick. Schiano ismore, walk softly/or I beat you with the stick.

Ask blount what he thinks of Schiano's doghouse. Or miller or Bennett for that matter.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 22, 2013, 11:44:21 AM

very Dungy-like

Agree

I could not disagree more. Dungy also instilled discipline, but the difference is
that Dungy treated his players with respect. Schiano is a first class ass hole and
I fail to draw any similar comparison between the two. In fact it is surely insulting
to Dungy to do so.

You almost got it. Schiano is first class. and you are the azzhole.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 22, 2013, 11:56:34 AM

very Dungy-like

Agree

to Dungy to do so.

You almost got it. Schiano is first class. and you are the azzhole.

Hes just never liked the hire from the start. Stubborn about it like Schiano is with the cold AC. Just wont ever change his mind.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 22, 2013, 11:59:08 AM

very Dungy-like

Agree

to Dungy to do so.

So, you're saying that Schiano treats his players with disrepect?  Hardly the case IMO.

I'm not following here...

A successful leader sets the tone to remove doubt on expectations, instills discipline and holds people accountable and praises them when they do well.

I've seen Schiano do all of this in clips during games.

Dungy was only different as he wasn't the guy who weilded the discipline (yelling, calling them out, etc)  his coaches did it for him.   Schiano is different is that on occasion he WILL get involved at that level - that's what I believe you've misconstrued.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 22, 2013, 12:05:13 PM

I'm lukewarm on the Schiano cat. We'll see big talker

This guy...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 22, 2013, 02:06:55 PM

I believe schiano, although different almost completely, shares one common theme of the bucs previous coach.

That, being headcoach (in the NFL) experiance. Don't get me wrong though, he knows more about football than raheem, and has coached before at this level, but he also had to break his cherry as a NFL HC last season.

Let's see if he has adjusted well before making too many assumptions. He seems like a hard-nosed leader and a consumate proffessional. All traits that both gruden and dungy had. Just having those characteristics alone should make Tampa a better football team. Now we get to see if it all comes together under the tough leadership of schiano, or fails like dictatorships usually do.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 22, 2013, 03:47:25 PM

to Dungy to do so.

are you suggesting that schiano doesnt treat his players with respect?  anything to back that up?  i would agree he can come off as a jerk, ive read that many times.  but ive never seen anything about him disrespecting players.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 22, 2013, 03:50:27 PM

Ask blount what he thinks of Schiano's doghouse. Or miller or Bennett for that matter.

i think those are definitely different situations.  miller and bennett were never in the doghouse that i know of, they just werent valued as necessary to the team in the longrun.  the doghouse and blount argument certainly can be made, but we can only guess why.  im not guessing its because schiano is a jerk...id guess its because blount didnt do what was asked of him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 22, 2013, 04:09:40 PM

I believe schiano, although different almost completely, shares one common theme of the bucs previous coach.

That, being headcoach (in the NFL) experiance. Don't get me wrong though, he knows more about football than raheem, and has coached before at this level, but he also had to break his cherry as a NFL HC last season.

Let's see if he has adjusted well before making too many assumptions. He seems like a hard-nosed leader and a consumate proffessional. All traits that both gruden and dungy had. Just having those characteristics alone should make Tampa a better football team. Now we get to see if it all comes together under the tough leadership of schiano, or fails like dictatorships usually do.

A couple of differences that I see, Schiano has never been fired as a HC. He could have stayed with Rutgers until he was ready for Social Security. Also he can be taken at his word. He is respected by players and coaches alike. Belichick noted that his players at Rutgers came out NFL ready. The man is a teacher and gives an honest assessment of a player's abilities. The Bucs have never had a HC like Walsh, Shula, or Landry. It's time. I believe he will be here longer than he was with Rutgers. He's mature and well balanced. The Bucs will reflect that in the coming years. He revived Rutgers. He'll do the same for the Bucs.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 22, 2013, 06:50:59 PM

V Jax can shower with moi....I'll even get his favorite soap!   

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 22, 2013, 07:15:50 PM

very Dungy-like

Agree

to Dungy to do so.

So, you're saying that Schiano treats his players with disrepect?  Hardly the case IMO.

I'm not following here...

A successful leader sets the tone to remove doubt on expectations, instills discipline and holds people accountable and praises them when they do well.

I've seen Schiano do all of this in clips during games.

Dungy was only different as he wasn't the guy who weilded the discipline (yelling, calling them out, etc)  his coaches did it for him.   Schiano is different is that on occasion he WILL get involved at that level - that's what I believe you've misconstrued.

Whoah there! I didn't intend to get all of the homers panties in a wad. ha ha.

Coach Schiano is nothing like Dungy. Successful? Really? How is he successful? I've got a laundry list of indicators that he will not be successful. Including his pathetic career at Rutgers and his inability to relate to today's players.

As far as respect goes....if you can't see how he is disrespectful I would be wasting my time trying to explain it to you.
There is obviously a large contingent of fans on this board who haven't  clue about respect. Isnt that right 1Sparkybuc?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 22, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

How about you just humor us with some examples?   

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 22, 2013, 08:08:49 PM

www.thefreedictionary.com/respect

This could be a great homework assignment for the rabid disrespectful homers on this board.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 22, 2013, 08:19:17 PM

Ok....

I apparently will never get that 2 mins back

/carry on

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano wants to be closer to his team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools