I'm beginning to think something may happen during the draft as well.
Good post Bucko40... I'd only add one word to part of your 3rd sentence.
"...So due to the( perceived) inactivity of the Bucs FO to bring in competition the Bucs..."
true that. Just because we don't see doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. For all we know the Bucs and Jets could have a deal in place for Draft weekend and just don't want to expose their respective strategies. We will just have to wait and see if a plan actually does exist.
That's what I believe anyway. It helps both teams greatly by waiting until draft.
1. If the jets get 13, then they aren't going to want to let everyone else know that. The reason being, the positional needs being addressed for the two teams aren't the same. Everyone else would expect the bucs to pick a corner, but the jets might not. That being said, some teams won't be able to leapfrog over them to get "x" player before they do if it's not known until last minute.
2. For the bucs, it brings much needed hype and media coverage. It would essentially be the talk of the draft from there on out.
3. Even the bucs might have a reason to not let their cards be known before draft. They could sell off both seconds, and keep the first, or just the first this year, or even next year's first. Point is, many teams might think we reach for reavis instead, and choose not to jump Tampa for "x" draftee. If they sell off next years first, they wouldn't want teams to know ahead of time that they kept their first this draft.
4. If dom wants to trade up, he might want to do that before it's known that they obtained revis. Suitors to trade with might feel like they could make this FO pay more than they should and make trading difficult.
5. By waiting on the revis trade via draft, it might be important to note that the bucs still have enough greenbacks to snatch up any good players who've had a falling out with their team. From now, until draft, dom has the ability to sign whoever to a structured contract that won't screw up the cap after the deal goes through with revis.
There are plenty of reasons to keep this silent. Most of them on the jets part, but I'm sure being considerate never hurts the bargaining process either. These are just some of the reasons just off the top of my head. I'm sure others here would have others as well.
Maybe we should stop calling him revis island, maybe we should start calling him conspiracy mountain?