Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jarvis Jones bit the big one at his pro day « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
: March 21, 2013, 04:23:48 PM

He apparently ran a 4.92 forty, 20 reps on bench, and 9'3" broad jump (would have been the worst at combine).  I knew he was a prospect that wouldn't measure well, but this is disappointing.  He still has the gametape, though.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#1 : March 21, 2013, 04:34:05 PM

This dude is gonna experience a Daquan Bowers type freefall.  2nd, maybe even 3rd round pick.  The bust potential seems strong in this one.

X-RayCat57

Second String

#2 : March 21, 2013, 04:39:43 PM

Vontaze Burfict had a horrible pre draft and wasnt even drafted. Turned out to have a very solid year with the Bengals.

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 21, 2013, 04:44:14 PM

Forty times are overrated. He plays faster than that.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 21, 2013, 04:45:56 PM

This dude is gonna experience a Daquan Bowers type freefall.  2nd, maybe even 3rd round pick.  The bust potential seems strong in this one.

Is he injured?  Major health problems?  If so, Mark is all over him.

X-RayCat57

Second String

#5 : March 21, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

Is he injured?  Major health problems?  If so, Mark is all over him.

Good one.

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"

Sailing2smth

Starter

#6 : March 21, 2013, 04:47:30 PM

Signed
Brandon Spikes

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 21, 2013, 04:50:12 PM

Sounds like Jones to the Bucs is doable at 13.

Like I said, Bucs going to draft a LBer in round 1.

That will fill that corp out with good, young, cheap help.

Corners will come via FA, and draft (at least 2 now).  Bucs might nab a space eater at DT (via draft) to replace Miller with an even cheaper player who doesn't have to make waves to be serviceable.  And I still think they will sign a DE like Freeney, who I think still has enough in him to be a menace off the edge.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 21, 2013, 04:55:04 PM

The guy was not going to have great numbers, though this was a bit surprising.  But the production was there.  I really wouldn't be surprised at all to hear us call his name.  Especially with the Bennett move and Bowers' questions.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#9 : March 21, 2013, 04:59:58 PM

I just don't get the excitement over this guy.  He'd be a strongside LB in a 4-3 defense.  There's a reason that we can get away with playing (insert undrafted/special teams player here) for so many years.  It just isn't a valued position.  He was a great sack guy in college, but unless we play him at DE, he isn't going to be in a position to generate a pass rush since he won't even be on the field on 3rd down.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 21, 2013, 05:03:49 PM

Sacks sacks sacks.  He is a pass rusher, and a solid pro prospect.  Bucs need guys like this to house people, QBs in particular.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#11 : March 21, 2013, 05:10:01 PM

According to rotoworld, he may have tweaked his hamstring during his 40 run.  I wonder what his 10 yd split is?  I still think he'll be successful in the NFL, and would be excited to see him, Clayborn, and Bowers chasing after QB's in pewter and red next season.  The bottom line is that he is a football player, plain and simple.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 21, 2013, 05:13:02 PM

I just don't get the excitement over this guy.  He'd be a strongside LB in a 4-3 defense.  There's a reason that we can get away with playing (insert undrafted/special teams player here) for so many years.  It just isn't a valued position.  He was a great sack guy in college, but unless we play him at DE, he isn't going to be in a position to generate a pass rush since he won't even be on the field on 3rd down.

Why wouldn't he be on the field on third down?  Because of Foster's amazing blitz and coverage skills?  Oh, wait, he'd be the SAM and that automatically means he comes out....

Madman

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 21, 2013, 05:34:55 PM

Signed
Brandon Spikes

Terrell Suggs had a notoriously bad combine.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#14 : March 21, 2013, 05:35:35 PM

There's this guy in Denver who plays SAM and is a pretty good pass rusher, too.  I'm not saying that Jones has the athleticism of Von Miller (clearly he doesn't), but the guy was the best defensive player in the country playing in the toughest conference in the country.  That has to count for something.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jarvis Jones bit the big one at his pro day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools