Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles like what they see in Benn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 22, 2013, 12:02:55 AM

Arrelious Benn gets contract extension with Eagles

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 21, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT

PFT

AP

Less than a week after acquiring wide receiver Arrelious Benn in a trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Philadelphia Eagles have given Benn a contract extension.

Benn was set to enter the final year of his rookie contract this season with the ability to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. Instead, the Eagles signed Benn to a one year extension to keep him with the team through 2014.

After being drafted in the second round by the Buccaneers in 2010, Benn has struggled to be a consistent performer in the league. Benn has failed to catch more than 30 passes in a season. He caught just four passes for 26 yards last season as he missed eight games due to a knee injury that landed him on injured reserve.

Right now, Im hungry to prove a lot of things, prove to people who have doubted me, Benn said, via the teams official website. I just want to go out there and show what I can do. Stay healthy, be a team guy and have fun.

Benn has caught 59 passes through three seasons for 862 yards and five touchdowns.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 22, 2013, 12:05:41 AM

i remember liking Benn as well

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 22, 2013, 12:41:22 AM

Trading Benn was a good move.  Signing Olgetree to replace him was bad.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 22, 2013, 01:00:08 AM

...Suckers 8) Stupid eagles

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

geetech84

Starter

#4 : March 22, 2013, 01:01:52 AM

Trading Benn was a good move.  Signing Olgetree to replace him was bad.

I Agree...

I  hope the Buc's look into bring in Julian Edelman. "Julian was a beast, before he got hurt...great KR/PR and was turning into a good slot Wr too"

If coach S want's competition at the 3rd/slot Wr spot..don't just sign Olgetree to compete with Underwood."not a fair match up,..Underwood is no 3rd/slot Wr".sign someone like Julian or Draft Wr, to compete.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 22, 2013, 02:33:18 AM

...Suckers 8) Stupid eagles

I'm shocked you are a total loverboy of a move the front office made.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 22, 2013, 03:21:00 AM

Benn wasn't going to do  jack on this team. cmon now.

I don't "Support" every move they make. I just don't freak out easily. Especially over mediocre players being let go.

Did you think Benn was worth more than we got?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 22, 2013, 07:46:02 AM

LOL.....yeah ......good luck philly. ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 22, 2013, 08:14:46 AM

Chip Kelly may use Benn in a Percy Harvin role. If Benn can stay healthy, Chip Kelly is probably a perfect fit for him.

Glad we got something for him, he wasn't going to get any playing time here.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : March 22, 2013, 09:04:03 AM

In chip's playbook the bennendround must be a core play.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 22, 2013, 09:55:12 AM

Is this the same Benn we drafted a few years ago instead of trading for proven WRs like Brandon Marshall or Santonio Holmes because we were "building through the draft"?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 22, 2013, 09:57:31 AM

Marshall and Holmes are nothing to care for either really.  Benn was disappointing where he was drafed at but if he was a 4th rounder no one would look down on him based on his production (Don't understand the hype about Olgretree).

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#12 : March 22, 2013, 10:17:48 AM

Is this the same Benn we drafted a few years ago instead of trading for proven WRs like Brandon Marshall or Santonio Holmes because we were "building through the draft"?

Yep, just another part of our stale (or cheap) philosophy. Looks like Dommy is staying par for the course by making us believe that he is trying to land Revis WHICH WILL NOT HAPPEN. All the while, we aren't signing shlt but practice squad fodder.

The only reason for the Goldson signing is the salary floor.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 22, 2013, 10:19:14 AM

Benn was a 2nd Rounder.  Marshall has been very productive while Holmes has been up and down somewhat but far more productive than Benn to date.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 22, 2013, 10:22:05 AM

Would you rather have those guys, or Vincent Jackson?

Because the choice isn't Benn or them.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles like what they see in Benn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools