Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles like what they see in Benn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

SoberInSac

Second String

#15 : March 22, 2013, 10:30:51 AM

Its too bad about Benn he was intelligent and had a lot of potential....Potential there's that word again. Hopefully all the potential still on this team
will turn into success! GO BUC'S.  Let's get this damn ship steering in the right direction with the wind in our sail's.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 22, 2013, 10:39:25 AM

I propose a toast: Here's to another season of undrafted FAs starting in our defensive backfield. SALUD!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 22, 2013, 10:49:58 AM

Would you rather have those guys, or Vincent Jackson?

Because the choice isn't Benn or them.

Not really relevant since we were sold on the "build through the draft" farce for 3 years before getting around to signing VJ, but Brandon Marshall isn't a slouch. 

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 22, 2013, 10:59:01 AM

I forgot about Marshall to Miami.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 22, 2013, 11:17:10 AM

I'm disappointed about Benn. I'll be pulling for him in Philly, to the extent that I hope he does well but that they lose every game they play.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 22, 2013, 11:24:20 AM

Marshall and Holmes are nothing to care for either really.  Benn was disappointing where he was drafed at but if he was a 4th rounder no one would look down on him based on his production (Don't understand the hype about Olgretree).

Marshall was 1st team all Pro last season....does not translate to "nothing to care for" with me. He's better than VJax, and I am a huge VJax fan. He's better than Benn and Williams the guys we were building this team with at the time.
We were sold a "build through the draft" bill when Raheem was coach and we sat back and signed nobody through free agency. At the time, Marshall was only 25, so not like he was an old vet on his way to retirement.
I'm thrilled with Jackson and Williams as our 1 and 2, but don't tell me these available free agents at the time weren't good.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 22, 2013, 11:32:06 AM

I'm disappointed about Benn. I'll be pulling for him in Philly, to the extent that I hope he does well but that they lose every game they play.

Lol - I'm down with this.

Seemed like a good guy, just couldn't put it all together.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 22, 2013, 03:50:55 PM

Lol - I'm down with this.

Seemed like a good guy, just couldn't put it all together.

Out of curiosity, what will you guys say if Benn puts up legit pro-bowl numbers in Philly?  Approximately... 80 receptions, 1,100 yds, and 9 TD's.

You're rooting for the best for Benn, so obviously you won't say that he was a punk while here in Tampa and never wanted to play here.  Someone would have to be blamed for both Morris and Schiano not being able to get anything out of the kid.  Maybe it's the position coaches?  Training staff?  Morris and/or Schiano?  Dominik?

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 22, 2013, 04:36:26 PM

Benn isn't going to be what Philly needs. Their starting WR's are undersized guys that are good when they are stretching the field and getting the ball in space. Maclin is a pretty good technician, and DeSean Jackson has great speed, but neither is going up and getting the ball too often when it isn't a great throw. Benn is basically a bigger, but worse version of what they already have. I'm going to predict overall fail for the Eagles offense on this one. Although I hope not, because Benn is a likeable guy and he may get some decent #3 WR overall numbers despite the teams overall issues.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 22, 2013, 04:37:52 PM

Out of curiosity, what will you guys say if Benn puts up legit pro-bowl numbers in Philly?  Approximately... 80 receptions, 1,100 yds, and 9 TD's.

"Good for Benn."

I'll also be happy that they lost every game.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 22, 2013, 04:39:25 PM

Its too bad about Benn he was intelligent....

he was??

-------------------------------------------------------

SoberInSac

Second String

#26 : March 22, 2013, 05:53:10 PM

I recall a interview before the draft years ago. He seemed very intelligent. Spoke very well talked about saving money and investing wisely. He certainly isnt a dummy.  He always came off as smart when I heard him speak. Obviously I dont know him personally but doesn't every body here make assumptions based on what we see on the field and through the media.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 22, 2013, 05:57:56 PM

i can only assume that if benn understands kellys offense he will be a steal for them. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 22, 2013, 06:17:06 PM

I recall a interview before the draft years ago. He seemed very intelligent. Spoke very well talked about saving money and investing wisely. He certainly isnt a dummy.  He always came off as smart when I heard him speak. Obviously I dont know him personally but doesn't every body here make assumptions based on what we see on the field and through the media.

I got the impression that learning the playbook was quite the challenge for him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 22, 2013, 06:20:41 PM

You can be intelligent and have trouble learning. I have no idea if that's the case with Benn or not.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles like what they see in Benn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools