Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles like what they see in Benn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 22, 2013, 06:24:50 PM

Spoke very well talked about saving money and investing wisely.

He bought an Aston Martin his rookie year. That's a $200,000 car.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 22, 2013, 06:28:55 PM

As one of our building blocks for the future he made $845K that year, he could afford it

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 22, 2013, 06:31:03 PM

You can be intelligent and have trouble learning. I have no idea if that's the case with Benn or not.

I'd say that as a football player, learning the playbook is kind of important.  I could care less if he can split atoms in his spare time.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 22, 2013, 06:31:44 PM

You can be intelligent and have trouble learning. I have no idea if that's the case with Benn or not.

I'd say that as a football player, learning the playbook is kind of important.  I could care less if he can split atoms in his spare time.

bingo!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 22, 2013, 06:34:53 PM

Yeah, my comment wasn't in reference to his ability to play or learn a playbook, just that he can both be intelligent (as one person observed) and still have trouble learning a playbook (as someone else did).

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 22, 2013, 06:36:35 PM

As one of our building blocks for the future he made $845K that year, he could afford it

sure he could afford it, but its certainly not a product of saving money and investing wisely.  and on that note, did he buy it outright?  does he still own it?  is it paid for yet?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#36 : March 22, 2013, 06:40:59 PM

dumb Antoine Walker kind of move  -

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 22, 2013, 06:42:26 PM

sure he could afford it, but its certainly not a product of saving money and investing wisely.  and on that note, did he buy it outright?  does he still own it?  is it paid for yet?

His initial contract was for over 4 Million dollars (signing  bonus was actually over 2 mil so he may have pocketed a little more than I first stated).  I don't know the details of the transaction, but it's possible that he bought a $200K car and still invested wisely

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 22, 2013, 06:46:50 PM

Sounds level headed enough.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/7786732-player-style-files-arrelious-benn/

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 22, 2013, 06:48:22 PM

Benn seems to practice better than he plays.game day....that's what I noticed most about him.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 22, 2013, 08:26:52 PM

Out of curiosity, what will you guys say if Benn puts up legit pro-bowl numbers in Philly?  Approximately... 80 receptions, 1,100 yds, and 9 TD's.

"Good for Benn."

I'll also be happy that they lost every game.

And this...   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 22, 2013, 09:22:49 PM

Not a Brandon Marshal fan because I can think of 15-20 WR's I would take over him. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 22, 2013, 09:42:20 PM

I expected big things out of Benn early on.  He is a big dude with 4.3 speed.  But it just goes to show you, measurables are not everything.  You have to put it all together and stay out of the hot tub.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 22, 2013, 10:42:27 PM

But it just goes to show you, measurables are not everything.

Sabby had already shown us that

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 22, 2013, 10:58:37 PM

I for one will miss Benn and I hope he blows up at Philly. I still think we should have used him the way Anquan Boldin has been used and its a shame as he is better than Underwood and Ogletree. Can't wait to see some of you make excuses when he has a good season. Oh yeah that's right Kelly is a better coach than Schiano so be will be able to use his strengths.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles like what they see in Benn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools