Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin is custom-built for the modern NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 22, 2013, 11:44:48 AM

Welcome Eers.

You must be accountable for your actions!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 22, 2013, 11:44:58 AM

Great post, welcome.

Sounds good.

I would run to the podium if he is still available at 13. Plus S loves WVU players. He will draft Austin. Not a linebacker as I previously boasted.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 22, 2013, 11:48:50 AM

True, but WR is a need on this team. It may not be as dire a need, but it is relevant and needs an infusion of true talent. If VJ or TD19 goes down, the offense reverts to a predictable plod show that will be easy to stifle.

Austin is a significantly better prospect as a WR than Rhodes is as a CB. It's not even close man. Not by a mile.

Bucs can draft CBs in round 2 and 3 and sign a vet like Nnamdi or Winfield to stop the bleeding for a year, and let the Offense carry the team and a more competent secondary with better coaching will slow the other teams passing attack down just enough to secure wins.

Austin is not a luxury. He is a big time need and a big time playmaker. Arguably, THE playmaker.
I disagree. I know a lot of people like Austin and he has a chance to be a good player, but he's extremely limited physically. Rhodes may have some issues in his game, but physically he has everything you'd want. His upside as an every down starting corner is muhc higher than Austin's upside as a slot receiver and return guy.

Rhodes' upside isn't very high if he can't move his hips better
Whatever your opinion on Rhodes, and I don't really have one, my greater point is that there will be CB's and other players at other positions available that profile as every down starters and not gadget/utility players.

In general I agree with you but a) this draft is very weak at the top and b) if we are running the giants offense he should be a starter, not a role player (victor Cruz/Steve smith role)

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 22, 2013, 11:50:25 AM

Patriots might. Brady is getting old.

ok maybe not the best example. Colts or Packers then. they arent drafting another qb

QB is a terrible analogy.  99.9% of a teams plays for a season are done with 1 QB on the field.  There are 2 or more WR's on the field on virtually every offensive play of the game.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#49 : March 22, 2013, 11:59:41 AM

Welcome aboard the Austin wagon, Boid.

shawn731

Starter

#50 : March 22, 2013, 12:01:01 PM

There was another thread that talked about how last year we all swore that we were drafting Clairborne and then TR, but we actually drafted Barron.  Based on what I saw last year in play calling.  I can see Austin being the pick at 13 (if we still have it).  If he resembles what he has done in college in the pro's opposing teams can't stack the box or double team any particular player.  It also provides another weapon for Freeman.  And if he (Free) doesn't improve with the lineup we will have what we need in place for his replacement.  Each draft has shown that you never know exactly how teams rate certain players there are always surprises.  This might be ours. 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 22, 2013, 12:02:53 PM

Hey everyone,
Long time reader and first time poster. As you may be able to tell from my username my two favorite teams are the WVU mountaineers and TB bucs (weird combo, i know i hear it all the time). I have been reading this board for the better part of two years now and have finally decided to post since I've seen numerous posts about TA, who is my favorite WVU player of all time. He is simply electric. Even if I take away my gold and blue glasses i still have never seen a player that can move the way he does. NONE. I have watched him ever since he committed to WVU back in 2008. He will be a special NFL player and I would probably lose my **** if the Bucs draft him. I do say that we need to sure up the defense for sure. But the way everyone on here with information seems to be hinting that we will get revis or some other form of CB help i see no better choice then tavon if we do get some CBs. When we look back i truly believe that he will be one of if not the top player to come out of this draft and a true game changer. He can do it all, he just needs the ball in his hands and let him do his thing. Anyone concerned about size and about him getting hit need to go watch some film on him and actually count how many "hits" hes taken because he barely takes any. I've never seen anyone who was so quick with his movements that no defender yet has been able to get a solid hit on him. Just watch tape if you don't believe me. And i know some will say well thats college and this is the NFL. I understand that but he didnt just do it against the scrub teams. He torched lsu, oklahoma ,texas, etc,, teams that are stacked with future nfl players. Now obviously my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt because i am a huge WVU homer but ive watched this guy for 5 years and truly believe that he is a special football player who will excel at any level and if he is there at 13 we need to take him if we sure up our D. Thanks to those who endured my entire first post and I look forward to posting on here in the future!

PS
I am highly active on the WVU boards as well so if there are any WVU fans on here or if you guys want to know how other fans feel about TA or other wvu players the best site would be bluegoldnews.com and go to the forum bgn football. Any mountaineer fan would be glad to talk about TA, geno, stedman, or any wvu player in the draft

Check out the Fab 5 on Austin. I know we have needs on defense, but this young man is special. He is consistent and clearly an impact player, year after year, game after game. Here's hoping Schiano and Dominik share our enthusiasm. The defense can wait. Welcome to the board.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 22, 2013, 12:33:26 PM

I have been on the Austin bandwagon for a while now. He is so explosive it is silly.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 22, 2013, 12:39:32 PM

I would run to the podium if he is still available at 13. Plus S loves WVU players. He will draft Austin. Not a linebacker as I previously boasted.

Prediction:

April 22, 2013 - Boid Fink: "The Bucs will draft a DE...not Tavon and not a LB, as I previously stated."

;)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#54 : March 22, 2013, 12:40:51 PM

True, but WR is a need on this team. It may not be as dire a need, but it is relevant and needs an infusion of true talent. If VJ or TD19 goes down, the offense reverts to a predictable plod show that will be easy to stifle.

Austin is a significantly better prospect as a WR than Rhodes is as a CB. It's not even close man. Not by a mile.

Bucs can draft CBs in round 2 and 3 and sign a vet like Nnamdi or Winfield to stop the bleeding for a year, and let the Offense carry the team and a more competent secondary with better coaching will slow the other teams passing attack down just enough to secure wins.

Austin is not a luxury. He is a big time need and a big time playmaker. Arguably, THE playmaker.
I disagree. I know a lot of people like Austin and he has a chance to be a good player, but he's extremely limited physically. Rhodes may have some issues in his game, but physically he has everything you'd want. His upside as an every down starting corner is muhc higher than Austin's upside as a slot receiver and return guy.

Rhodes' upside isn't very high if he can't move his hips better
Whatever your opinion on Rhodes, and I don't really have one, my greater point is that there will be CB's and other players at other positions available that profile as every down starters and not gadget/utility players.

In general I agree with you but a) this draft is very weak at the top and b) if we are running the giants offense he should be a starter, not a role player (victor Cruz/Steve smith role)
That's fine of you want to be like the Giants, but what do the Giants spend on that position? Steve Smith was a 2nd rounder, Mario Manningham a 3rd rounder, and Cruz was undrafted.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#55 : March 22, 2013, 12:43:29 PM

I'm all for BPA....if it happens to be him when we pick at 13, so be it. I got no issues with it. This is why you have to address some of your holes through free agency. Not over yet, but we're wasting a lot of time filling holes on this roster.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 22, 2013, 12:44:29 PM

I know man...😏I can't make my kind up.

But this time in stick and sold on Tavon.

I also said at the very start if all this draft talk that there are so many possibilities. Seems I am right.

danlowe748

Starter

#57 : March 22, 2013, 12:49:51 PM

I read an article the other day that said the Panthers were the team most likely to draft Tavon Austin.   

TomRiddle

Starter

#58 : March 22, 2013, 12:51:16 PM

There aren't too many elite prospects in this year's draft, but he is definitely one. I like Rhodes in the first, but if we got TA, i'd still be ecstatic. I just don't see him there at 13. I'm sure he goes in the top 10. If we don't get Revis, this draft is deep at CB. I believe we can use or 5th to trade back into the bottom of the 3rd and draft Logan Ryan. Use our other 3rd on Gavin Escobar TE, and use or 2nd on Banks, or even better, use our second 4th, our second 6th, and get back into the first and take Rhodes. There's a lot of possibilities, and Dom has shown he will work the board and get the players he wants; not to mention we have the draft picks to do so.
: March 22, 2013, 12:52:59 PM TomRiddle

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#59 : March 22, 2013, 12:52:37 PM

I know man...😏I can't make my kind up.

But this time in stick and sold on Tavon.

I also said at the very start if all this draft talk that there are so many possibilities. Seems I am right.

Can't disagree with that...too many holes to fill...once again.

#abucslife

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin is custom-built for the modern NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools