Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin is custom-built for the modern NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12

TomRiddle

Starter

#60 : March 22, 2013, 12:56:13 PM

Last year it was all about the man, the myth, the legend...Luke Kuechly. This year; I'm torn between Star, Rhodes, and Austin.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 22, 2013, 12:57:50 PM

#phukingphoneautocorrectsuckstestes.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 22, 2013, 01:03:04 PM

#ucouldalwaysjustturnitoff

EersNBucs

Practice Squad

#63 : March 22, 2013, 02:42:53 PM

Hey everyone,
Long time reader and first time poster. As you may be able to tell from my username my two favorite teams are the WVU mountaineers and TB bucs (weird combo, i know i hear it all the time). I have been reading this board for the better part of two years now and have finally decided to post since I've seen numerous posts about TA, who is my favorite WVU player of all time. He is simply electric. Even if I take away my gold and blue glasses i still have never seen a player that can move the way he does. NONE. I have watched him ever since he committed to WVU back in 2008. He will be a special NFL player and I would probably lose my **** if the Bucs draft him. I do say that we need to sure up the defense for sure. But the way everyone on here with information seems to be hinting that we will get revis or some other form of CB help i see no better choice then tavon if we do get some CBs. When we look back i truly believe that he will be one of if not the top player to come out of this draft and a true game changer. He can do it all, he just needs the ball in his hands and let him do his thing. Anyone concerned about size and about him getting hit need to go watch some film on him and actually count how many "hits" hes taken because he barely takes any. I've never seen anyone who was so quick with his movements that no defender yet has been able to get a solid hit on him. Just watch tape if you don't believe me. And i know some will say well thats college and this is the NFL. I understand that but he didnt just do it against the scrub teams. He torched lsu, oklahoma ,texas, etc,, teams that are stacked with future nfl players. Now obviously my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt because i am a huge WVU homer but ive watched this guy for 5 years and truly believe that he is a special football player who will excel at any level and if he is there at 13 we need to take him if we sure up our D. Thanks to those who endured my entire first post and I look forward to posting on here in the future!

PS
I am highly active on the WVU boards as well so if there are any WVU fans on here or if you guys want to know how other fans feel about TA or other wvu players the best site would be bluegoldnews.com and go to the forum bgn football. Any mountaineer fan would be glad to talk about TA, geno, stedman, or any wvu player in the draft

Check out the Fab 5 on Austin. I know we have needs on defense, but this young man is special. He is consistent and clearly an impact player, year after year, game after game. Here's hoping Schiano and Dominik share our enthusiasm. The defense can wait. Welcome to the board.

I'm with you brother, Nothing would make me happier (other than drafting geno and steddy b along with him) but i agree hes gonna be special and hope we take him with the 13th.

Also, Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, Its nice to have other bucs fans to talk to especially living in Morgantown.

Dirtypillow

Second String
#64 : March 22, 2013, 03:52:26 PM

I have to agree with the general consensus, especially Boid Fink.  This kid can catch, run and put the "special" in our special teams.  If anyone is concerned about his size - see Warrick Dunn but this kid is faster and shiftier.  I would love to bring, as Gruden would say, "juice" to this lineup. Another option is D.J. Fluker.  I have read many articles that Domink would not pass up drafting a franchise type tackle at #13. If the other tackles are gone (Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson) dont be surprised if it is Fluker.  BUT I LOVE AUSTIN, hope he becomes a Buc.  It would be the first time that I can remember a player of those talents being a Buc. 

Draft

1.Austin
2.Star
3.Fluker

Just say NO to Bridgewater at 7...very small hands \\\\\\\"smell like cabbage.\\\\\\\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#65 : March 22, 2013, 04:06:06 PM

I have to agree with the general consensus, especially Boid Fink.  This kid can catch, run and put the "special" in our special teams.  If anyone is concerned about his size - see Warrick Dunn but this kid is faster and shiftier.  I would love to bring, as Gruden would say, "juice" to this lineup. Another option is D.J. Fluker.  I have read many articles that Domink would not pass up drafting a franchise type tackle at #13. If the other tackles are gone (Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson) dont be surprised if it is Fluker.  BUT I LOVE AUSTIN, hope he becomes a Buc.  It would be the first time that I can remember a player of those talents being a Buc. 

Draft

1.Austin
2.Star
3.Fluker

Wes Welker is only 1 inch taller and 10 lbs heavier.  There's no reason Austin can't do what Welker has done.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#66 : March 22, 2013, 04:13:20 PM

THe guy flat out fly's this is going to be an interesting story to watch on draft day.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 22, 2013, 04:23:27 PM

THe guy flat out fly's this is going to be an interesting story to watch on draft day.

I can see it now... Carolina or New Orleans are going to jump over us to get him and Allen.  So while the Bucs will be trying to catch up to what teams did last year... those two will be acquiring talent to stay ahead of us.  I hate having no faith in our GM.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 22, 2013, 04:27:19 PM

I can see it now... Carolina or New Orleans are going to jump over us to get him and Allen.  So while the Bucs will be trying to catch up to what teams did last year... those two will be acquiring talent to stay ahead of us.  I hate having no faith in our GM.

I would laugh if they did. Yeah Austin is good and a special player but trading away the draft to get him would be bad for both teams. Nobody will jump in front of #13 to get Austin.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#69 : March 22, 2013, 04:31:01 PM

I'm on board with Austin as well. In fact, I wouldn't even care if we used our 2nd rounder, provided it doesn't get traded, on the best available TE. Our pass defense was historically bad, the remaining FA corners and/or any rookie CB's we might draft aren't going to change that too significantly IMO. Load up the offense and hope our pass D can get to around 20th or so and that should be good enough to help us win games if our offense becomes as lethal is I think it will with the addition of Austin and a solid TE.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#70 : March 22, 2013, 04:49:58 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Tavon Austin is the reason the Bucs/Dom doesn't want to give up THIS YEAR's 1st Round pick in the potential Revis trade.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#71 : March 22, 2013, 05:07:01 PM

I didn't used to be on the Austin bandwagon, but my opinion is changing.  He would be fun as heck to watch, but I'm still not sure that the Bucs would be able to use him to his fullest potential considering Freeman's accuracy issues.  He'd still be a great weapon to have in case we ever decide to change QB's, though.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#72 : March 22, 2013, 05:54:05 PM

When was the last time Carolina and New Orleans trading up in the draft worked out?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#73 : March 22, 2013, 05:56:22 PM

Wes Welker is only 1 inch taller and 10 lbs heavier.  There's no reason Austin can't do what Welker has done.

assuming he gets a HOF QB i agree.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#74 : March 22, 2013, 06:00:37 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Tavon Austin is the reason the Bucs/Dom doesn't want to give up THIS YEAR's 1st Round pick in the potential Revis trade.

I've thought this all along, #13 is the perfect spot to pick him IMO. You guys can believe what you want, but I seriously believe that Tavon Austin is going to be one of the best players in the NFL regardless of position. Let's all pray that it's not this year's 1st that we give up for Revis.....
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin is custom-built for the modern NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools