Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin is custom-built for the modern NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

youngone

Hall of Famer
#150 : March 25, 2013, 09:15:53 PM

Who do they have at DT other than McCoy?    Who do they have at linebacker other than David?    Who do they have at #2 corner?     Bowers will not make it through the season healthy.   Clayborn may not either.    The only positions they are set at on D are safety, David's linebacker spot, and McCoy.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine..

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#151 : March 25, 2013, 09:19:47 PM

i dont think theres any way we can consider DE and DT as rotational positions. we have a nobody next to mccoy, so a rookie could be drafted to step in and start at DT. bowers might go to jail and clayborn is coming off a knee so a rookie DE could potentially step in and start there as well. i dont think i even need to talk about how we need 3+ new starters at corner.the only positions we can count on being set at are saftey, WLB, and MLB. any defensive player is an upgrade for us at this point

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#152 : March 25, 2013, 09:20:22 PM

Who do they have at DT other than McCoy?    Who do they have at linebacker other than David?    Who do they have at #2 corner?     Bowers will not make it through the season healthy.   Clayborn may not either.    The only positions they are set at on D are safety, David's linebacker spot, and McCoy.

The safeties, David and Gerald McCoy might not make it through the season, either, better draft those positions!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#153 : March 25, 2013, 09:21:48 PM

whether you like it or not hes got a point. we cant bury our heads in the sand and say our defense is set and that all is well. far from it

youngone

Hall of Famer
#154 : March 25, 2013, 09:34:35 PM

whether you like it or not hes got a point. we cant bury our heads in the sand and say our defense is set and that all is well. far from it

Who said it was set? 2 of our LBs are pretty damn good.. McCoy is probably a top 5 DT. AC had a freak accident. He's not injury prone. Bowers is going to be counted on just like they counted on McCoy. I think thats fair, given the investment. Our safeties are set and at corner they are swinging for the fences. We have holes but its not all bad and the offseason is not done.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#155 : March 25, 2013, 09:41:50 PM

I have no problem expecting the best but PLANNING for the worst(that d line is made of glass - it would be a great place for a lot of depth - probably need that regardless).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#156 : March 25, 2013, 09:42:53 PM

Just draft austin.  Guy is dynamite, and he will get, realistically, between 10-14 touches a game.  Which is plenty.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#157 : March 25, 2013, 09:44:24 PM

the holes we have or pretty glaring. id feel alot better if i knew bowers wasnt going to jail. the mayor of new york is a complete nutcase and i just have a bad feeling he wants to make an example of someone

clayborn will take time to get back into the swing of things and somebody has to give them a few snaps off at some point during the game. the thought of teo nesheim playing for an extended amount of snaps does not make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. id feel much better with another good pass rusher oin the roster

besides mccoy weve got nothing at DT/ gary gibson has done nothing and i dont even know who else we have on the roster. we are so thin at DT its scary as all hell to me.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#158 : March 25, 2013, 09:45:38 PM

Just draft austin.  Guy is dynamite, and he will get, realistically, between 10-14 touches a game.  Which is plenty.

Agreed.. If that guy can give defenses heart attacks wherever he lines up or every time he touches the ball then it's worth it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#159 : March 25, 2013, 09:50:36 PM

We have plenty of heart attack givers on offense. Adding another wont help much.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#160 : March 25, 2013, 09:53:19 PM

I hope they use the #13 on Revis, then all you guys can calm down on drafting the midgit.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#161 : March 25, 2013, 09:53:57 PM

the holes we have or pretty glaring. id feel alot better if i knew bowers wasnt going to jail. the mayor of new york is a complete nutcase and i just have a bad feeling he wants to make an example of someone

clayborn will take time to get back into the swing of things and somebody has to give them a few snaps off at some point during the game. the thought of teo nesheim playing for an extended amount of snaps does not make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. id feel much better with another good pass rusher oin the roster

besides mccoy weve got nothing at DT/ gary gibson has done nothing and i dont even know who else we have on the roster. we are so thin at DT its scary as all hell to me.
Even with that guy being a nutcase it would be insane for Bowers to go to jail for doing the right thing. Clayborn got hurt very early in the year so i think he comes back healthier than what we expect. DTN is a nice rotational guy and Aaron Morgan showed some things when he got on the field. I'm sure we will bring a pass rusher in the draft. DT is very thin but there is a glut of good available players. I would like us to bring in a couple of them. The draft is deep with the areas we need depth at so I'll see how it shakes out before I say we're doomed.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#162 : March 25, 2013, 10:06:15 PM

Who said it was set? 2 of our LBs are pretty damn good.. McCoy is probably a top 5 DT. AC had a freak accident. He's not injury prone. Bowers is going to be counted on just like they counted on McCoy. I think thats fair, given the investment. Our safeties are set and at corner they are swinging for the fences. We have holes but its not all bad and the offseason is not done.

I think we may have seen Ma$e peak. Solid LB, but TBH, if we got a guy like Arthur Brown...I would probably take Mason off on pass plays. Not hating on him, he is just limited vs the pass.
LvD seems pretty damn good, for sure.
AC had an accident...but he wasn't exactly putting much heat on QB in those 3 games. I am not sure he will ever be a sack-master...but I do love his motor.
McCoy looked absolutely dominant at times last year. Let him loose without all the dumb stunts...and boom. Dude will absolutely explode.
Bowers has been "meh" so far.
Barron will need to improve, as of now, he is an average safety...if he improves his coverage ability, he will be good.
Goldson is pretty good.

Definitely have some holes that need to be filled in the draft. I don't think Dex and danlowe are that far off base...they just don't mince their words.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#163 : March 25, 2013, 10:17:37 PM

Mason Foster MLB

So Bowers, some DT, McCoy, Clayborn. David, Foster, likely Watson at LB. Safety set. Who knows at CB.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#164 : March 25, 2013, 10:19:07 PM

I hope they use the #13 on Revis, then all you guys can calm down on drafting the midgit.

C'mon man. Midget is a little unfair. By height/proportions he is about the same size as(or very close to) DeSean Jackson, Lance Moore, Randall Cobb, T.Y. Hilton, Jeremy Kerley, Percy Harvin, and Wes Welker. All those guys are less than 2 inches taller than Austin, and once Austin gets into a NFL workout program, he will be in the 180's just like most of the guys just named. 

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin is custom-built for the modern NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools