Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Nassib #1 QB in this years draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 18, 2013, 09:02:56 AM

Si has Ryan Nassib as the highest ranked player in this year's draft. If we are targetting him, I don't think he'll last till the second round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/draft-2013/tracker/#bestAvailable

the writer for SI must be a meth fiend if he hass nassib as the highest ranked player. Nassib is very "meh" as a QB. he doesnt do anything exceptionally well. he looks like your typical 3rd round qb, he wont win you games but he wont lose you games. nothing about this guy screams "greatness" to me

Watching a highlight video doesn't do the kid justice. He is a big moment player who has brought his team back from behind several times last year. He is smart, accurate and more athletic than people think.

As far as his arm being weak, not sure where it comes from. He adequate zip on the ball to fit it in and enough umph to hit the deep ball.

To the genius that thinks "he blows", thanks for the insight. You surely added nice discussion to the thread. He will be gone in the 1st round and a half so surely you are accurate that there is nothing there to use.

Let me think of a QB with a weak arm that can still be very effective, how about Peyton Manning. He still did pretty well didn't he?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 18, 2013, 09:26:08 AM

Si has Ryan Nassib as the highest ranked player in this year's draft. If we are targetting him, I don't think he'll last till the second round.

the writer for SI must be a meth fiend if he hass nassib as the highest ranked player. Nassib is very "meh" as a QB. he doesnt do anything exceptionally well. he looks like your typical 3rd round qb, he wont win you games but he wont lose you games. nothing about this guy screams "greatness" to me

Watching a highlight video doesn't do the kid justice. He is a big moment player who has brought his team back from behind several times last year. He is smart, accurate and more athletic than people think.

As far as his arm being weak, not sure where it comes from. He adequate zip on the ball to fit it in and enough umph to hit the deep ball.

To the genius that thinks "he blows", thanks for the insight. You surely added nice discussion to the thread. He will be gone in the 1st round and a half so surely you are accurate that there is nothing there to use.

Let me think of a QB with a weak arm that can still be very effective, how about Peyton Manning. He still did pretty well didn't he?

I dont think he sucks...but I think he is closer to that than he is Peyton. 

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 18, 2013, 10:52:52 AM

Ryan Nassib blows.

Prized input from a real deep thinker.

I attend Syracuse and have seen the guy play the past few years. He isn't good. Pretty much all Syracuse fans can't stand the guy. He can't throw the deep ball, he puts way too much zip on short throws, he makes a lot of poor decisions, occasionally gets happy feet, etc.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 18, 2013, 12:07:55 PM

Ryan Nassib blows.

Prized input from a real deep thinker.

I attend Syracuse and have seen the guy play the past few years. He isn't good. Pretty much all Syracuse fans can't stand the guy. He can't throw the deep ball, he puts way too much zip on short throws, he makes a lot of poor decisions, occasionally gets happy feet, etc.

Oh, so your like the Freeman haters here that are so hyperfocused on spots he needs to improve that you can't see all the talent he has. IMO, the most imporant characteristics for a QB is being able to read a defense and being accurate. QB's don't need a huge arm but do need a baseline strength. I believe he is above the baseline. I also believe he is accurate and can read a defense.

Love him or hate him, he is the reason Syracuse had their best year in a long time.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 18, 2013, 12:09:07 PM

Just want this documented....

I litterealy woke up from a draft dream when we selected Nassib this morning.....

If I'm right I'm psychic, if I'm wrong let's hope the third page of a thread about an average QB is an afterthought...

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 18, 2013, 12:17:53 PM

Just want this documented....

I litterealy woke up from a draft dream when we selected Nassib this morning.....

If I'm right I'm psychic, if I'm wrong let's hope the third page of a thread about an average QB is an afterthought...

If you end up being right...I need to figure out a way for you to have a dream about being at the wedding for me and Kate Middleton

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 18, 2013, 01:32:57 PM

i watched several syracuse games this year and didnt come away impressed. i dont think he blows but i definately dont think he warrants a 1st round selection. he just doesnt do anything impressive that makes you think he should be a 1st rounder. he looks like the definition of a 3rd rounder. doesnt have a gun for an arm, isnt an elite athlete, and isnt a guy that can take over a game. it is what it is. to be honest he reminds me of christian ponder. hes a smart kid who can make a play with his legs as well as his arm. hes got average to slightly above average arm strength. similar size and intangibles. operates best in a west coast scheme and his deep passing isnt the best. Ponder was a 1st rounder but shouldnt have been, better as an early 2nd which is where nassib probably should go since teams are willing to reach for qbs.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 18, 2013, 01:51:50 PM

From a potential standpoint, I like BRay over any QB in this draft.
I have a feeling hes going to go the way of Ryan Leaf though and idiot his way out of football.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 18, 2013, 01:54:04 PM

From a potential standpoint, I like BRay over any QB in this draft.
I have a feeling hes going to go the way of Ryan Leaf though and idiot his way out of football.

feel the same way. hes got a ton of potential but acts like a real horses ass off the field
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Nassib #1 QB in this years draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools