Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - 3-22: INSIGHT ON MYRON LEWIS, DA'QUAN BOWERS, KEVIN OLGETREE + MORE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

youngone

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 22, 2013, 12:39:05 PM

how do we ship off Benn and keep Myron Lewis?

I kind of like the Lewis issue though...it seems to be the one point where we are all unified in our confusion.

Well somebody actually wanted Benn.

And I agree, Myron Lewis is a subject that brings us all together.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 22, 2013, 01:04:41 PM

I swear the Lewis stuff was cut n' pasted from last year when he was also a bust. More stuff about how he is tall. Tall appears to be his defining trait, if only CB's were judged on height he'd be money.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 22, 2013, 01:15:21 PM

Tampa's starting CBs in 2013...Darrelle Revis and Myron Lewis.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 22, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

Revis Island, meet "Rx Island"!

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 22, 2013, 01:30:17 PM

Well my favorite thing about Schiano is he seems to see the same problems with the team as we do. So why he still has Lewis is strange.
I thought at this time last year Lewis wss going to be converted to safety.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 22, 2013, 01:36:12 PM

Keeping Lewis, but letting biggers go bothers the hell out of me.

Neither are great, but obviously, one is more talented than the other. Biggers has more possible upside than Lewis ever will have.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 22, 2013, 01:39:17 PM

Keeping Lewis, but letting biggers go bothers the hell out of me.

Neither are great, but obviously, one is more talented than the other. Biggers has more possible upside than Lewis ever will have.
I agree with this 100%.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 22, 2013, 01:46:38 PM

Schiano had to really not want Biggers to let him go for as cheap as he did. I don't understand it.

Myron Lewis is a hero and should be celebrated.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 22, 2013, 01:50:56 PM

Schiano had to really not want Biggers to let him go for as cheap as he did. I don't understand it.

If by hero, you really mean loser, and if you change the term celebrated, to exiled, I'll agree.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#24 : March 22, 2013, 01:53:17 PM

I think it would be easy to argue that he's the most impressive player on the roster

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 22, 2013, 01:57:40 PM

I was hoping to find an image of him on Fatheads.com but alas they haven't yet awoken to the greatness of this man...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 22, 2013, 02:00:28 PM

There must be something they are seeing that we arent. Lewis will be cut soon. They just havent replaced him yet.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 22, 2013, 02:09:52 PM

Someone needs to make a gif of him getting burnt by the Raiders FB. I don't think I've seen anything more embarrassing from a CB before.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 22, 2013, 02:13:00 PM

There must be something they are seeing that we arent. Lewis will be cut soon. They just havent replaced him yet.

Then why didn't they just keep biggers and cut lyron?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 22, 2013, 03:52:39 PM

I think he is here because he is under contract. He stuck around last year because we had no CBs and were desperate. He's a camp body for the moment with one foot out the door, and I don't expect him to be here for the regular season. Other than letting certain FAs go, we haven't really cut anyone yet. So it doesn't surprise me that he is still on the roster.

I know it has been posted that Schiano has to win now or he could be fired, but I don't buy it. I think the moves made so far show that he is rebuilding the roster the way he wants it, with the guys he wants. Free agency has made it clear, at least to me, that Schiano is building this team for the long term. I'm not saying we aren't trying to win now, but if he was only interested in the short term and winning now, we wouldn't have let certain guys walk for pennies and passed on all the free agent cornerbacks. He'd rather take chances with unproven guys that fit the mold he wants, rather than give guys contracts that give a better shot of immediate returns...but aren't really the players he wants.

What does this have to do with Myron Lewis? To me it means that Myron had one year with Schiano, and while Schiano has sadi repeatedly that he doesn't judge players for what they did before he arrived, if it's more of the same from Myron in camp/preseason....then he'll be gone.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - 3-22: INSIGHT ON MYRON LEWIS, DA'QUAN BOWERS, KEVIN OLGETREE + MORE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools