Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bioshock Infinite « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 08, 2013, 11:43:05 PM

Still is in it's wrapping sitting in front of the TV...excited to start on it...just gotta finish up Dead Space 3.

That's another game I started, played for about 2 hours and didn't touch again, and I loved DS2. I guess my taste in games is changing.

What I would LOVE to see is a survival game that takes place on a deserted island. Not something like Farcry where there are factions roaming around..the standard FPS stuff, but a genuine survival game, Cast Away style. If a major developer like Bungie or Bethesda created a game like this I would buy it in a heart beat. I've searched the web and found all kinds of forums with people asking about games like this, and nobody seems to know of one that's worth a crap.

Another game that looks like it will be pretty interesting is Bungie's new project, Destiny. Here's a link if you haven't heard of it yet.

http://www.destinythegame.com/

DS3 has been ruined by EA, nothing new there. What was a good survival horror game has now been made into a generic run and gun with multiplayer. It fits the EA ethos of "win the COD crowd, micro transaction everyone". The trouble with a genuine survival game is that no big publisher will go near the concept. An indie dev might do, but the big publishers will only go for what will sell in the millions. Steam did have a very interesting game not long ago which was you on a deserted island with just clues around you. The indie deve who made it did a great job on it but the entire thing was only about 3 or 4 hours long. Great for an evening but that's about it.

Sounds like you're talking about Dear Esther, if so I've played it. Great environment and I liked the idea of no combat, just roaming around trying to fill in the story.

I think there would be more of a market for a true survival game than people think, but I agree that it wouldn't be in the numbers that a major developer would want. Too bad, if done correctly that type of game could be highly addictive and fun.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bioshock Infinite « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools