Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#240 : March 31, 2013, 02:07:52 PM

LOL.  Except those guys have all been to a Super Bowl and have had success in the NFL.  Are you trying to equate them?  Seriously?  So, in your mind, good company????  This is what I call eating the garbage.  Just because you're on a list with those guys doesn't mean you are one of them.  Wrong list btw.  Win something of import FIRST then get back to me.  Thanks.

which one of those guys won/went to a SuperBowl in their first season?  i do know in schianos first season he was +3 in the win dept.  garbage?  nah, i think thats improvement.

ANything would have been an improvement after the ten loss streak and you know it. 

No. Actually we could have won 4 games or less and it would have not been an improvement. We had a great draft, an amazing run defense and an explosive offense that was fun to watch. Plus we made great strides in creating a new culture in Tampa, which was very, very important. Your inability to give any credit and immediate dismissal of Shciano because he didn't win a Super Bowl in year one....is a clear indicator that your posts are emotionally biased and therefore useless and invalid. You have devolved into....

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#241 : March 31, 2013, 07:29:22 PM

No. Schiano changed the culture by basically just doing his job.  This isn't some new invention.  It's called coaching.  Raheem was a mess.  That run defense was also at a huge cost, the second worst passing defense.  Which do you think is more important these days(outside of the big east)?

Believe it or not, I got behind Raheem after that 10 win season and this franchise has done nothing but let me down since.  Sorry, I am skeptical about these moves.  They have done little to restore my faith.  Dom has been overwhelmed for years.  Still is, IMHO.  When and if they turn it around then I will give my praise.

Make sense?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#242 : March 31, 2013, 07:58:41 PM

This thread is full of nonsense.  Arguments for argument sake.

You sir, are correct.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#243 : March 31, 2013, 08:02:46 PM

When and if they turn it around then I will give my praise.

Make sense?

what does this mean?  playoffs?  NFCS championship?  playoff victory?  NFC championhip?  superbowl?

id say the team is completely turned around from 2011.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#244 : March 31, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

When and if they turn it around then I will give my praise.

Make sense?

what does this mean?  playoffs?  NFCS championship?  playoff victory?  NFC championhip?  superbowl?

id say the team is completely turned around from 2011.

This is a perfect example of a bar being lowered.  Playoffs is my bar.  Anything can happen once you get there.  It is 0-0 at that point.  Four years of garbage.  Eat it up dude.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#245 : March 31, 2013, 08:22:38 PM

This is a perfect example of a bar being lowered.  Playoffs is my bar.  Anything can happen once you get there.  It is 0-0 at that point.  Four years of garbage.  Eat it up dude.

if you were to start with a new GM this coming season, which players on the Bucs would you consider core guys that you would want to keep?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#246 : April 01, 2013, 04:07:01 AM

@MichelleBeisner: DT, Derek Landri, former Eagle now with Tampa Bay, was also considering Bears and Lions - per source close to the situation. #freeagency

Are you surprised he would want to play in Tampa?  I'm not.

I'm not at all surprised.  He is a career backup. He has a chance to start here because Roy Miller left and we don't have a quality player to replace him with.

This is exactly the type of players i expect to come here as all of our free agent starters jump ship.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#247 : April 01, 2013, 07:59:23 AM

No. Schiano changed the culture by basically just doing his job.  This isn't some new invention.  It's called coaching.  Raheem was a mess.  That run defense was also at a huge cost, the second worst passing defense.  Which do you think is more important these days(outside of the big east)?

Believe it or not, I got behind Raheem after that 10 win season and this franchise has done nothing but let me down since.  Sorry, I am skeptical about these moves.  They have done little to restore my faith.  Dom has been overwhelmed for years.  Still is, IMHO.  When and if they turn it around then I will give my praise.

Make sense?

Makes perfect sense. You supported Raheem after his first season and then got let down. Now you are like a jaded ex girlfriend who is afraid to love again. So sad.

I supported Raheem after that season too. So did most people. We all got hoodwinked. The difference is most of us don't let that stop us from giving the next coach a fair chance. Are you really that worried about being wrong again and looking dumb? That's kinda sad bro. Can't you just give the man his props and see how things pan out?

vicious00cycle

Starter
#248 : April 01, 2013, 01:32:45 PM

Sooooooooo, fire Schiano because he's a bully and makes players work for their millions? Or fire Schiano because he went after Eli in a kneel-down in a one possession game and Coughlin complained like a pre-pubescent school girl??? Why exactly are we firing Schiano after one season Grimm? And I ask again, who are we replacing him with? You sir, have me absolutely puzzled with the point of this thread....

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#249 : April 01, 2013, 03:25:35 PM

Because there is no point.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#250 : April 01, 2013, 03:57:38 PM

I believe there's a point in there somewhere, but the execution involved in getting it across leaves much to be desired....

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#251 : April 01, 2013, 04:40:58 PM

We landed the best FA available this year, there is no arguing this point. Dashon Goldson was the best overall FA this year and he came to Tampa. One of the reasons why.....he likes the kind of football we play

#Schianoeffect

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#252 : April 01, 2013, 05:00:58 PM

There is no debating the OP..

..but it definitely can be debated on whether or not Goldson was the best FA available. He definitely was the best Safety....but best overall FA? Eh.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#253 : April 01, 2013, 05:02:51 PM

@MichelleBeisner: DT, Derek Landri, former Eagle now with Tampa Bay, was also considering Bears and Lions - per source close to the situation. #freeagency

Are you surprised he would want to play in Tampa?  I'm not.

I'm not at all surprised.  He is a career backup. He has a chance to start here because Roy Miller left and we don't have a quality player to replace him with.

This is exactly the type of players i expect to come here as all of our free agent starters jump ship.

But I thought players talk and would hate playing for Schiano?Did Dotson leave?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#254 : April 01, 2013, 06:18:02 PM

Sooooooooo, fire Schiano because he's a bully and makes players work for their millions? Or fire Schiano because he went after Eli in a kneel-down in a one possession game and Coughlin complained like a pre-pubescent school girl??? Why exactly are we firing Schiano after one season Grimm? And I ask again, who are we replacing him with? You sir, have me absolutely puzzled with the point of this thread....

Why would you fire him?

I never said he should be fired. I just wouldn't have ever hired him to begin with.

If he is going to be fired, it should be done the week after the last game so that the new coach has time to assemble a staff.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Schiano Effect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools