Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: it seems a significant amount of time has passed, even wasted, chasing ... « previous next »
Page: 1

richbucsfan

Starter

: March 23, 2013, 06:12:21 AM

Revis.  Are we that sure that our D-line is that good and just ready to explode for a career year?  Is sitting pat on what we have part of the Plan?  I remember "the Plan" under Morris.  That was a disaster.  Sure, Schiano is not naive enough to believe his current D-line will get the job done.  Not to relive the past, but I remember the days of Kiffin rotating his linemen, keeping them as fresh as is possible in the heat.  Allowing quality FA's  to slip away just doesn't seem smart.  But, what do I know?  He gets paid the big bucks.  But, he'll also pay the price if his "Plan" fails.  Actually, this is sad to watch as it appears a repeat of recent history.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 23, 2013, 07:16:58 AM

Revis.  Are we that sure that our D-line is that good and just ready to explode for a career year?  Is sitting pat on what we have part of the Plan?  I remember "the Plan" under Morris.  That was a disaster.  Sure, Schiano is not naive enough to believe his current D-line will get the job done.  Not to relive the past, but I remember the days of Kiffin rotating his linemen, keeping them as fresh as is possible in the heat.  Allowing quality FA's  to slip away just doesn't seem smart.  But, what do I know?  He gets paid the big bucks.  But, he'll also pay the price if his "Plan" fails.  Actually, this is sad to watch as it appears a repeat of recent history.

I think there is a plan.  I also believe they are confident they will get Revis and believe they think Bowers is the guy at DE, along with getting Clayborn back and healthy.  I also believe they have a target in the draft they really really want and are pretty confident they will get him - even if it requires moving up.

So, I'm not worried about them having a plan or not, I'm worried about the Glazier boys getting involved in this side of the ball and messing up the plan ... whatever it may be.  I expect them to be hush hush in their plan right now.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 23, 2013, 12:55:28 PM

You nailed it 100%. By all appearances Schiano and Dominik are just hanging out waiting for players to come banging on the door begging for a job. There is no plan. There never has been a plan. They just want to have fun. Whatever happens, happens.They sit around all day ('til 4:00 PM) reading the Red Board and laughing their azzes off at posters like you. Later they'll be hitting all the hot spots in Ybor City and up and down Dale Mabry Highway.

Slow day today for you?

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 23, 2013, 01:11:48 PM

Yup. Our entire front office, scouting staff and coaches have spent all their time chasing Revis.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 23, 2013, 02:02:24 PM

Dominik must have one of those cell phone packages that only allow 1 phone call per day. There's no possible way that an NFL front office could do multiple things at the same time.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: it seems a significant amount of time has passed, even wasted, chasing ... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools