Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« : March 23, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »

If mark gets anything more than a 7th rounder for him, GM of the year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/bucs-are-shopping-eric-wright/ 

Bucs are shopping Eric Wright

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT

Getty Images
While the Jets may not be “actively” shopping cornerback Darrelle Revis, the team that has been most closely connected to Revis is shopping one of its own cornerbacks.

Per a league source, the Buccaneers are shopping cornerback Eric Wright.

Wright’s contract pays him a $7.75 million base salary for 2013, an amount that no longer is guaranteed due to his four-game suspension in 2012.

The contract Wright signed last year in free agency after leaving the Lions covers four more seasons, with base salaries of $7.25 million in 2014, $7.25 million in 2015, and $7.5 million in 2016.

Given the current cornerback market, Wright surely would have to agree to a dramatically reduced deal in order to facilitate a trade.  Which could mean that he’ll refuse, making it difficult if not impossible to trade him.

In the end, the Bucs may have to just cut him — which then would allow him to sign the best deal he could find on the open market.
« : March 23, 2013, 10:59:17 AM GBOBUCSFAN »

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
« #1 : March 23, 2013, 11:15:59 AM »

I believe this signals that Wright will be cut soon

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 23, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »

Shopping?  Why do we shop players no one wants or will trade for?  The front office has done a piss poor job so far this year.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 23, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »

Which other players did they shop that no one wanted or would trade for?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

TheVoice21

Second String

« #4 : March 23, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »

gm of the year, right. let's not forget that he's the gm that signed the tool bag. I hope we can get a steak out of the deal, let alone a draft pick...

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 23, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »

Shopping?  Why do we shop players no one wants or will trade for?  The front office has done a piss poor job so far this year.

Uh maybe because you should see what you could get before cutting him. Benn was traded. no? gaines Adams/Brian Price.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #6 : March 23, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »

We can cut the guy and be done with it.  I think it's great that he is shopping him around.  Having said that, I highly doubt there will be any takers. 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 23, 2013, 11:46:54 AM »

he may stay with us at a reduced deal

ufcguy32

Starter

« #8 : March 23, 2013, 11:51:03 AM »

sooo lets see. lets trade another player for a 6th round pick when we have no starting corners on the roster. great idea Dom. You sir deserve to be fired, how you would even think about shopping him with no corners on the roster is just baffling. this guys is our best corner we currently have. what the hell is he freaking thinking right now, i just dont get  it. The logic this regime has is like wiping and then taking a **CENSORED** on your self.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 23, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »

Yeah, they should just immediately cut players instead of taking their time and doing their due diligence. Why don't you cry a little more.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #10 : March 23, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »

what the hell is he freaking thinking right now

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/07/tampa-bay-bucs-and-former-usc-cornerback-arrested-felony-dui.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8680228/eric-wright-tampa-bay-buccaneers-suspended-4-games

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 23, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »

sooo lets see. lets trade another player for a 6th round pick when we have no starting corners on the roster. great idea Dom. You sir deserve to be fired, how you would even think about shopping him with no corners on the roster is just baffling. this guys is our best corner we currently have. what the hell is he freaking thinking right now, i just dont get  it. The logic this regime has is like wiping and then taking a **CENSORED** on your self.

Have any move been made with regards to Wright yet? Calm down and ease off the energy drinks.

Wow. Shouldn't you be watching wrasslin or something instead?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 23, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »

Yeah, they should just immediately cut players instead of taking their time and doing their due diligence. Why don't you cry a little more.

Do you have any criticism for Dom in any way, shape or form?  I would be very curious to hear what you think they've done wrong...if any?
« : March 23, 2013, 11:59:15 AM The Anomaly »

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #13 : March 23, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »

Do you have any criticism for Dom in any way, shape or form?  I would very curious to hear what you think they've done wrong...if any?

What exactly are you criticizing Dominik for in this situation? What players has he tried to trade that haven't been traded?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 23, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »

Do you have any criticism for Dom in any way, shape or form?  I would very curious to hear what you think they've done wrong...if any?

What exactly are you criticizing Dominik for in this situation? What players has he tried to trade that haven't been traded?

I'll deal with you in a sec...one at a time please.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools