Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 23, 2013, 12:01:05 PM

LOL, couldn't you just have answered the question in the time it took to say that?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 23, 2013, 12:07:32 PM

I would expect they would shop him. After all we can cut him at any time without owing him anything. So why not just keep him on the roster until the summer? Or hell all the way up until TC to see if someone gets injured.

He will at least be with us until the CB situation is resolved, and I could certainly seeing someone giving up a late pick for him later should an injury occur.

SoberInSac

Second String

#17 : March 23, 2013, 12:13:49 PM

Its a great idea try to trade adderall boy and get something for him. He is going to be cut anyway, so if there is any takers its obviously a win.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 23, 2013, 12:18:20 PM

Shopping?  Why do we shop players no one wants or will trade for?  The front office has done a piss poor job so far this year.

Yeah, they should just immediately cut players instead of taking their time and doing their due diligence. Why don't you cry a little more.

Do you have any criticism for Dom in any way, shape or form?  I would be very curious to hear what you think they've done wrong...if any?

Sure.

I could criticize him for the following:

1) Not being a voice of reason in the Raheem hire. However, what GM in the league (that's been around for a while) hasn't had to deal with subpar coaching? Does that mean that every GM who has had to fire a coach sucks?
2) Signing Black and Wright to big contracts. However, what GM has not screwed up a free agent signing? You act as if we are the only team ever to have done such a thing.
3) 3 of the last 4 seasons were of the losing variety. 3 seasons with zero money to spend and a crappy coach that ownership pushed for. How is that his fault?

Bottom line is that every GM in the league has to gamble when it comes to the draft and signing free agents. There is no executive in the NFL that is batting a thousand. Those teams that are doing well have stability at the QB position and with the coaching staff and when that happens, it makes the GM look like a genius. Look at New England. Everyone talks about how well the draft, blah, blah, blah...it's all Brady, period. Should the GM get all the credit even though he still makes bad moves from time to time?

Dominik is not a world-beater but he is not a bad GM. I think he learns from his mistakes. He probably has to do some things this season to secure his job, however, this season hasn't even started yet and he's already being crucified for not doing what the fans have wanted him to do, which was to go on a free agent spending spree. Fans like you are impatient which is why you'd rather just have him cut Wright and be done with it.

I applaud the FO for taking a patient approach and no longer attacking the issues in the secondary with half-measures.

Here's the other thing. Why should I criticize the FO when they haven't completed the job of putting the 2013 team together? Why the need to rush to judgement? Why must everything out of your mouth be negative? I think that is a fair question. You also dodged the question when asked what would you have done differently by giving the tired "they never shouldve done this...." crap. What should they have done instead?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 23, 2013, 12:24:36 PM

Four years of no playoffs and i am impatient in your eyes.  F U.  Are you a relative? 

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 23, 2013, 12:25:30 PM

I would expect they would shop him. After all we can cut him at any time without owing him anything. So why not just keep him on the roster until the summer? Or hell all the way up until TC to see if someone gets injured.

He will at least be with us until the CB situation is resolved, and I could certainly seeing someone giving up a late pick for him later should an injury occur.

I heard somewhere if he was to get injured in TC he will get his money.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 23, 2013, 12:29:03 PM

He got something for Benn. You never know. It's worth a shot.

No matter what Dominik does, there is a certain element here that takes every opportunity to criticize him. He has overpaid several players in his tenure as GM, but he has not hesitated to correct a bad situation as soon as he recognizes it. All GMs make mistakes, even the older experienced ones. I like the direction he has taken this team, even though I have disagreed with some individual moves. He and Schiano work well together. They are quick to get rid of players and coaches who just don't fit.

ufcguy32

Starter

#22 : March 23, 2013, 12:31:37 PM

some of you guys just dont get it.  Name me one thing they have done to fix the secondary. (cornerbacks) we have all of our eggs in the basket of revis. lets play devils advocate. we dont end up landing him and we go all the way to the draft. winfield, grimes, jammer, asomuagua all get signed. heres a memo just because we are waiting doesnt mean other teams are not gonna sign the remaining corners available. Now you give me a logical response to what this team is gonna do to not get their asses torched again in the secondary. ill be waiting all day because not one of you dumb asses can give me a good response. not one. so when september comes and we are getting burned down the sideline for 80 yard touchdowns. ill refer back to this thread and give you the "I told you so"

ufcguy32

Starter

#23 : March 23, 2013, 12:32:55 PM

not to mention the fact we have no stability on the defensive line and our pass rush has sucked for the last 5 years. but ya i should be thrilled with all the potential we have

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 23, 2013, 12:33:33 PM

To me, itś the death of a thousand cuts. Slowly but surely diminish his value, cut him and he getś picked up for special tams money by the jets. He is then a prime example to any Bucs players that step out of line.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 23, 2013, 12:34:41 PM

Four years of no playoffs and i am impatient in your eyes.  F U.  Are you a relative?

So....Dominik took over a team that was poised to make the playoffs year in and year out? He should've turned around the mess he took over from Allen in what? Year two maybe?

Let's fire Dom right now. Who do we sign to take his place?

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 23, 2013, 12:35:13 PM

I don't think anyone is content with the CBs on the roster currently, but that's a separate issue as to whether Dominik should try to trade a guy the team is set on cutting.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 23, 2013, 12:37:16 PM

Is the CB signing deadline tomorrow or something? Serious freaking out going here. Wow.

ufcguy32

Starter

#28 : March 23, 2013, 12:38:59 PM

my isssue is the fact, i feel like we should be signing a vet now. we can play this thing out with wright if and when we have backup. right now we dont have crap. tomorrow someone offers a 6th round pick......the bucs take  it. now what? leonard johnson and the draft, and ronde barber who may retire. yep i see the plan

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 23, 2013, 12:40:21 PM

some of you guys just dont get it.  Name me one thing they have done to fix the secondary. (cornerbacks) we have all of our eggs in the basket of revis. lets play devils advocate. we dont end up landing him and we go all the way to the draft. winfield, grimes, jammer, asomuagua all get signed. heres a memo just because we are waiting doesnt mean other teams are not gonna sign the remaining corners available. Now you give me a logical response to what this team is gonna do to not get their asses torched again in the secondary. ill be waiting all day because not one of you dumb asses can give me a good response. not one. so when september comes and we are getting burned down the sideline for 80 yard touchdowns. ill refer back to this thread and give you the "I told you so"

What if can fit anything. What if a couple good vets got cut after the draft. What if the players you name don't get signed because teams are looking toward the draft. Man What if.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools