Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

ufcguy32

Starter

#30 : March 23, 2013, 12:42:07 PM

its like going into war without a gun or plan and just randomly charging the mound. your gonna get killed. thats the approach this team is taking right now. they are rolling the dice and playing russian roulette. they may or may not get burned on this.  If we are really offering the picks....there is no reason for them to not accept unless they in fact are really not shopping him. nobody else is gonna trade or can trade for this guy, so whats the hold up.....to sweat it out and see if they can get even more picks? they know and we know its not gonna happen and revis would be the biggest distraction this team has seen since hard knocks. they are idiots or they arent really shopping him. im leaning on the latter. the guy just isnt available like we think and they are willing to let him walk at the end of the season.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 23, 2013, 12:43:17 PM

my isssue is the fact, i feel like we should be signing a vet now. we can play this thing out with wright if and when we have backup. right now we dont have crap. tomorrow someone offers a 6th round pick......the bucs take  it. now what? leonard johnson and the draft, and ronde barber who may retire. yep i see the plan

Yup no way Tampa can draft a starting corner. I think it's time you hit the waves or take a stroll on the beach. You see the plan but do you actually know it?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 23, 2013, 12:45:37 PM

Well, at least the dude is a goner. Trade or cut. Either one works. Dude is awful. LJ > Ewrighteous. Looks like we will be rolling with a few rookies, LJ, Gaitor, and Gorrer. Adding Wright to that group adds nothing, so you might as well save $7.5mil by cutting/trading that POS.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 23, 2013, 12:45:57 PM

Four years of no playoffs and i am impatient in your eyes.  F U.  Are you a relative?

So....Dominik took over a team that was poised to make the playoffs year in and year out? He should've turned around the mess he took over from Allen in what? Year two maybe?

Let's fire Dom right now. Who do we sign to take his place?

Are you saying that there's no one else to hire that couldn't do a better job?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 23, 2013, 12:47:54 PM

Four years of no playoffs and i am impatient in your eyes.  F U.  Are you a relative?

So....Dominik took over a team that was poised to make the playoffs year in and year out? He should've turned around the mess he took over from Allen in what? Year two maybe?

I don't know if there is anyone available that could at this could. Do you know of someone?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

PewterG@tor

Starter
#35 : March 23, 2013, 12:49:23 PM

gm of the year, right. let's not forget that he's the gm that signed the tool bag. I hope we can get a steak out of the deal, let alone a draft pick...

Last year there wasn't exactly a plethora of CBs on the free agent market so Dominik had to overpay to get Wright.  However, he was smart in how he structured the deal in case Wright f'ed up, the club was totally covered.  Pretty smart signing if you ask me.  No doubt that he won't even get a can of Pringles for him now though, the whole NFL knows he's gonna be cut and they will just wait for it to happen.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 23, 2013, 12:49:53 PM

I don't know if there is anyone available that could at this could. Do you know of someone?

I feel like I'm talking to a child.  Are you trying to say that no one else could do better than 0-4 in getting to the playoffs.  GTFO.  Seriously, are you a relative of Mark Dominik? 

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 23, 2013, 12:50:49 PM

Well, at least the dude is a goner. Trade or cut. Either one works. Dude is awful. LJ > Ewrighteous. Looks like we will be rolling with a few rookies, LJ, Gaitor, and Gorrer. Adding Wright to that group adds nothing, so you might as well save $7.5mil by cutting/trading that POS.

I think someone else will be brought in as soon as this Revis negotiation ends, be it Revis or a free agent.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 23, 2013, 12:54:02 PM

gm of the year, right. let's not forget that he's the gm that signed the tool bag. I hope we can get a steak out of the deal, let alone a draft pick...

Last year there wasn't exactly a plethora of CBs on the free agent market so Dominik had to overpay to get Wright.  However, he was smart in how he structured the deal in case Wright f'ed up, the club was totally covered.  Pretty smart signing if you ask me.  No doubt that he won't even get a can of Pringles for him now though, the whole NFL knows he's gonna be cut and they will just wait for it to happen.

I'm pretty sure they used a clause that is common in the new contracts since the new CBA.  It isn't a Mark Dominik smart anything.  From the article..."the team justified its action based on the broad language contained in every contract".  FYI.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 23, 2013, 12:57:14 PM

I feel like I'm talking to a child.  Are you trying to say that no one else could do better than 0-4 in getting to the playoffs.  GTFO.  Seriously, are you a relative of Mark Dominik?

Just what I expected. More vitriol while completely avoiding the question, just like you did the last time.

Who can replace Dominik at this point? Who? What's the solution? If you know so much, then please educate us "leg humpers" and tell us who should be running the show at OBP.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

ufcguy32

Starter

#40 : March 23, 2013, 01:03:08 PM

we can draft a corner but the transition to the nfl is not as easy as it seems. there is a lot to get used to and just because we draft a corner first round doesnt mean they are going to be good or even pan out. it still is a big risk. i hope they it does pan out for our sake. im just saying, right now starting next year with a rookie, leonard johnson, and gorrer......are u seriously telling me your ok with that?

my isssue is the fact, i feel like we should be signing a vet now. we can play this thing out with wright if and when we have backup. right now we dont have crap. tomorrow someone offers a 6th round pick......the bucs take  it. now what? leonard johnson and the draft, and ronde barber who may retire. yep i see the plan

Yup no way Tampa can draft a starting corner. I think it's time you hit the waves or take a stroll on the beach. You see the plan but do you actually know it?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 23, 2013, 01:05:28 PM

Just what I expected. More vitriol while completely avoiding the question, just like you did the last time.

Who can replace Dominik at this point? Who? What's the solution? If you know so much, then please educate us "leg humpers" and tell us who should be running the show at OBP.

Listen, I know pieces of crap like you.  This isn't my first message board.  I give you names and all you will do is attack them and ridicule my choices.  You are too obvious.  I don't answer to you.  You think you matter to me?  LOL.  You are just some name on a screen.  Hilarious.

So are you a relative?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 23, 2013, 01:10:09 PM

The problem with that line of thinking is this isn't an issue that started last year.
This could be seen years ago, we had Talib with his health & legal issues paired with Ronde who was nearing the end of the road, we had nothing behind them then.
That's why so many were calling for the signing of Jonathan Joseph or Nnamdi Asomugha back in 2011, meaning we could already seen problems back there.
Doms biggest issue seems to be he ignores future issues until the point they become THE issue that can not be ignored, then he goes overboard and focuses on that with an almost total disregard for the new future issues that have arisen and also aims right for the big name, big money talent like it's fantasy football.
I mean why couldn't we have had guys in place at CB, maybe grab Joseph and move Ronde a season earlier? Did we really need 2 of the 5 highest paid guards in football, it's noce to say we have guys of that quality but is it really a good investment? (this being an even bigger question considering we only got 7 games combined out of them and some of those Nicks was playing injured)
His eye for mid tier talent and their worth is also questionable based on the Wright/Black type deals.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 23, 2013, 01:10:58 PM

Signal to the jets that we are happy with the corners we have maybe?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#44 : March 23, 2013, 01:11:12 PM

This is hilarious.  The new league year started March 1st.  MARCH FIRST. 

We signed arguably the top FA on the market right out the gates.  Our corner situation is terrible, but we aren't playing Madden here where we know the computer's every move.  If things stay like this and our secondary is a mess next year, then criticize.  But right now, barely over 3 weeks into the 2013 league yr?  Y'all are gonna yourselves a stroke over nothing at this point.

Calm the **ck down for heaven's sake

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools