Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 23, 2013, 02:02:36 PM

This is soooo shocking...   I wouldn't have never guessed the Bucs would keep the guy and see what they can get in a market full of mediocre cornerback...   shocking I tell you!

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 23, 2013, 02:11:36 PM

So, this is what I've read so far:

Fans mad that we just don't cut Wright.

Fans mad that we dont keep Wright.

Fans mad.

If we're going to get rid of Wright, why not see if we can get something for him? What's the harm? I think there is very, very little chance of it happening but you never know. That said, if there are no takers, whose to say that we will cut him before we have a replacement?

Why is this not a smart move? Or at the very least, making the best of a crappy situation?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 23, 2013, 02:12:04 PM

I'd put Dominick right in the middle of the pack as far as GMs, for every great move there seems to be one that doesn't work out. Think he's gotten better each year.
: March 23, 2013, 02:16:16 PM XFactor

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 23, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

Fans mad.

LOL, it's like you read every forum on the internet and provided cliff notes.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#64 : March 23, 2013, 02:33:57 PM

may as well stockpile picks if we can, Wright?

See what i did there.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#65 : March 23, 2013, 03:02:41 PM

Let me get this straight...  Bucs are thin at CB yet are trying to trade Eric Wright?  This is a dumb idea and will only drive up the Jets asking price for Revis even more! WTH are they doing at OBP?!?!
: March 23, 2013, 03:07:45 PM SWAGGANEER

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#66 : March 23, 2013, 03:06:32 PM

At some point we need to get someone at frickin corner or just keep Wright at a lower salary..    Like many this is frustrating to not address this whole CB thing....

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 23, 2013, 03:32:22 PM

At some point we need to get someone at frickin corner or just keep Wright at a lower salary..    Like many this is frustrating to not address this whole CB thing....

I would think Wright would HAVE to agree to a lower salary FIRST.  If they cut him he is free to go anywhere he wants for any money.  Hell, just for spite I would tell the Bucs to F off.  If they keep him they have to pay him the $7.75 mill.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 23, 2013, 03:34:18 PM

There's a part of me that feels this trade news is related to either the Revis trade, or another corner in the coming days.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#69 : March 23, 2013, 03:41:10 PM

I would think Wright would HAVE to agree to a lower salary FIRST.  If they cut him he is free to go anywhere he wants for any money.  Hell, just for spite I would tell the Bucs to F off.  If they keep him they have to pay him the $7.75 mill.

Agreed but the sh it he's put this team through he should just take the pay cut..  I dont understand some of these players you show them the money then they crap on you..   

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

youngone

Hall of Famer

#70 : March 23, 2013, 03:41:39 PM

So, this is what I've read so far:

Fans mad that we just don't cut Wright.

Fans mad that we dont keep Wright.

Fans mad.

Yea they mad.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#71 : March 23, 2013, 03:48:02 PM

If we can trade Wright for a $1 Lotto ticket...we will have already struck the lottery. I highly doubt anyone will part ways with even a 7th round pick for Wright because they know the Bucs will cut him and any team would have to restructure. Wright is going to get cut and that's that. If we do trade Wright I will be shocked and Dom will have robbed the other team...even if it's just for a 7th round pick.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#72 : March 23, 2013, 04:08:24 PM

5 pages? Really. Good job everyone. Myself included. Lets get it to 10

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#73 : March 23, 2013, 04:11:07 PM

If we can trade Wright for a $1 Lotto ticket...we will have already struck the lottery. I highly doubt anyone will part ways with even a 7th round pick for Wright because they know the Bucs will cut him and any team would have to restructure. Wright is going to get cut and that's that. If we do trade Wright I will be shocked and Dom will have robbed the other team...even if it's just for a 7th round pick.

The team would pick up that salary.  This isn't happening.  Zero chance.  None.  Nada.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#74 : March 23, 2013, 04:14:22 PM

There's a part of me that feels this trade news is related to either the Revis trade, or another corner in the coming days.

Makes sense, wouldn't be surprised if it happens sooner then later.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs shopping Eric Wright « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools