Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone remember if there was this much smoke before the Keyshawn trade? « previous next »
Page: 1

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
: March 23, 2013, 02:22:34 PM

Was it more or less than the current smoke around Revis?

The quest for .500 begins...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 23, 2013, 02:47:45 PM

Different time in terms of media. 1. Talks didn't drag on to this degree
2. Teams didn't understand the value of draft picks to the degree they do now, hence giving away two first rounders for a wide receiver wasn't seen as that radical of a move.
3. ESPN.com and rotoworld and PFT either didn't exist or were in their infancy and didn't have the impact on public perception that they have now.
4. The print media was still more of the focal point and thus rumors and info trickled out more slowly. It wasn't by the hour or minute back then, but by the day.
So there was smoke, but it was a totally different evolution, experience, vibe.

In Verner We Trust

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#2 : March 23, 2013, 02:53:26 PM

Thanks, jersey.

The quest for .500 begins...

beardtree

Practice Squad

#3 : March 23, 2013, 03:01:54 PM

hello  new poster here like this board got a free membership at the moment maybe a PI subscriber soon... just wanted to say i do remember the keyshawn trade kinda bein out of nowhere- i wasnt as excited as some were but he did have over 100 catches in at least one year so it was more than i expected

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 23, 2013, 03:18:06 PM

hello  new poster here like this board got a free membership at the moment maybe a PI subscriber soon... just wanted to say i do remember the keyshawn trade kinda bein out of nowhere- i wasnt as excited as some were but he did have over 100 catches in at least one year so it was more than i expected

Welcome to the board! I agree the Key trade surprised me. I didn't hear anything about it beforehand. We felt like we were one piece away back the. So I was ecstatic and didn't think twice about it.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 23, 2013, 03:29:07 PM

It was about the same with Keyshawn. There were rumors they were close, then it was reported the deal was dead, then the announcement they made it.

Looking back that draft was brutal outside a few guys, especially after the 1st round. The Keyshawn deal was probably still the right move. (unless you want to go back and time and take Tom Brady in round 1)There was talks of them moving up for Peter Warrick or staying put and taking Sly Morris as the alternative.
: March 23, 2013, 03:31:57 PM JC5100

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 23, 2013, 03:29:48 PM

Ey!! What up BeardTree?! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

beardtree

Practice Squad

#7 : March 23, 2013, 04:04:47 PM

wut up beatles and all

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 23, 2013, 05:00:19 PM

The chat's waiting for you any time ;)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone remember if there was this much smoke before the Keyshawn trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools