Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sanders Commings Anyone??? « previous next »
Page: 1

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« : March 23, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »

It is possible that in a lower round of the 2013 draft, there will be  a corner back like Richard Sherman of Seattle.  He was taken in the 5th round, 154 overall, in 2011 and today is one of the 3 or 4 best corners in the NFL

I certainly don't know who that player might be, but a CB to watch is Sanders Commings of Georgia.

This report from Russ Lande of NFP on the Georgia's Pro Day this week:

"While he does not get the hype of any of the other Georgia prospects, cornerback Sanders Commings had an outstanding workout and is viewed as a player with premier talent who just does not get it. Blessed with great size at 6’0 and 216 pounds, Commings can run with any receiver in the country (He ran a 4.41 at the Combine). During Georgia’s Pro day he was clearly the smoothest and most explosive player on the field and sources at the workout said that he has the physical talent to be a shutdown type cornerback in the NFL and has more pure physical talent than Dee Milliner. You can be sure that after his display in front of many coaches Thursday, some teams will rank him much higher than his on-field play warrants, which will likely lead to him being selected in the second or third round of the Draft."

Someone to at least be aware of along with the Honey Badger (Commings is much bigger) for the 3rd of 4th rounds.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 23, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »

He has had some issues with the law in college. If he has grown up then I think he is definitely an option. Big and fast and can play safety if needed. He also played against top-notch talent in college. A pretty good deal if we can get him in the 5th or 6th round.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 23, 2013, 04:02:20 PM »

I'd imainge Eric Stokes will give this kid a look since he is a bigger CB and can be had later in the draft.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sanders Commings Anyone??? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools