Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 24, 2013, 02:54:51 PM

Nobody truly has any idea what Revis demands for his salary. There are numerous conflicting reports from reliable sources.

I'm assuming Dom has an idea....if not it's yet another reason he should be fired.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 24, 2013, 03:55:35 PM

No offense, buy any individual who does not want Revis on their team, especially once that contains a serious flaw in pass defense has never seen him play. Honest to god paying a 1st, and a 2/d3rd for Revis is truly a steal.

Assuming he's the same player yea it's a steal.
Understood, but if there was any player I was willing to bet on to recover from the exact injury Revis sustained, it would be himself. Revis is undeniably a warrior, especially coming from a Jets fan like myself, I can testify for him on that regard.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards not making the trade.  Revis will be 28 before the season starts, most CBs see their play drop off around 29, 30. Does anyone see him being an elite corner at 30? Most likely he won't be.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#62 : March 24, 2013, 04:09:59 PM

damaged goods, too costly salary, need the draft choices - too many holes to fill (DL, CBs, TE).

All assumptions

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JPell

Practice Squad

#63 : March 24, 2013, 04:14:12 PM

Odds the player you select at thirteen is even half the player Revis is slim to none to be quite frank. Coming from a Jets fan, a 1st and a 2nd/3rd round pick for Revis is absolute thievery.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 24, 2013, 04:16:36 PM

Odds the player you select at thirteen is even half the player Revis is slim to none to be quite frank.

That's not really relevant.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 24, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

damaged goods, too costly salary, need the draft choices - too many holes to fill (DL, CBs, TE).

All assumptions

Possibly, likely, absolutely, no doubt. Not really a matter of opinion.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#66 : March 24, 2013, 04:21:16 PM

A healthy Revis at 12 mil is highly likely. And folks love to overstate our depth issues Imo

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 24, 2013, 07:13:01 PM

A healthy Revis at 12 mil is highly likely. And folks love to overstate our depth issues Imo

12 (arguably) and trade compensation. -rumored 1st round pick and 2nd/3rd.

The same guy that threatens his team for a new deal, gets it, and then complains about that same contract a year or two later. Are we really going down this road?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#68 : March 24, 2013, 07:23:38 PM

12 (arguably) and trade compensation. -rumored 1st round pick and 2nd/3rd.

The same guy that threatens his team for a new deal, gets it, and then complains about that same contract a year or two later. Are we really going down this road?

I don't believe you know the story of why.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#69 : March 24, 2013, 10:11:40 PM

No to Revis.

Signed,
Roddy White, Julio Jones, S.Smith, M.Colston

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#70 : March 24, 2013, 10:17:43 PM

No to Revis.

Signed,

He can only cover either Roddy or Julio...right now they're saying yes to Revis because it means that 2 and 3 on the depth chart are Leonard and Gaitor.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#71 : March 24, 2013, 10:20:10 PM

No to Revis.

Signed,

He can only cover either Roddy or Julio...right now they're saying yes to Revis because it means that 2 and 3 on the depth chart are Leonard and Gaitor.

Beats having Johnson or Gaitor as the #1. Or a rookie. What's your plan?
: March 24, 2013, 10:22:02 PM Madman

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#72 : March 24, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

At this point there aren't many plans left...which is sort of the problem and why we're no doubt gonna get Revis but take it in the shorts from him and his agent. The problem isn't how to plan going from here but why the plan was so screwed up from the day the season ended.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#73 : March 24, 2013, 10:32:11 PM

At this point there aren't many plans left...which is sort of the problem and why we're no doubt gonna get Revis but take it in the shorts from him and his agent. The problem isn't how to plan going from here but why the plan was so screwed up from the day the season ended.

Agree with that. Pretty sure the dysfunctional Jets have had much to do with it. I wasn't that high on the other CBs but I do like Antoine Winfield even if they get Revis. Just can't line up with Myron, Gorrer, Gaitor, Leonard and a rook and expect to compete.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#74 : March 24, 2013, 10:51:57 PM

No to Revis.

Signed,

Wait, how did these guys get together to write this note? Why would they even need to write it? Couldn't they call around to their friends in the league and see if there's any validity? And these guys all have big egos, I can't believe they'd openly beg off competition.

This whole letter is starting to seem a little fishy to me.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools