Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 24, 2013, 11:32:16 AM

I can see why they'd trade him, even if he's still the best in the world. He's held out on them twice, he's very expensive, they're rebuilding and it's not a very important position. If they can turn him into a few high draft picks and 15 million in cap space going forward, it makes sense.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 24, 2013, 11:49:35 AM

Yes to Revis, thanks

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

smithcar

Starter

#32 : March 24, 2013, 11:56:25 AM

Still no to Revis, too much to give up for one guy. At least two picks and more than 10% of cap on a guy even if he wasn't coming off ACL surgery still would be hesitant due to his character. Is he a Schiano guy? I don't think so, but is this Schiano guy thing changing now that he needs to put up some wins?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 24, 2013, 12:17:07 PM

All I've read about Revis is that he's an intense practice player that demands excellence from his teammate, much like Warren Sapp did when he was here. I don't think there's a character issue that would prevent him from being a Schiano guy.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 24, 2013, 12:18:57 PM

Still no to Revis, too much to give up for one guy. At least two picks and more than 10% of cap on a guy even if he wasn't coming off ACL surgery still would be hesitant due to his character. Is he a Schiano guy? I don't think so, but is this Schiano guy thing changing now that he needs to put up some wins?

What character issue does he have tho? Greedy?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 24, 2013, 12:20:24 PM

All I've read about Revis is that he's an intense practice player that demands excellence from his teammate, much like Warren Sapp did when he was here. I don't think there's a character issue that would prevent him from being a Schiano guy.

Same thing I've heard, high character, high intensity guy who is the best at what he does. He's very much about the cash though that is really the problem..he never seems happy with his contract.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 24, 2013, 12:38:32 PM

He was plenty happy with his contract.  He had a clause in this one that didn't allow them to franchise him.  He had not threatened anything this year iirc.  It's a jet issue.  Either extend, trade, or let him walk next year.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 24, 2013, 12:41:57 PM

He was plenty happy with his contract.  He had a clause in this one that didn't allow them to franchise him.  He had not threatened anything this year iirc.  It's a jet issue.  Either extend, trade, or let him walk next year.

I thought he made it very clear he was not happy about playing for his salary this year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 24, 2013, 12:45:57 PM

I thought he made it very clear he was not happy about playing for his salary this year.

He did. He got pissy IIRC after Mario Williams got his deal. He thinks he's the best defensive player in the league so he wants to basically have an elevator in his deal that keeps him in that group.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 24, 2013, 12:57:53 PM

"I'll make sure to fill out the proper paperwork and get your permission before I make a thread next time."

LOL! It was funny then and its still funny now

But JDub is right.

Completely agree. Definitely some comedic value there....but the OP would have fit nicely in the Revis thread.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 24, 2013, 01:37:53 PM

Yes to Revis, thanks

+1

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#41 : March 24, 2013, 01:39:17 PM

I can see why they'd trade him, even if he's still the best in the world. He's held out on them twice, he's very expensive, they're rebuilding and it's not a very important position. If they can turn him into a few high draft picks and 15 million in cap space going forward, it makes sense.

Jets are as good of a team as the Bucs, if not better. Not sure the Bucs are in any better position other than having money to overpay players.  Draft is just as important. Player has a history of hold outs - leopard doesn't change his spots.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#42 : March 24, 2013, 01:46:51 PM

"I'll make sure to fill out the proper paperwork and get your permission before I make a thread next time."

LOL! It was funny then and its still funny now

But JDub is right.

Completely agree. Definitely some comedic value there....but the OP would have fit nicely in the Revis thread.
absolutely

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 24, 2013, 01:52:55 PM

Jets are as good of a team as the Bucs, if not better.

You may think that, but I think that's a minority opinion and certainly not one shared by the Bucs and probably the Jets.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#44 : March 24, 2013, 01:58:57 PM

Bucs lost what? Five of their last six. I don't think the Bucs or their fans are in the position to claim that the team is better than many other teams in the league right now.  As for the Jets - Ryan refuted the notion that 2013 will be a rebuilding year for the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9086133/rex-ryan-says-new-york-jets-not-actively-looking-trade-darrelle-revis
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools