Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 24, 2013, 02:06:40 PM

Meh, Ravens lost four of their last five in the regular season. Streaks happen. You might be right, though. It really doesn't matter what any of us say. I'm just saying it's a minority opinion that the Jets are better than the Bucs and while Rex Ryan can say they aren't rebuilding, they're trying to trade their best player, their best RB and waived veterans. Conversely, the Bucs have spent on veteran playmakers the last couple of offseasons and are trying to trade for Revis. They clearly believe their time is now.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 24, 2013, 02:10:30 PM

I'm undecided about trading for Revis.  I can see both good and bad with it but we aren't exactly a young team anymore.  Our qb is in 5th year, the WRs are vets, the ol is all vets, the defense is a mix of vets and 2nd year guys.  Going into year 5 of a total rebuild we you should be expecting playoff contention. 

JPell

Practice Squad

#47 : March 24, 2013, 02:12:09 PM

No offense, buy any individual who does not want Revis on their team, especially once that contains a serious flaw in pass defense has never seen him play. Honest to god paying a 1st, and a 2/d3rd for Revis is truly a steal.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 24, 2013, 02:16:49 PM

No offense, buy any individual who does not want Revis on their team, especially once that contains a serious flaw in pass defense has never seen him play. Honest to god paying a 1st, and a 2/d3rd for Revis is truly a steal.

Assuming he's the same player yea it's a steal.

Bookert1905

Pro Bowler

#49 : March 24, 2013, 02:18:41 PM

Why is Morgan such a jackass?

JPell

Practice Squad

#50 : March 24, 2013, 02:22:51 PM

Assuming he's the same player yea it's a steal.
Understood, but if there was any player I was willing to bet on to recover from the exact injury Revis sustained, it would be himself. Revis is undeniably a warrior, especially coming from a Jets fan like myself, I can testify for him on that regard.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#51 : March 24, 2013, 02:25:56 PM

I've seen him play, I think he's the best CB in the league and I think he makes the Bucs immediately better and I think trading any picks for him is a bad deal unless all speculation about his salary demands are grossly exaggerated.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#52 : March 24, 2013, 02:27:57 PM

damaged goods, too costly salary, need the draft choices - too many holes to fill (DL, CBs, TE).

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 24, 2013, 02:28:23 PM

I'm undecided about trading for Revis.  I can see both good and bad with it but we aren't exactly a young team anymore.  Our qb is in 5th year, the WRs are vets, the ol is all vets, the defense is a mix of vets and 2nd year guys.  Going into year 5 of a total rebuild we you should be expecting playoff contention.

Bet-welcher. ;)

Or tell you what since I could be off by one game on my prediction 5 wins or less you take a year off and 7 or more I take it off.  6 would be a tie.  Nobody wins or loses.

That's fair. Deal.

JPell

Practice Squad

#54 : March 24, 2013, 02:29:33 PM

Nobody truly has any idea what Revis demands for his salary. There are numerous conflicting reports from reliable sources.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#55 : March 24, 2013, 02:31:03 PM

Someone has an idea of what he's demanding, just none of us. But the reliable sources probably aren't making numbers up. Regardless, 13+ million for one player at a non-essential position is just insane.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 24, 2013, 02:31:55 PM

My main concern with Revis is having that much money tied up in one player with so many contracts coming due.  Not too concerned with the injury or his attitude.  Draft picks are so valuable because it is a way to get cheap young talent but of coarse most draft picks don't pan out.  Especially at the level Revis plays at. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 24, 2013, 02:35:40 PM

Didn't learn anything from the last trade with the Jets!!!  Not a fan of trading for another one of their malcontents
. I agree we paid too much for Keyshawn but we don't win the Super Bowl without him either. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#58 : March 24, 2013, 02:36:25 PM

Nobody truly has any idea what Revis demands for his salary. There are numerous conflicting reports from reliable sources.

would you expect him to give the Bucs a discount? Why?

My main concern with Revis is having that much money tied up in one player with so many contracts coming due.  Not too concerned with the injury or his attitude.  Draft picks are so valuable because it is a way to get cheap young talent but of coarse most draft picks don't pan out.  Especially at the level Revis plays at.

same here

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#59 : March 24, 2013, 02:43:46 PM

Bet-welcher. ;)

Or tell you what since I could be off by one game on my prediction 5 wins or less you take a year off and 7 or more I take it off.  6 would be a tie.  Nobody wins or loses.

That's fair. Deal.

Come on S&B, don't pull a "Freddy".  And don't pull a "Java" by creating a new name to post under, either.  Both are **CENSORED** moves.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Revis, please. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools