Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' defensive failures personal for Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#15 : March 24, 2013, 01:16:18 PM

Coop is a respectable man. No way he would throw Schiano under the bus. He is has too much class to get into a mud slinging match with this buffoon.

I guess he knows Coop personally...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 24, 2013, 02:28:17 PM

Coop is a respectable man. No way he would throw Schiano under the bus. He is has too much class to get into a mud slinging match with this buffoon.

I guess he knows Coop personally...

Obviously he also is on a first name basis with Schiano as well.  How else would you explain his ability to make a comparison between the two?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 24, 2013, 03:59:46 PM

Coop didn't get fired though.

Don't be naive.
Dont be lying. Coop was not fired. He was offered a chance to resign and be did. Pretty cool of S to let him walk before getting fired.

So while it led to the same result, he was spared of termination.

My bad - thought you were going in a different direction with this.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 24, 2013, 04:00:51 PM

Who is defending Coop?

Well, for one, Grimm.

You can find others if you want to search. I lot of "he was a scapegoat" stuff.

: March 24, 2013, 04:05:01 PM Booker Reese

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 24, 2013, 04:23:15 PM

Until today I hadn't seen anyone.  Now there are two - though the second one is limited.  I too think even if Schiano had decided Cooper wasn't what he wanted, or worse, he let the man go.  That is enough.  Saying more demeans both.

sparkles - demeans - Verb
Cause a severe loss in the dignity of and respect for (someone or something).
Do something that is beneath one's dignity.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 24, 2013, 05:24:45 PM

Until today I hadn't seen anyone.  Now there are two - though the second one is limited.  I too think even if Schiano had decided Cooper wasn't what he wanted, or worse, he let the man go.  That is enough.  Saying more demeans both.

sparkles - demeans - Verb
Cause a severe loss in the dignity of and respect for (someone or something).
Do something that is beneath one's dignity.

The pass defense was demeaning to the whole franchise. Schiano did not reveal any deep dark secret when he said changes were necessary, and he did not single out Cooper as the culprit.

culprit - noun - A person charged with, or guilty of a crime.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 24, 2013, 06:38:36 PM

My comments are more about Schiano and his lack of character for throwing Coop under the bus.

NFL coaches don't do that.  Rutgers do.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 24, 2013, 07:19:55 PM

As well they should be Coach. Now what are you going to do about it? Run with a bunch of Rookie's or bring in some help. David and Barron are rare rookie's that start from day 1.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' defensive failures personal for Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools