Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#105 : September 24, 2013, 09:19:29 AM

Maybe it was, but that move is on Dummynik not Schiano. Bowers is HIS guy.

.... and , besides , we aren't losing games because of lack of pass rush . We are losing them because of offensive ineptitude.

Look at the board simpleton's weak back-peddle.  Considering all of the times you've eaten it on this board, you should be better at it.  I don't recall Dominik saying Bowers should have 10+ sacks this year, but Schiano did.  Anywho, through three games:

Bennett:  15 total QB pressures, including 2.5 sacks

Bowers:  3 total QB pressures, including 0 sacks
DTN: 7 total QB presssures, with 1 gift sack

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#106 : September 24, 2013, 09:21:02 AM

Maybe it was, but that move is on Dummynik not Schiano. Bowers is HIS guy.

.... and , besides , we aren't losing games because of lack of pass rush . We are losing them because of offensive ineptitude.

Look at the board simpleton's weak back-peddle.  Considering all of the times you've eaten it on this board, you should be better at it.  I don't recall Dominik saying Bowers should have 10+ sacks this year, but Schiano did.  Anywho, through three games:

Bennett:  15 total QB pressures, including 2.5 sacks

Bowers:  3 total QB pressures, including 0 sacks
DTN: 7 total QB presssures, with 1 gift sack
He mad

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#107 : September 24, 2013, 09:26:40 AM

Bennett is once again one of the league leaders in pressure rate, and just like last year is disrupting the quarterback about twice as often as DTN.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#108 : September 24, 2013, 09:32:13 AM

Our pass rush is tops in the league.

I mad.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#109 : September 24, 2013, 09:34:08 AM

We have done a decent job getting pressure this season, but to suggest that letting Bennett walk was not an awful decision is crazy. Especially when you consider that:

A) You need more than two good DE's in today's NFL. D-Line depth is incredibly important, because being able to rotate quality guys in and out can wear down an O-line and ensure that your guys stay fresh for 4 quarters.

B) His asking price was very reasonable for the production, and we could have easily afforded it.

C) The guys we replaced him with have done nothing.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#110 : September 24, 2013, 09:37:11 AM

This defense is still getting yards put on it, so it's only slightly improved (after bringing in two top DB's) IMO.

BEFORE the pats game they had somewhere around seven hundred yards dropped on them. That does not say, "great defense" to me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#111 : September 24, 2013, 09:39:51 AM

Good thing we have some bad azz linebackers.

Aside from AC, there ain't much happening Jack.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#112 : September 24, 2013, 09:44:52 AM

B) His asking price was very reasonable for the production, and we could have easily afforded it.

Do tell. What was his "asking price" from the Bucs?.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#113 : September 24, 2013, 09:53:58 AM

$0

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#114 : September 24, 2013, 10:06:17 AM

Quote from: Feel Real Good
$0
Well now I'm upset, we could have had Michael Bennett for free!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#115 : September 24, 2013, 10:07:36 AM

$0
Well now I'm upset, we could have had Michael Bennett for free!
Oh, wait, that's what the Bucs offered Bennett.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#116 : September 24, 2013, 10:12:09 AM

Oh, wait, that's what the Bucs offered Bennett.
Well in that case, I would have paid him at least $5. Think of all the trouble you could cause with your very own defensive lineman!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#117 : September 24, 2013, 10:13:23 AM

Nobody knows because the Bucs never asked. Never negotiated. Never made him an offer.

Draft Aaron Donald

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#118 : September 24, 2013, 10:23:07 AM

Nobody knows because the Bucs never asked. Never negotiated. Never made him an offer.

I guess that makes two of us that have questions about CBWx2's "knowledge" of Bennett 's asking price.

: September 24, 2013, 10:50:44 AM DeadmenTNT

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#119 : September 24, 2013, 10:39:43 AM

Well he ended up signing for one year at $5M.....so it is reasonable to think we could have got him for a reasonable price if we had sat down with him and actually tried. We simply decided Bowers was our man and Bennett wasn't worth the time or money without ever even making an effort.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools