Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #225 : September 25, 2013, 06:05:58 AM »

Secondly, Clayborn was still a question mark and we no idea if he would be 100% healthy or stay healthy or be effective.

The Bucs probasbly did

Three...Bennett was versatile as it gets and literally played every spot on the line. We are incredibly lucky Spence has worked out so well, but at the time our DT depth was very scary

The Bucs probably dont think that

So for all those reasons I thought it was incredibly stupid to let him walk, but I was ready for it by the time it actually happened. Anyone who was paying attention knew Bennett was a gonner way before he signed with the Seahawks. All offseason went by and we never had talks with his agent. The comments by Schiano and Dom, the stories by the local beat writers. It was pretty easy to see. Now some folks wanna pretend like it wasn't and we are just making guesses and don't know what really happened...but it's not rocket science.

early you questioned a conclusion about Bennett based on his own words ... but your comment is not guesses? smh

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #226 : September 25, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »

Jdouble ,  I don't question the writing being on the wall that the Bucs were not bringing back Bennett. Everyone knew that. What I question is your assumption that it was Schiano's evil secret master-plan and he was acting alone .

Answer the question : If he was so blindly in love with Bowers that he was unwilling to consider alternatives, even willing to force poor Mark Dummynik's hand in the matter against his will , why did he bench Bowers almost immediately ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #227 : September 25, 2013, 07:54:52 AM »

Jdouble ,  I don't question the writing being on the wall that the Bucs were not bringing back Bennett. Everyone knew that. What I question is your assumption that it was Schiano's evil secret master-plan and he was acting alone .

Answer the question : If he was so blindly in love with Bowers that he was unwilling to consider alternatives, even willing to force poor Mark Dummynik's hand in the matter against his will , why did he bench Bowers almost immediately ?

They didn't. They hyped him and gave him every chance all offseason and most of preseason, but when it became obvious that he was playing very badly and not even in good shape....they had no choice but to bench him for DTN.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #228 : September 25, 2013, 08:24:22 AM »

Come on , Jdouble. Do you have some undeniable proof that Schiano is solely responsible for this , or are you just going to jump on the crazy train , like Boid , and the facts be damned ? LOL

While you guys continue looking for proof of that damning yet non-existent Schiano quote , here is what innocent little Mark Dummynik said on the matter .... in February :

“Da’Quan is a guy I thought continued to accelerate his play throughout the end of the season,’’ Dominik said. “The more we can get him on the football field, I think the better we are as a football team. Certainly, that’s part of the thought process going forward with our entire football team, hopefully getting Adrian Clayborn back and 100 percent healthy and then be able to pair him with a guy like Da’Quan who we feel can be a premier left end in this league. That certainly has to be part of the entire picture we’re looking at, not only with free agency, but how we’re putting this thing together.’’
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-prepared-to-move-on-with-bowers-at-lde-wont-use-franchise-tag-on/2106354

...that evil Schiano . He schemed this up all on his own I tell you.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #229 : September 25, 2013, 08:45:54 AM »

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Schiano forced Dominick into letting Bennett walk, but if Schiano didn't come up with the idea, the facts suggest that he certainly supported it. If Schiano had really wanted the guy, he'd still be here.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #230 : September 25, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »

“He’s a tremendous athlete for a man his size,” Schiano said. “He’s explosive and he’s done it. It’s our job to make him do it consistently. When he hurt his Achilles, it changed his body. Rather than being negative, he got in with our strength staff and changed his body. I think he’s prepared to take the next step.”

Does that include becoming a double-digit sacker in 2013?

“He needs to be,” Schiano said. “He should be. That’s why we drafted him.”

-March 20

I made that up.

haha, this was your comment:

I would find you the links to Schiano stating the Bennett was let go because  . . .  . . Bowers was going to get 10+ sacks this season

Schiano  . . stating  . .  Bennett let go . .  BECAUSE .  .  Bowers was going to get 10+ sacks this season
Actually, what he said was

"Schiano stating the Bennett was let go because they wanted bigger DE's like Bowers and (which means in addition to Schiano saying) how Bowers was going to get 10+ sacks this season

Thank for spelling that out to the simpletons.  We have a couple posters are so asshurt about being wrong regarding Bennett, they'll continue their idiotic rants no matter how much factual evidence they are slapped in the face with, giving each other reach-arounds in the process.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #231 : September 25, 2013, 08:54:13 AM »

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Schiano forced Dominick into letting Bennett walk, but if Schiano didn't come up with the idea, the facts suggest that he certainly supported it. If Schiano had really wanted the guy, he'd still be here.

Boid absolutely suggested it .

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #232 : September 25, 2013, 09:04:47 AM »

Schiano never guaranteed Bennett WOULD get 10 sacks . He said he "NEEDS" to.  I think we all felt he needed to , did we not ?? We invested a 2nd round pick afterall , dude needs to step up.

Search feature does not work .... scarecrow misremembered the truth  . He mad.

You really are worthless without your search feature aren't you , slugger ??

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #233 : September 25, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »

Sensibilities say we'd still be 0-3 with Bennett.

I think you are being a little disingenuous there.  For a team that's 3 points from being 2-1, you don't think one of the best pass rushers in the league to date mightn't have tipped the scales?  Both our first two games we had QBs making a 1 minute drive against a 3 man rush, where we couldn't use our LBs (which have been driving our pass rush this season).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #234 : September 25, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »

Brads +1.

Pretty basic thought process. I thought everyone would get it.

And yes, I do believe S didn't want MB. Period.

Makes no sense that Dom "groomed and found" this kid, and then after he does very well to just kick him to the curb. MB seemed bewildered by it.

And Dom has no issues with players and injuries factoring in to his desire for a player. Dom makes it a habit of bringing in dudes with major question marks regarding health.

This stinks of Greg S. Very much so.

How is this so hard to fathom in the realm of possibilities?

Argue away. But that's how I feel about it. S is a rockheaded dinosaur who is shifty as they get. He has some strange ideations about the Mollionaire Boys Club. (NFL)

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #235 : September 25, 2013, 09:26:34 AM »

What say you about this :

“Da’Quan is a guy I thought continued to accelerate his play throughout the end of the season,’’ Dominik said. “The more we can get him on the football field, I think the better we are as a football team. Certainly, that’s part of the thought process going forward with our entire football team, hopefully getting Adrian Clayborn back and 100 percent healthy and then be able to pair him with a guy like Da’Quan who we feel can be a premier left end in this league. That certainly has to be part of the entire picture we’re looking at, not only with free agency, but how we’re putting this thing together.’’
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-prepared-to-move-on-with-bowers-at-lde-wont-use-franchise-tag-on/2106354

Schiano have a gun to the back of his head during this interview ?

Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools