Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 24, 2013, 08:14:31 PM

Tank Carradine will be his replacement.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#46 : March 24, 2013, 08:58:22 PM

It sounds like the Bucs knew of this injury even dating back to last season.   Bennett played through the injury and still had a solid season.

Looks that way.  Maybe a thread-title change involving foot/mouth is in order.

Not in any way GM

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 24, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

^^^^^^

It sounds like the Bucs knew of this injury even dating back to last season.   Bennett played through the injury and still had a solid season.

lol

Lol, the message board GMs say "so what?"  Shocking.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 24, 2013, 09:14:57 PM

Not in any way GM

I knew about Bennett's shoulder injury.  Anybody that paid attention to the Bucs did, as it was announced almost weekly at the end of the year. 

So why didn't you, chief?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#49 : March 24, 2013, 09:21:09 PM

So now you are claiming to have known the whole time that Bennett was likely going to be having shoulder surgery? Get a grip Biggs..

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#50 : March 24, 2013, 09:34:57 PM

So now you are claiming to have known the whole time that Bennett was likely going to be having shoulder surgery? Get a grip Biggs..

Of course that's not what I'm claiming.  That was never said.  The shoulder injury was well known, and that's what was said.

A NFL DE isn't throwing 120 fastballs, curveballs, and change-ups every five days.  This is nothing.  I would think that's blatantly obvious seeing as how he played through it and performed well with it.
: March 24, 2013, 09:58:02 PM Biggs3535

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 24, 2013, 09:41:12 PM

And I have never stated he had some sort of devastating injury. The simple point of this thread is that perhaps his possible looming surgery had something to do with the teams stance on him and that we as fans rarely if ever really know what's really happening in the organization.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#52 : March 24, 2013, 09:46:34 PM

He knew his shoulder was hurt, the bucs knew it and the 'hawks knew it.  And the bucs let him walk.  If there is an issue here I don't see it.  I am open to having it explained though. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#53 : March 24, 2013, 09:47:34 PM

Your right, as fans when they told us for 3 years that they were not overly active in FA because they were going to build through the draft and resign their guys we took them at their word (well some did).   Shame on us  fans

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 24, 2013, 09:51:58 PM

He knew his shoulder was hurt, the bucs knew it and the 'hawks knew it.  And the bucs let him walk.  If there is an issue here I don't see it.  I am open to having it explained though.

No patronizing necessary Dave..

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#55 : March 24, 2013, 09:56:42 PM

There isn't an issue.  Just people wanting to scream "told you so" and then can't back off when the fact that it is a nonissue is brought up

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#56 : March 24, 2013, 09:57:25 PM

No patronizing necessary Dave..

this thread was about patronizing

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#57 : March 24, 2013, 10:00:34 PM

Not true.. This thread was an example that we (myself included)  really have no idea of the FO motivation most of the time..

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#58 : March 24, 2013, 10:01:51 PM

And how do you have any clue that a looming shoulder surgery was a "non issue" for the FO?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#59 : March 24, 2013, 10:08:31 PM

Injury or no injury letting Bennett walk was stupid. Ok yeah Bowers MIGHT be a stud but oh yeah wait be hasn't played a full season yet and oh yeah there is this little thing called prison that be could be facing. For a team that sucks in terms of sacks and passing yards against to let your best DE (numbers don't lie) leave and think DTN is gonna step up is laughable. To ignore EVERY free agent CB is inexcusable. Dominik is not a genius he is cheap and he does what the Glazers want.

Goldson got huge money, just sayin.

Dom is cheap as in he doesn't get paid that much. Way to show good reading comprehension.

Link to Doms salary?  And how it measures up to every other GM in the league?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools