Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 24, 2013, 05:57:50 PM

@AdamSchefter: Seahaws DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.

The message board GMs are privy to the fact that Darelle Revis has an ACL injury and want the Bucs to give away a couple of high end picks about $70 mil to him as well.

Well... that's because everyone heals like Adrian Peterson

-------------------------------------------------------

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 24, 2013, 06:04:18 PM

@AdamSchefter: Seahaws DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.

The message board GMs are privy to the fact that Darelle Revis has an ACL injury and want the Bucs to give away a couple of high end picks about $70 mil to him as well.

In all truthfulness, we do not know anything...  the entertaining part is when posters get emotionally involved with just supposition.  Because they don't know they want everyone fired/replaced too...

That's entertainment.  Lol. 

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 24, 2013, 06:05:14 PM

I think the message board GM's have also caught wind that Adrian Clayborn is injured as well.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 24, 2013, 06:06:12 PM

Not sure what point you are trying to make Biggs.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 24, 2013, 06:06:17 PM

my guess is we'd better hope so.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 24, 2013, 06:22:20 PM

Not sure what point you are trying to make Biggs.

Did you get Ryan's point?  If so, it's the same.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 24, 2013, 06:26:58 PM

Of course Revis will heal like AP.  Terrell Thomas' ACL was a year ago.   The medical world has advanced so far since the dark ages of last year, not to mention Domoniqe Foxworth's ACL  of 2 years ago. 

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 24, 2013, 06:34:36 PM

Torn rotator cuff is what he had here last here  and he played with it for a good chunk of the year. It isn't why he got the deal he got.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 24, 2013, 06:34:55 PM

Did that torn rotator cuff also prevent them from signing a replacement?
I haven't seen a single person (that I can remember) really care bout the loss of Bennett the person/player, it's more to do with the loss of a pass rusher who happened to be our best and the total inactivity of the FO to do anything in regards to filling that hole.
I know, I know, we will be using one of the 27 picks we must have if the draft is going to fill all our holes.
We already have his replacement you moron.
WOW resorting to personal insults right away, you sure are a special one.
Bet you feel real tough now don't ya?
All you friends will be so impressed, oh wait you need friends for them to be impressed.

Please inform this "moron" as to who the replacement is that we already have, don't be saying Bowers because he was already here, I'm talking what DE have we added to take the spot on roster that Bennett left.
Hmmm, who's the moron again?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 24, 2013, 06:38:30 PM

Torn rotator cuff is what he had here last here  and he played with it for a good chunk of the year. It isn't why he got the deal he got.

Bennett was on the injury list almost weekly and half of the time for the shoulder issue. I think the recovery time for football for surgery, pending how severe the tear, is 3 months but I'm not positive. As the Schefter report mentioned, he should be ready to go by TC if that recovery time is accurate.

So I'm not sure why it would hold his deal down nor why it would affect the Bucs negotiations considering some moves they have either made in the recent past or are seemingly contemplating.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 24, 2013, 06:40:13 PM

I haven't seen a single person (that I can remember) really care bout the loss of Bennett the person/player, it's more to do with the loss of a pass rusher who happened to be our best and the total inactivity of the FO to do anything in regards to filling that hole.
I know, I know, we will be using one of the 27 picks we must have if the draft is going to fill all our holes.

They could have there eye set on Werner.  Assuming Revis is a Buc by then.  I could see Werner being there at #13.
The problem is are we picking at #13 once the Revis deal goes through, nobody knows this for sure?
It would be idiotic to leave all these openings on the roster and say we will fill them with (insert player) from the draft when we don't know even know what picks we will have left or who will still be on the board.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 24, 2013, 06:43:48 PM

Bennett was on the injury list almost weekly and half of the time for the shoulder issue. I think the recovery time for football for surgery, pending how severe the tear, is 3 months but I'm not positive. As the Schefter report mentioned, he should be ready to go by TC if that recovery time is accurate.

So I'm not sure why it would hold his deal down nor why it would affect the Bucs negotiations considering some moves they have either made in the recent past or are seemingly contemplating.

The fact that he played through the cuff injury and was as productive is impressive. It should actually be an even biiger knock on us not signing him since he played so well when hurt.

What we be REALLY impressive is if it was his right shoulder but I just can't see that being possible.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 24, 2013, 06:49:37 PM

Are you serious? Do some looking around the boards.. especially the insider board that SR posted the "The Bucs made a big mastake letting Bennett go" thread.

And on the whaaa whaaa from Dolores.. not sure what thats about. I sure as hell wasnt advocating for anything of the sort.
I've read a lot of people saying they aren't happy he's gone but not because it's Bennett, it's losing what the body/production.
Even Scotts article mentions Freeney or Abraham to fill the hole.
Unless it's a long time player or big name such as Barber fans generally couldn't care less about the actual player filling the spot as long as they produce.
It's like Roy Miller, people are upset he's walked, not because he's Roy Miller and they can't stand to see him leave but because we now have yet another hole to fill and nothing has been done about it.
You fill Bennetts spot on the roster with anyonee of similar production and he will be forgotten by about week 3.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 24, 2013, 06:53:14 PM

Agree with Dalbuc.

Bennett healthy would be a difference maker. Time will tell if this was a good move or not.

danlowe748

Starter

#29 : March 24, 2013, 06:55:33 PM

It sounds like the Bucs knew of this injury even dating back to last season.   Bennett played through the injury and still had a solid season.    Had the Bucs signed him immediately following the season, he could have had the surgery immediately and would have been completely ready for opening day.   Instead, they did not extend him and he didn't have the option to get the surgery until he could get a free agent deal.   I can't blame him for not making the news public until he signed with a team.   I do think it's a little strange the Bucs didn't report the injury to the league office though.   Isn't that against the rules?

He should still be able to play this year, but it normally takes about 6 months to rehab that injury and close to a year to be back at full strength.   

I still think SR was right and that the Bucs should have signed the guy.   But what do I know?   I'm just a fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Once again message board GMs had no clue. Bennett is injured! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools