Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT mock 1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#45 : March 25, 2013, 07:30:48 PM

im not sure why you guys think this mock is so out of whack.  the draft isnt a box.  a team could easily like what trufant brings more than milliner.  a team could easily think mingo has measurables that werner doesnt.

I agree. There are no clear cut 'can't miss' players. This draft will be all over the place.

-------------------------------------------------------

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 25, 2013, 07:32:50 PM

I'd guess Austin will get plenty of snaps.  As a wr, rb, kr and PR...

Plenty of snaps.   

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 25, 2013, 07:42:54 PM

KR = Zero snaps in today's game ....and if he gets snaps at RB his smurf ass is going to be hurt before he gets plenty.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 25, 2013, 07:46:48 PM

No way.  I am reserving space on the skyway if that happens.

If we take him, am I gonna have to hop a quick flight to TPA to talk you away from the ledge?....I'd hate to miss the rest of the 1st round.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 25, 2013, 09:09:31 PM

As talented as anyone might think Tavon is , it is stupid to draft a guy that won't be an every down player 13th overall. Slot wr is not an every down player , especially in our offense, whose goal is to be a ground and pound running team.

If we already had a playoff team and could afford luxury picks , maybe. As of now ,  it won't happen.

It is not about playing him every down or half the downs at slot, it is all about match ups and creating mismatches.  Tavon Austin is a mismatch for defenses.

You must be accountable for your actions!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 25, 2013, 09:15:36 PM

As talented as anyone might think Tavon is , it is stupid to draft a guy that won't be an every down player 13th overall. Slot wr is not an every down player , especially in our offense, whose goal is to be a ground and pound running team.

If we already had a playoff team and could afford luxury picks , maybe. As of now ,  it won't happen.

It is not about playing him every down or half the downs at slot, it is all about match ups and creating mismatches.  Tavon Austin is a mismatch for defenses.

yeah but our defense is so bad that my slow, white, out of shape ass is a mismatch for them. we need defense tavon austin isnt what we need right now

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#51 : March 25, 2013, 09:23:16 PM

yeah but our defense is so bad that my slow, white, out of shape ass is a mismatch for them. we need defense tavon austin isnt what we need right now

I understand the Bucs' defense needs help at CB and DL...however, I am not inclined to reach for a player just to fill a need...

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 25, 2013, 09:29:22 PM

i just dont view slot as a need this high. im still thinking if we want a slot guy to target conner vernon in the 5th. excellent player and can be had later on allowing us to take impact players early. at this point any corner or DE is not a reach. if you dont take trufant or rhodes here they will be gone by the time we pick again and the next tier of corners are significantly less talented

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 25, 2013, 09:31:05 PM

BPA is the only real way to justify Austin...

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#54 : March 25, 2013, 09:33:59 PM

there is no justification for picking austin. its a matt millen-esqe move

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#55 : March 25, 2013, 09:35:48 PM

there is no justification for picking austin. its a matt millen-esqe move

ouch

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 25, 2013, 09:36:11 PM

i just dont view slot as a need this high. im still thinking if we want a slot guy to target conner vernon in the 5th. excellent player and can be had later on allowing us to take impact players early. at this point any corner or DE is not a reach. if you dont take trufant or rhodes here they will be gone by the time we pick again and the next tier of corners are significantly less talented

I personally do not view Vernon as a game changer or matchup challenge for DCs...nice player, yes.  And a 5th rounder would be worth taking him if Austin is not selected earlier.

I disagree that there is a drop in talent at the CB once Millner, Trufant, and Rhodes are off the board...relative to the drop off between Tavon Austin and the next speed/talent/size player like a Marquise Goodwin.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#57 : March 25, 2013, 09:36:30 PM

Lol...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#58 : March 25, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

At least you didn't say a tannenbaumesque move...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#59 : March 25, 2013, 09:38:40 PM

I understand the Bucs' defense needs help at CB and DL...however, I am not inclined to reach for a player just to fill a need...
There will be players at both of those positions that can be chosen without being considered a reach.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT mock 1.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools