Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT mock 1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 25, 2013, 09:39:50 PM

i just dont view slot as a need this high. im still thinking if we want a slot guy to target conner vernon in the 5th. excellent player and can be had later on allowing us to take impact players early. at this point any corner or DE is not a reach. if you dont take trufant or rhodes here they will be gone by the time we pick again and the next tier of corners are significantly less talented

I personally do not view Vernon as a game changer or matchup challenge for DCs...nice player, yes.  And a 5th rounder would be worth taking him if Austin is not selected earlier.

I disagree that there is a drop in talent at the CB once Millner, Trufant, and Rhodes are off the board...relative to the drop off between Tavon Austin and the next speed/talent/size player like a Marquise Goodwin.

im not looking for a game changer in the slot. Vjax is the gamebreaker wide receiver with williams as the complement. im just looking for a solid reliable player in the slot which is what vernon is. a guy that doesnt drop the ball and moves the chains. sure a guy with game breaking speed would be great but i just think it comes at the expense of other areas of this team.

we arent going to outscore people. we dont have drew brees as  our qb so i just think we have got to get better on defense and solidify the offense with a solid slot receiver and a TE. we wont be any better next year if we still cant stop anyone. frighteningly enough weve gotten worse on defense in my opinion because we let DL players go

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 25, 2013, 09:40:36 PM

As talented as anyone might think Tavon is , it is stupid to draft a guy that won't be an every down player 13th overall. Slot wr is not an every down player , especially in our offense, whose goal is to be a ground and pound running team.

If we already had a playoff team and could afford luxury picks , maybe. As of now ,  it won't happen.

It is not about playing him every down or half the downs at slot, it is all about match ups and creating mismatches.  Tavon Austin is a mismatch for defenses.

yeah but our defense is so bad that my slow, white, out of shape ass is a mismatch for them. we need defense tavon austin isnt what we need right now

I understand the Bucs' defense needs help at CB and DL...however, I am not inclined to reach for a player just to fill a need...
There will be players at both of those positions that can be chosen without being considered a reach.

I respectfully disagree...there is not another skill player in this draft like Tavon Austin.

You must be accountable for your actions!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 25, 2013, 09:40:36 PM

At least you didn't say a tannenbaumesque move...

you mean like eric wright's contract..........................

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 25, 2013, 09:46:45 PM

Dex - you're on fire sir.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 25, 2013, 10:00:18 PM

I don't think there's any way to justify picking Austin.

I still kind of hope it happens, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#65 : March 25, 2013, 10:09:45 PM

I don't think there's any way to justify picking Austin.

best player available?

-------------------------------------------------------

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#66 : March 25, 2013, 10:12:39 PM

I'm all for BPA, but I don't think this draft is tiered clearly enough to say that one person at #13 will clearly be BPA over another. Keep in mind, I watch no college football and only follow the combine and mock drafts.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 25, 2013, 10:22:59 PM

I'm all for BPA, but I don't think this draft is tiered clearly enough to say that one person at #13 will clearly be BPA over another. Keep in mind, I watch no college football and only follow the combine and mock drafts.

That explains your EJ comments earlier.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#68 : March 25, 2013, 10:30:09 PM

Hey, I might not be an expert scout like you are, but I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is! I'll bet a dollar that EJ goes in the first round!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#69 : March 25, 2013, 10:30:58 PM

As talented as anyone might think Tavon is , it is stupid to draft a guy that won't be an every down player 13th overall. Slot wr is not an every down player , especially in our offense, whose goal is to be a ground and pound running team.

If we already had a playoff team and could afford luxury picks , maybe. As of now ,  it won't happen.

It is not about playing him every down or half the downs at slot, it is all about match ups and creating mismatches.  Tavon Austin is a mismatch for defenses.

yeah but our defense is so bad that my slow, white, out of shape ass is a mismatch for them. we need defense tavon austin isnt what we need right now

I understand the Bucs' defense needs help at CB and DL...however, I am not inclined to reach for a player just to fill a need...
There will be players at both of those positions that can be chosen without being considered a reach.

I respectfully disagree...there is not another skill player in this draft like Tavon Austin.

Well we certainly don't disagree on Austin as a playmaker. I love the dude...but there will be several DEs, DTs, and CBs that will go 14-19 if we pass them up. Us taking any of those positions would not qualify as a reach, IMO.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#70 : March 25, 2013, 10:32:03 PM

Hey, I might not be an expert scout like you are, but I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is! I'll bet a dollar that EJ goes in the first round!

Easy cowboy...saddle off and chill out.   Not a scout just an observer of some over the top comments.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#71 : March 25, 2013, 10:32:59 PM

LOL, my comment read like it was written by someone that needs to chill out?

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#72 : March 25, 2013, 10:34:50 PM

Well we certainly don't disagree on Austin as a playmaker. I love the dude...but there will be several DEs, DTs, and CBs that will go 14-19 if we pass them up. Us taking any of those positions would not qualify as a reach, IMO.

And if we find a wiling trade partner and move downin the draft to get better value for one of those positions, I am all for it...Austin is the pick, hopefully, if we stay at 13 and the OT's are off the board.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#73 : March 26, 2013, 12:47:39 AM

Taking Austin at 13 is not a reach, and he IS an every down player. This kid is so explosive, we're gonna regret passing on him just like we passed on Harvin

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#74 : March 26, 2013, 01:51:19 AM

Who regrets passing on Harvin, though?

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT mock 1.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools