Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official My Prayers Have Been Answered Thread « previous next »
Page: 1

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
: March 25, 2013, 10:15:49 AM

Yes, I realize that it has been a few days pass but i just need to let everybody know that I felt like a kid on Christmas when I found out that E J " Motherfreaking" Biggers signed elsewhere.  I guess he was a little surprised when he asked the BUCS if they were gonna match the offer he got and they offered him a bus ticket to Washington.  Mark the day this happened.  It should be a local holiday and Dom should be given the key to the city or at least the key to the bathroom at some crappy gas station on Nebraska.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : March 25, 2013, 05:03:35 PM

no big celebration until I see who we get to take his place - along w/ several of the other holes this teams has......

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 25, 2013, 06:21:53 PM

Because Gorer is better?

I am guessing that after a few games with Myron Lewis and Leonard Johnson starting you will be wishing he did allow the Bucs to match.

I really did like Biggers personally. ...at least compared to talib wright gorer lj, etc.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#3 : March 25, 2013, 07:19:31 PM

Biggers wasn't really that bad. He was just an easy target for us fans to complain about. That being said I don't think losing him is going to cause us too much issues. I still think we're going to address the cb situation in a big way before the season starts. At least I hope we do

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 26, 2013, 10:42:42 AM

The Bucs obviously are in no rush to plug in any CB available in free agency. Also obvious is the fact that they absolutely will dedicate one or more early picks to the position. They have already changed the position coach, and they did change their tactics in the final game with positive results against one of the better QBs and two of the better receivers in the league. The talent was questionable. The coaching was questionable. The scheme was questionable. It just might be that the only factor left that needs an upgrade is the personnel. That can be done without Revis, and it appears that Biggers is not what Schiano had in mind, even for depth. I'm sure there is a plan in place, and I'm sure there are variables within that plan. I can't wait to see how this plays out. The draft will be another huge surprise for all of us. 2013 is going to be a fun year for Buccaneer fans. I have a sneaking su**CENSORED**ion the Redskins are going to struggle.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 26, 2013, 10:52:09 AM

1sparkybuc, I think you are spot on. Plan A is to trade for Revis but as each day goes by, it seems less likely unless Idzik blinks first. Plan B would be to draft two CBś in the first four rounds, someone like Rhodes, Trufant or Honeybadger, along with DL help like Star Lietui,Werner, etc. Later rounds would be for depth along the Oline, then Dom conductts his second season raaiding practice squads and we go to camp.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 26, 2013, 10:54:20 AM

Biggers wasn't really that bad. He was just an easy target for us fans to complain about. That being said I don't think losing him is going to cause us too much issues. I still think we're going to address the cb situation in a big way before the season starts. At least I hope we do

Spot on. Every word.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Piratic

Starter

#7 : March 26, 2013, 12:19:15 PM

Prayers have never been answered, and they never will be.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 26, 2013, 12:59:07 PM

My prayers have been answered: The glazers sold the team to Debartlo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#9 : March 26, 2013, 01:18:28 PM

No I am serious I prayed that they would PLEASE get rid of him.  I don't want to get a back & forth going but seriously....anyone and I mean anyone that would even utter the words "He isn't that bad" has a thing or two to learn about football. He is the worst CB I have ever watched. The guy actually single handedly lost games for us. 2011 was much worse than 2012, I will give him that.  In the 2011 season I couldn't watch Drew Brees embarass him or us anymore.  Teams knew if they wanted to put the nail in our coffin just repeatedly throw at Biggers 60-70% of the time and they would be putting up TD's.  I don't mean to insult anybody but the truth is what it is.....he is one of the big reasons our pass D the last 2 seasons was unbearable to watch.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 26, 2013, 01:21:32 PM

Id take EJ over what we have now...

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 26, 2013, 01:57:09 PM

No I am serious I prayed that they would PLEASE get rid of him.  I don't want to get a back & forth going but seriously....anyone and I mean anyone that would even utter the words "He isn't that bad" has a thing or two to learn about football. He is the worst CB I have ever watched. The guy actually single handedly lost games for us. 2011 was much worse than 2012, I will give him that.  In the 2011 season I couldn't watch Drew Brees embarass him or us anymore.  Teams knew if they wanted to put the nail in our coffin just repeatedly throw at Biggers 60-70% of the time and they would be putting up TD's.  I don't mean to insult anybody but the truth is what it is.....he is one of the big reasons our pass D the last 2 seasons was unbearable to watch.

Biggers is the worst CB you've ever watched?  Because statements like that make me think YOU have a thing or two to learn about football.  Biggers wasn't even the worst (or second-worst) corner on this TEAM last year.

He catches a lot of crap for whatever reason, but the fact of the matter is that EJ was an ordinary player on an extraordinarily bad defense (with the league's worst pass rush).  You put him in the nickel with the 49ers or the Seahawks, and he wouldn't stand out -- in a good way or a bad way.

He's no All-Pro, but he's certainly not the Arena-league reject you make him out to be.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 26, 2013, 02:09:20 PM

Biggers is the worst CB you've ever watched?  Because statements like that make me think YOU have a thing or two to learn about football.  Biggers wasn't even the worst (or second-worst) corner on this TEAM last year.

He catches a lot of crap for whatever reason, but the fact of the matter is that EJ was an ordinary player on an extraordinarily bad defense (with the league's worst pass rush).  You put him in the nickel with the 49ers or the Seahawks, and he wouldn't stand out -- in a good way or a bad way.

He's no All-Pro, but he's certainly not the Arena-league reject you make him out to be.

Exactly. EJ was the best CB on the Bucs in 2012. Hands down. People let their preconceived thoughts of EJ cloud that fact. Yea, I'm not upset that he is gone. He was an average CB, and certainly should not be a #1 or #2 Cb in this league, but there have been plently of worse CBs that have previously been Buccaneers. Hell, right now, Biggers would be the best CB on the roster. Yes. Better than Wright. Better than LJ. Better than Gorrer...etc.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official My Prayers Have Been Answered Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools