Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 25, 2013, 01:49:01 PM

So basically whether you agree with letting Miller and Bennett walk or not, whether you agree with passing on all the top free agent CBs or not, whther you are hoping we get Revis or not....the question now is why are we not making any attempt to get better in the "value" period of free agency? We can't possibly fill all of our needs through the draft, so why aren't we signing guys in attempt to improve depth and fill some obvious needs? I really just don't understand. We've signed too many expensive "older" free agents to go back to "build solely through the draft" plan. So what gives?

1. Its not a foregone conclusion that we are not "making any attempt to get better" it is just that nothing has happened yet, but the whole market is slow. There's time

2. It would not surprise me if we tried to fill many of those gaps through the draft because this is the new NFL with middle of the road guys (like Miller) getting squeezed by the new CBA.  Drafted talent comes cheap for four or five years.  I would not be surpised to see us draft a DE at #13 or, if available, a top CB, and that includes moving up (depending  of course on the Revis trade)\

3. Is a guy like Grimes sitting quiet because of his injury/age or because the Bucs have expressed an interest depending on Revis (or even with Revis). It could be that Revis is slowing down the market for a bunch of these guys.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 25, 2013, 01:59:09 PM

Geez.  Another overreaction.  More impatience.  Calm down.  Relax.  Everything will be fine.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 25, 2013, 02:04:48 PM

JDouble, just a thought. It could be that the whole Revis thing is in fact a smoke screen and the draft is the primary focus. Possibly Schiano feels that after the Atlanta game, the DBś aren as bad as advertised. Think about it, why would he sign a safety like Gholston when the CBś were so bad. Why would he let Bennett and Miller walk if Star Lietui or someone else is not in the plans. Possibly Schiano feels that he can get Rhodes, trufant or Honey Badger and go from there. Something is up and none of us know. I ceertainly have zero idea. The whole CB free agent thing makes no sense.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#33 : March 25, 2013, 02:08:04 PM

Interesting post Jdub, and I agree with some of it. What I have gotten from all the Tampa writers is that the Bucs are happy with Clay and Bowers as STARTERS, so you can stop hoping for Osi/Freeney/Abraham. Maybe Abraham would want to be a backup, but I bet he'd choose a Super Bowl contender over us if he's a backup.
All the writers have also said that Casillas IS being signed to play the SAM, so whether u disagree with that, well that's your choice.
Also for the DTackle position, even though I want Tavon Austin at 13, it is my belief that Dom wants to trade next years 1st (for Revis), so that he can draft a Star/Richardson at 13 this year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 25, 2013, 02:17:29 PM

With the SAM debate, it kinda a chicken/egg thing. Is the Sam unimportant because ours suck? Or do ours suck because it isn't important?

Something tells me if we had a Elvis Dumervil type guy playing SAM and he was getting lots of pressure and sacks, the SAM position could play a pretty big role. I mean, it's not like we don't blitz the SAM often....we do. We just don't have anyone that can get to the QB so we end up playing defense with 10 guys because Black/Watson/Heyward are being swallowed by an offensive lineman and have no effect on the play.

who are the notable SAM LB's in the league? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 25, 2013, 02:18:22 PM

No need to be confused.  There are professionals in the front office that know more than you do.  They wouldn't ever make a mistake, so rest easy.

Plus, I have it on good authority that, on paper, CB and DL are already better than last season.  Don't ask how that's even possible, seeing as how no players have been added at DL or CB.  That's how good this FO is.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 25, 2013, 02:19:06 PM

I think the pursuit of Revis has frozen all other monetary commitments due to how much he'll command in salary plus the knowledge of future salaries that need to be done.

i think the Bucs would have a pretty good idea of what it would take to sign revis, so i would also think they know just about exactly how much more theyd have to play with.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 25, 2013, 02:54:36 PM

Geez.  Another overreaction.  More impatience.  Calm down.  Relax.  Everything will be fine.

What exactly about my OP is an over reaction? I stated the facts as I see them to this point, and explained why I am confused. The end.

How am I being impatient? This isn't a thread screaming for us to sign every high priced big name out there in the first few days. This thread is about signing experienced vets to cheap deals in the third week of free agency so they can compete in camp and improve our depth.

Also, why do I need to calm down? Did I come off in my OP like I was enraged? If so, I apologize. I wasn't. I was simply stating the facts as I see them and explaining why I was confused.

If "Everything will be fine" then I am curious as to why you post here? These forums are here to discuss the Buccaneers. If your position is to follow blindly and question nothing because "everything will be fine".....then these forums don't seem like the right place for you. Just sayin.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 25, 2013, 02:56:55 PM

Anomaly forgot the sarcasm font

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 25, 2013, 02:57:00 PM

Interesting post Jdub, and I agree with some of it. What I have gotten from all the Tampa writers is that the Bucs are happy with Clay and Bowers as STARTERS, so you can stop hoping for Osi/Freeney/Abraham. Maybe Abraham would want to be a backup, but I bet he'd choose a Super Bowl contender over us if he's a backup.

All three of those guys are being signed as situational pass rushers, not three down contributors. Where ever they sign. At least that is what I read and what makes sense.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 25, 2013, 02:57:35 PM

No need to be confused.  There are professionals in the front office that know more than you do.  They wouldn't ever make a mistake, so rest easy.

Failing basic logic again

Professional = no mistakes???

Generally speaking when you type something like that it should be obvious you're typing junk. I am sure plenty of people have noted that the FO has access to more information that a bunch of guys on a message board. Can you find any poster saying that makes them infallible?

Silly stuff really, arguing against your own made up nonsense. Plenty of actual posts to argue against

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 25, 2013, 02:57:36 PM

Anomaly forgot the sarcasm font

Oh....uh.....me too?  :D

If he was being sarcastic, then disregard and direct the entire post towards whoever he was making fun of with sarcastic impersonation.
: March 25, 2013, 03:02:20 PM JDouble

acacius

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 25, 2013, 03:01:53 PM

Failing basic logic again
Failing sarcasm detection again

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 25, 2013, 03:02:59 PM

Yeah....even I realized Biggs was being sarcastic on that one!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 25, 2013, 03:14:15 PM

In fairness, Vin clearly knew Biggs wasn't being sincere.  But "failure to recognize that hyperbole is a valid rhetorical device and that we are not engaged in a strictly moderated debate" didn't have quite the same ring to it.  ;-)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools