Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#75 : March 26, 2013, 08:35:39 AM

EJ because he is big, athletic, has a strong arm, and has displayed good leadership.

Good leadership ?? FSU lost just about every big game they were in under Manuel , lol

...and his bouts of inaccuracy are atrocious .  When he is off , he is scary off. For anyone who hates Josh Freman I'm not sure why you would entertain going after the poor man's Josh Freeman.

wow you are so off base about EJ's leadership that its hilarious. Manuel is a great leader. he was respected by everyone on the team at FSU and when he spoke people listened.

his leadership isnt what cost us game. jimbo fisher's poor playcalling and EJ's inconsistency cost us games. ill allow you to jump on him about his accuracy issues because that is a fair point.

Manuel was one of the best leaders ive ever seen at FSU. if his play on the field matched his leadership ability FSU probably would have won a national title. unfortunately it didnt happen

and for the record i think taking EJ manuel in the 1st round is a reach and a big gamble, especially if Buffalo is stupid enough to do it at 8. i dont like any of the qbs in this draft in the 1st.
: March 26, 2013, 07:12:47 PM dexmonkey

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#76 : March 26, 2013, 10:12:22 PM

The WR depth has been allowed to be systematically dismantled.  The Bucs needed a true #1 to be added (and they did so with Vincent Jackson) but they pretty much nullified that move by moving on from third down sure handed WR's like Parker, and Briscoe. Throw in the trading of Benn when the Bucs need to retain as much deep threats as possible on the roster for deep post or go routes and this isn't looking good. Sammie Stroughter remains unsigned and the Bucs organization is complaining about the slot position...ironically they are the ones that put themselves in such a precarious situation.  Trading Benn was a good move, but brining Olgetree to replace him is a downgrade (think Maurice Stovall).  These type of inconsistencies can be found throughout most of the Bucs roster moves the last year and a half.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : March 26, 2013, 10:20:57 PM

Good slot recievers can usually be found later in the draft and there seems to be quite a few this year. I'm not too worried about that.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 26, 2013, 11:40:21 PM

I think a lot of the remaining guys are up there in age and don't want to have to do things like OTAs, training camps, or at least be in limited participation.

That immediately takes them off of Schianos list because he wouldn't give guys like Winslow and Barber those breaks. One stayed and manned up, the other was sent packing.

That's what Ive worried about as far as finding a decent vet DE. Schiano doesn't seem like type that would ever cave to a demand like that, yet a lot of older guys are looking for that special type of treatment.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#79 : March 27, 2013, 12:17:44 AM

Oh quit being such a whiny ass Jdub.

You know none of those guys are "Buccaneer men".

We're just going to sit back and watch all those other teams sign those worthless,  lazy bums who don't want to work hard.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : March 27, 2013, 12:21:23 AM

Oh quit being such a whiny ass Jdub.

Weren't you just preaching about name calling and having intellectual debates?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#81 : March 27, 2013, 12:30:15 AM

Dude,  your sarcasm detector is completely broken.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#82 : March 27, 2013, 01:05:54 AM

The only thing I can think of is the Dom has 2 plans

1. Trade for Revis, pay him huge money, draft Star or Tyler Eifert with the 1st round pick. These guys just scream buccaneer men, I just have a gut feeling the pick is going to be Eifert...he just seems like the ideal Schiano player. Hard worker, spotless off the field, tough and a leader. Plus with guys like Gronk and Graham he just justify the pick.

2. If the Revis trade falls thru, trade down (for a team that wants to reach on Star or Jones), pick up Rhodes or Trufant, and sign a vet like Trufant (the older one) or Winfield. 

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#83 : March 27, 2013, 01:23:53 AM

The only thing I can think of is the Dom has 2 plans

1. Trade for Revis, pay him huge money, draft Star or Tyler Eifert with the 1st round pick. These guys just scream buccaneer men, I just have a gut feeling the pick is going to be Eifert...he just seems like the ideal Schiano player. Hard worker, spotless off the field, tough and a leader. Plus with guys like Gronk and Graham he just justify the pick.

2. If the Revis trade falls thru, trade down (for a team that wants to reach on Star or Jones), pick up Rhodes or Trufant, and sign a vet like Trufant (the older one) or Winfield.
ill go with plan 1, Make it happen Dom....

#Mikey2Quarters

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#84 : March 27, 2013, 07:59:43 AM

EJ because he is big, athletic, has a strong arm, and has displayed good leadership.

Good leadership ?? FSU lost just about every big game they were in under Manuel , lol

...and his bouts of inaccuracy are atrocious .  When he is off , he is scary off. For anyone who hates Josh Freman I'm not sure why you would entertain going after the poor man's Josh Freeman.

wow you are so off base about EJ's leadership that its hilarious. Manuel is a great leader. he was respected by everyone on the team at FSU and when he spoke people listened.

his leadership isnt what cost us game. jimbo fisher's poor playcalling and EJ's inconsistency cost us games. ill allow you to jump on him about his accuracy issues because that is a fair point.

Manuel was one of the best leaders ive ever seen at FSU. if his play on the field matched his leadership ability FSU probably would have won a national title. unfortunately it didnt happen

and for the record i think taking EJ manuel in the 1st round is a reach and a big gamble, especially if Buffalo is stupid enough to do it at 8. i dont like any of the qbs in this draft in the 1st.

You'd think a great leader could have come up big in more big games, especially on a team as talented as that ....just sayin. Bottom line is the guy is a garbage can.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#85 : March 27, 2013, 08:01:33 AM

Dude,  your sarcasm detector is completely broken.

Dude, you posts are usually so out there and ridiculously stupid that nobody can tell if you are joking.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#86 : March 27, 2013, 09:23:49 AM

Dom can kiss his job goodbye if he drafts a TE in the first round....

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#87 : March 27, 2013, 09:39:00 AM

You'd think a great leader could have come up big in more big games, especially on a team as talented as that ....just sayin. Bottom line is the guy is a garbage can.

you do realize theres a difference between leadership and talent right? too many factors involved to blame only the qb. poor playcalling, poor situational coaching, subpar offensive line play, poor receiving talent etc etc

i know you are hating because you cant possibly be this dumb

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#88 : March 27, 2013, 09:59:18 AM

Is someone with subpar talent a leader or a cheerleader? All the rah-rah and talk doesnt mean much if you cant back it up or propell others around you to raise their game. Ill giv you the questionable play calling though.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#89 : March 27, 2013, 11:26:40 AM

Is someone with subpar talent a leader or a cheerleader? All the rah-rah and talk doesnt mean much if you cant back it up or propell others around you to raise their game. Ill giv you the questionable play calling though.

hes not subpar, just not good enough to overcome the other things. Manuel isnt an andrew luck type that can take lesser players and elevate their play. he needs talented guys to succeed. his inconsistency was maddening and he made bad decisions when his protection broke down, which it often did because the FSU OL sucks really bad.

he showed in some games the ability to lead the team back in the face of a loss. the 09 bowl game against west virginia he led us back and beat them when we should have lost. he also led a great comeback against notre dame in 2011 when the first half was a disaster and he made big time plays to extend drives and score. his problem is he shows flashes of brilliance and then flashes of WTF moments. not a 1st round grade IMO
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am confused. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools