Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#120 : March 27, 2013, 08:16:06 PM

For the record...I didn't say keep it in the closet. That was chronic.

It's basically the same thing, though. Any player that is out of the closet is going to be known about in the locker room, which is what you're saying isn't a good idea. You can't be an "out" NFL player without it being a huge story and being known in the locker, regardless of what your goal is.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#121 : March 27, 2013, 08:16:15 PM

Maybe the commissioner should make the black guys wear white makeup. I mean, we don't need to know a person's race. It's irrelevant to the game and it might not be accepted by his teammates and fans. I mean, let's consider that it might make people feel uncomfortable. :)

? ? ?

That's lame equating "skin color" with "sexual preference". 

Very ignorant, imo.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#122 : March 27, 2013, 08:22:49 PM

Is Randall Gay still playing? Cause that would be funny.

It's like, ".....I knew it all this time man!"

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#123 : March 27, 2013, 08:49:44 PM

For the record...I didn't say keep it in the closet. That was chronic.

It's basically the same thing, though. Any player that is out of the closet is going to be known about in the locker room, which is what you're saying isn't a good idea. You can't be an "out" NFL player without it being a huge story and being known in the locker, regardless of what your goal is.

Sure you can. You go about your life and keep your love life out of the limelight. If the paparazzi takes pics of you and your boyfriend and asks questions, you say "Mind your business" It doesn't have to be a big deal unless you make it a big deal.

It's really no different than a straight player being asked about rumors of him dating a certain female celebrity. He can decide to make his love life public, or he can say "mind your business"

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#124 : March 27, 2013, 08:51:43 PM

If, say, Calvin Johnson decided to come out of the closet and be in a relationship with a man, how long before that would be known everywhere and in every locker room?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#125 : March 27, 2013, 08:55:13 PM

If, say, Calvin Johnson decided to come out of the closet and be in a relationship with a man, how long before that would be known everywhere and in every locker room?

There wouldn't be any negative outcry in that prison cellblock that is the lions locker room. They know who their meal ticket is.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#126 : March 27, 2013, 08:58:41 PM

???

There wouldn't be any negative outcry in that prison cellblock that is the lions locker room. They know who their meal ticket is.
I'd put money on Suh being a tough guy that had a problem sharing a locker with a (insert insulting term here).
I wouldn't put anything past that pea brain.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#127 : March 27, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

My point was that you can't separate the locker room from coming out of the closet. It's too big of a story and would find its way to work.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#128 : March 28, 2013, 12:09:46 AM

Well you are disgusting and we still accept you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#129 : March 28, 2013, 12:42:19 AM

???

I'd put money on Suh being a tough guy that had a problem sharing a locker with a (insert insulting term here).

that is quite the assumption based on.....??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#130 : March 28, 2013, 01:00:20 AM

Ridiculous thread. Gay people need to make a decision, be treated equally, or hold a press conference to let everyone know something they couldn't care less about to begin with. When straight people start feeling the need to go  on record that they're straight, I'll accept gays doing the same thing. Until then I'll just stick to my belief that many gay people choose to be that way because they desperately need attention.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#131 : March 28, 2013, 01:03:20 AM

Until then I'll just stick to my belief that many gay people choose to be that way because they desperately need attention.

Damn!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#132 : March 28, 2013, 07:58:03 AM

???

that is quite the assumption based on.....??
Based off his previous actions and refusal to own up to mistakes he's made.
He seems like a complete turd of a person.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#133 : March 28, 2013, 09:28:14 AM

While Suh does seem to be a d0uche, and one of the sh*ttier people in football...you could probably make that assumption that he is prone to many negative human behaviors. "Suh probably f*cks his friend's wives", "Suh probably drowns kittens", "Suh most likely sits alone in a room listening to old Barbara Streisand records", "I wouldn't be surprised if Suh performed fetal evictions on the weekends..for free", "I could see Suh buying a random child and ice cream cone in the park..and as the kid goes to take the first bite, Suh smashes the ice cream into the kids face. He the would probably lean down and say 'f*ck you kid, you should kill yourself..you aren't worthy of this f*cking ice cream"..etc

Not disagreeing about his supposed sh*ttiness...but there probably isn't any more evidence that he is a homophobe, than he is a kitten murderer.
: March 28, 2013, 09:32:53 AM chace1986

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#134 : March 28, 2013, 09:34:25 AM

While Suh does seem to be a d0uche, and one of the sh*ttier people in football...you could probably make that assumption that he is prone to many negative human behavior. "Suh probably f*cks his friend's wives", "Suh probably drowns kittens", "Suh most likely sits alone in a room listening to old Barbara Streisand records", "I would be surprised if Suh performed fetal evictions on the weekends..for free"...etc

Not disagreeing about his supposed sh*ttiness...but there probably isn't any more evidence that he is a homophobe, than he is a kitten murderer.
I wouldn't say he fits any of those listed, there are different types of d0uche and he fits in the "I must act tough & macho" mold.
Sleeping with wives or drowning kittens doesn't fit that, homophobic reactions fit perfectly with that mindset.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools