Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 25, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »

If he’s gay, he shouldn’t be ostracized in any way. His lifestyle, whether or not you agree with it, should not affect the way he is treated as a teammate and certainly won’t have any affect on the way he plays the game(unless he gets a ton of hatred going his way, which would be unfortunate). He should be respected for the way he plays football and the impact he has on the community; his decisions aren’t my business or anyone else’s.

With that being said, the same thing applies to the media who is literally foaming at the mouth waiting for the player to come out so they can champion his cause and be seen as flag bearers for equality. I have no issue with the media covering it and defending him when necessary, but it’s annoying that the media is already prepared to make him a hero despite not even knowing who he is yet. If he shouldn’t be judged for simply being who he is, he also shouldn’t be deified for it either.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 25, 2013, 09:51:01 PM »

lmao @ 'comming out gay'

-------------------------------------------------------

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #17 : March 25, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »

Heaven Help Us. Hope it's not a Bucs player-- that would be soooo gay.

I remember when it was legal to throw rocks at gays.

I guess it would be "illegal" to yell gay slurs at the player at a game?? Sad.

You need therapy..

gone

Hall of Famer
« #18 : March 25, 2013, 10:04:54 PM »

I could really care less..  Still, I'm sick of this attitude that society should throw a fricking parade every time someone comes out of the closet.

And no, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Josh.  Of course, suppose he does come out and we don't renew his contract.  Wouldn't that be fun times in the media.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #19 : March 25, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

If he’s gay, he shouldn’t be ostracized in any way. His lifestyle, whether or not you agree with it, should not affect the way he is treated as a teammate and certainly won’t have any affect on the way he plays the game(unless he gets a ton of hatred going his way, which would be unfortunate). He should be respected for the way he plays football and the impact he has on the community; his decisions aren’t my business or anyone else’s.

With that being said, the same thing applies to the media who is literally foaming at the mouth waiting for the player to come out so they can champion his cause and be seen as flag bearers for equality. I have no issue with the media covering it and defending him when necessary, but it’s annoying that the media is already prepared to make him a hero despite not even knowing who he is yet. If he shouldn’t be judged for simply being who he is, he also shouldn’t be deified for it either.

I don't understand why they want to make a big deal about it. I have no problems with a player being gay but why does he need special media attention for it? If they want to be just like everybody else, why make a big deal about announcing it? The media wants this so bad. I only care if our players can run tackle and score, other than that, who cares?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #20 : March 25, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »

I don't understand why they want to make a big deal about it. I have no problems with a player being gay but why does he need special media attention for it? If they want to be just like everybody else, why make a big deal about announcing it? The media wants this so bad. I only care if our players can run tackle and score, other than that, who cares?

It's because the media is A. constantly looking for stories that will get people to tune in(i.e. controversies), and B. they are constantly looking for opportunities to appear enlightened and ahead of the social curve. And I agree with you, I have no issue with it. If he can play football well, bring him in and I'll celebrate him for that. If he sucks, I don't want him on the team because he sucks(but not that kind of suck ;) ).

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 25, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »

I could really care less..  Still, I'm sick of this attitude that society should throw a fricking parade every time someone comes out of the closet.

And no, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Josh.  Of course, suppose he does come out and we don't renew his contract.  Wouldn't that be fun times in the media.

True.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #22 : March 25, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »

It's because the media is A. constantly looking for stories that will get people to tune in(i.e. controversies), and B. they are constantly looking for opportunities to appear enlightened and ahead of the social curve. And I agree with you, I have no issue with it. If he can play football well, bring him in and I'll celebrate him for that. If he sucks, I don't want him on the team because he sucks(but not that kind of suck ;) ).

That's right, if he can score touchdowns or get sack the QB I could care less which direction he rows his boat in.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 25, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »

It's true, man.

Homosexuality is a blight on Society.
It always has been, and it always will be-- no matter how many people cave in to their wishes.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 26, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »

It's hard to ignore that clown if you guys are going to quote him!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

swamp_bats

Starter
« #25 : March 26, 2013, 12:09:10 AM »

wow, some of the ignorance being posted here is unbelievable. Comparing being a pedophile which is someone who is a criminal and hurts children to someone is gay is beyond ridiculous. And for the people saying that they don't understand why it is a bug deal or deserves attention if an athlete comes out just needs to read these idiot posters to understand why it is a big deal. For as far as we have come as a society it is amassing that being gay is the one thing people still have to be scared of being. The way we look at the civil rites movement of the past and think to ourselves that it should have been that way from the start is the way people will look back on this behavior in the future and say, why couldn't gays marry? who does it hurt? why can't women vote? why were blacks slaves? Hopefully someday it won't be a story when a NFL player comes out as gay, but once upon a time it was a story when blacks played sports. We still have a long way to go and the fools that posted this trash prove it. And yes I'm straight.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 26, 2013, 12:09:28 AM »

Given TCHA's posting history...I gotta believe that he is just trying to make waves.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #27 : March 26, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »

Methinks Chronic doth protest too much.

"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an a**hole."
Morgan Freeman didn't really say this, but it still applies.

smithcar

Starter

« #28 : March 26, 2013, 12:55:10 AM »

Who cares if the guy is gay, it shouldn't effect his status as a player. It likely will but shouldn't. Hopefully he will still be able to play and not be labeled in anyway.  There are gay people in every walk of life so I would assume there are several in the NFL.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 26, 2013, 01:29:06 AM »

There is nothing wrong with saying gay is gross to him. Although maybe he could be a bit more cautious as to how he preaches it.

I like ladies, and anything other than that is pretty gross to me. Sorry, but it is. Maybe gay guys think I'm gross for pulverizing the tang? Idk.. See, easy.

With that said, I still believe people should live and let live. It should not be this big of a deal honestly. There are tons of homosexuals in European sports, plenty of movie stars are openly gay (tell me tom cruse and will Farrell aren't at least a tad bit bi), musicians galore, and even politicians (although, it usually ruins their careers).

It isn't right to cast judgment on others, but you can have restrictions as to what YOU like sexually. If free came out and said he was, big damn deal. It's not like I'd actually see that in action, so, so what? I honestly don't see why people care about who is is someone else's bed at night.

Plus, having a gay QB would have craptalking bonuses if we win. Just saying for comedy sake. You have to know ahead of time there would be a lot of jokes thrown about.

I can hear it in my head now... Spoolos (after bucs win SB with JF): "can I shower with you free?"
« : March 26, 2013, 01:33:34 AM Benchwarmer#1 »
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A current NFL player considering comming out gay within the next few months « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools