Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 25, 2013, 08:55:21 PM

Playoffs or get the hell outta here. You and Dom!

bucball1

Rookie

#16 : March 25, 2013, 09:04:24 PM

Too the Revis point it seems that everyone besides the Tampa bay buccaneers an the fans .Believe this would be a bad trade let the jets keep him this year. An end with nothing just like the Cleveland cavaliers did with lebron James because they can't use the franchise tag on him again. So just wait an just get him for a contract next year they will still have the money. If Freeman play well that's a big if you have the money to pay him an Revis an still build the team threw the draft. Now thats good management Revis of all people know that the bucs want him an they will still want him next after coming off an injury he would have a full yr to heal on the jets

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 25, 2013, 09:11:15 PM

Too the Revis point it seems that everyone besides the Tampa bay buccaneers an the fans .Believe this would be a bad trade let the jets keep him this year. An end with nothing just like the Cleveland cavaliers did with lebron James because they can't use the franchise tag on him again. So just wait an just get him for a contract next year they will still have the money. If Freeman play well that's a big if you have the money to pay him an Revis an still build the team threw the draft. Now thats good management Revis of all people know that the bucs want him an they will still want him next after coming off an injury he would have a full yr to heal on the jets

James went to Miami in a sign and trade...fyi.

pljlsplltt

Second String

#18 : March 25, 2013, 09:14:36 PM

If Revis hits the open market your really talking about having to overpay for a player, cause there will be a few teams in a bidding war for him.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 25, 2013, 09:25:59 PM

If Revis hits the open market your really talking about having to overpay for a player, cause there will be a few teams in a bidding war for him.

Why?  Teams will either have $15 mill to spend or they won't.  I don't see a ton of teams lining up next year.  If Revis believes he's worth that much then I have to think he would wait to hit free agency.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 25, 2013, 09:34:21 PM

I think with the flat cap situation, a lot of teams won't be able to strike it big in FA in 14 and 15.

I think the Revis camp may be considering this issue too...

Just flinging it at this point...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 25, 2013, 09:42:26 PM

I think with the flat cap situation, a lot of teams won't be able to strike it big in FA in 14 and 15.

I think the Revis camp may be considering this issue too...

Just flinging it at this point...

Don't the Redskins get their salary cap penalty money back next year?   

You must be accountable for your actions!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 25, 2013, 09:44:14 PM

I think they asked for it this year and were denied...  don't know about next year...

Redskins only pick up Bucs case offs though...  ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 26, 2013, 01:04:28 PM

If anyone can help Freeman figure it out its Mike Sullivan.

Then I guess it's unfortunate that Sullivan isn't his QB coach

What do you think, just because he's the OC he doesn't even coach Freeman, that hes not in there hands on with him trying to help him out. I'm with everyone else, he has to prove it this year and put it all together, but I'm on the positive side thinking he puts it together this year and we will all be pleasantly surprised. The kid has had 3 OC's in his 5 years in the league, some of which was dink and dunk Greg Olsen. He will either become really good QB and prove himself to be the QB of the future, or he will go down the same road as Jason Campbell, who also was getting a new OC every year and trying to learn a new offense.

He's had 3 OCs in 4 years. Actually, he's only had 3 1/2 years as the starter, and never got starters' reps at all in the 2009 preseason. He's only had 1 year with a decent system and better coaching, and that's not even discussing the protection and weapons available to him. Some people expected he should carry the team. I believe this year he won't have to, but he will just the same. Everything about this team has gotten better since 2008, little by little. The wins are going to come

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 26, 2013, 01:14:16 PM

After watching the interview with Barbar it's clear Freeman is not the guy. In so many words he was saying that the team has been held back because of his play. The same with Revis we are not a player away from doing anything. So do not mortgage your future by overpayin one player with the money an draft picks. Its a dangerous game Mark is playing with his job. But l could see the buccaneers getting a qb because Freeman isn't his guy period.

I find it odd that he failed to mention how the pass defense held back the team. Maybe it was because he was part of the problem there. The Bucs could have won at least 3 more games with even a mediocre pass defense. Ronde is usually more forthcoming than that.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 26, 2013, 03:46:14 PM

He wasn't asked...

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 26, 2013, 03:51:07 PM

Barbar. lol

danlowe748

Starter

#27 : March 26, 2013, 06:12:22 PM

After watching the interview with Barbar it's clear Freeman is not the guy. In so many words he was saying that the team has been held back because of his play. The same with Revis we are not a player away from doing anything. So do not mortgage your future by overpayin one player with the money an draft picks. Its a dangerous game Mark is playing with his job. But l could see the buccaneers getting a qb because Freeman isn't his guy period.

I find it odd that he failed to mention how the pass defense held back the team. Maybe it was because he was part of the problem there. The Bucs could have won at least 3 more games with even a mediocre pass defense. Ronde is usually more forthcoming than that.

The pass defense problems were not Ronde Barber's fault.   The linebackers and Mark Barron can't cover anyone.   The defensive line gets little pass rush.   The corners are very weak.   The defensive system put in place by Schiano is terrible.   He stacks to stop the run in a pass oriented league.   How is that even a remotely intelligent defensive strategy?

All that said, Freeman should be stepping up and winning games on his own.   He has been loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball.   

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 26, 2013, 08:16:41 PM

To the OP.....you read into  Ronde's comments a little too much. He stated the obvious....that Freeman needs to get better and prove to Schiano that he is the guy.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools