Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde Barber « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : March 25, 2013, 08:11:13 PM

Ronde still on the NFLN set to talk about "Health of the Game" - he's looking too comfortable as a commentator.

pljlsplltt

Second String

#16 : March 25, 2013, 08:14:05 PM

A commentating job will be waiting for him when he retires, if he has any desire to play he will come back. I think a lot will be what the Bucs do to shore up the secondary, if he thinks we have a legitimate chance of making a run he will return, but if he sees another losing season coming in the future, he may just hang em up and join Sapp in the commentating booth.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 25, 2013, 08:19:35 PM

He's 3 INT and 2 sacks away from 50/30. He had 4 INTs last season, so there is definitely a strong chance he could get those numbers.

I think Tiki was right, he's coming back ... He's too competitive to be that close to 50/30 and not give it one last try. 

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 25, 2013, 08:21:09 PM

My guess is ronde makes his decision closer to the draft. Maybe even after. With some polish he can be a great commentator or tv analyst...anyone else annoyed by Ryan Clark?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 25, 2013, 08:25:55 PM

He's 3 INT and 2 sacks away from 50/30. He had 4 INTs last season, so there is definitely a strong chance he could get those numbers.

I think Tiki was right, he's coming back ... He's too competitive to be that close to 50/30 and not give it one last try.

I read somewhere that the TV execs were all pitching Ronde and they want him real bad.  He won't see the field much next year.  He doesn't seem like a "stat" guy.

My guess is that was a preview to what you will be seeing quite a bit next season.  Ronde on TV and not in a Bucs uni.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 25, 2013, 08:48:55 PM

If you didn't see the total access segment with RB, JBF has the transcript posted...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 25, 2013, 09:41:29 PM

Didn't see it, but this was posted... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153510/article/ronde-barber-josh-freeman-is-playing-for-his-job

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 25, 2013, 10:33:46 PM

I read somewhere that the TV execs were all pitching Ronde and they want him real bad.  He won't see the field much next year.  He doesn't seem like a "stat" guy.

My guess is that was a preview to what you will be seeing quite a bit next season.  Ronde on TV and not in a Bucs uni.

I agree. This very well could have been an audition and a chance for Ronde to see how comfortable he would feel in that setting. I have the greatest respect for him, but he was part of the problem last year. Maybe it's time.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 25, 2013, 10:37:33 PM

I hope that Ronde comes back. Even though he's old and slow according to a lot of posters on this board, he's still better than Danny Gorrer and similar players. He still makes a lot of game changing plays.

For the past couple of years he's made much more of an impact in the first half of the season though. Later on his performance definitely declines.

I would start him off at the nickle position and then eventually if anyone else steps up, then have them get a bit more playing time with Barber as the 4th CB. If there's a playoff run, then Barber would be fresh to make some plays.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde Barber « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools